Plan generating software - one for the architects and planners on here and I know you're out there

Mungler

I need a simple bit of software to generate some floor plans for a house, in the much the same way as you might see on a set of estate agent's particulars.

I've looked at this before and I know there's very expensive software out there for industry experts, but I am looking for cheap and cheerful floor plans to go with a DIY application to the local planning department.

I did see on amazon, there is a laser room measuring device and which promises free floor plan building software with it (and such that the device talks to the software and can build a plan for you) - anyone know anything about this before I go wasting my money on amazon....

Cheers all.

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

I need a simple bit of software to generate some floor plans for a house, in the much the same way as you might see on a set of estate agent's particulars.

I've looked at this before and I know there's very expensive software out there for industry experts, but I am looking for cheap and cheerful floor plans to go with a DIY application to the local planning department.

I did see on amazon, there is a laser room measuring device and which promises free floor plan building software with it (and such that the device talks to the software and can build a plan for you) - anyone know anything about this before I go wasting my money on amazon....

Cheers all.

I haven't used it for a while but I think there is a free online version of SketchUp. GBS