Crafty squirrel

harrycatcat1

1 hour ago, 30-6 said:

While trying to catch the squirrels going into my friends outbuildings, fenns and bodygrip, traps not gone off bait gone and mice droppings in the tunnels. Even in woods 6 foot up a tree they'd find it, mice seem to be everywhere. I tried small bird seed by the handful to distract them and keep them busy to no avail. What I found helps is big size bait, currently using apple cut into quarters or carrots, which seems to be working for now.

I never thought of apple or carrot, thanks.

Walking around the graveyard earlier I picked up a load of conkers for bait, cheaper than buying peanuts 🤣🤣

4 hours ago, 30-6 said:

While trying to catch the squirrels going into my friends outbuildings, fenns and bodygrip, traps not gone off bait gone and mice droppings in the tunnels. Even in woods 6 foot up a tree they'd find it, mice seem to be everywhere. I tried small bird seed by the handful to distract them and keep them busy to no avail. What I found helps is big size bait, currently using apple cut into quarters or carrots, which seems to be working for now.

Just beware feeding apples to squirrels it could be detrimental to their health 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Screenshot_20210927-182451_Samsung Internet.jpg

12 hours ago, 30-6 said:

What I do also is rub the apple on the tree like a cheese grater type action, this creates a scent trail but not a visible sighting that could attract birds.

Not like this then, there is no trap on the "apple line" so the birds will be safe.

I have put some conkers into the trap to deter the mice.

Screenshot_20210928-104322_Gallery.jpg