Southwell ploughing match and show Notts sat 25th

jeffgg

just slightly off on a tangent...............did anyone watch "the repair shop"..........they took in 3 old ploughing match trophies ...to rebuild and clean.....they were made oute of solid silver and gold plated...........the workman ship was sublime....all hand finished

think they mentioned they were world champoinship trophies

27 minutes ago, ditchman said:

just slightly off on a tangent...............did anyone watch "the repair shop"..........they took in 3 old ploughing match trophies ...to rebuild and clean.....they were made oute of solid silver and gold plated...........the workman ship was sublime....all hand finished

think they mentioned they were world champoinship trophies

Yep and I totally agree👍

Bloomin' great queues of traffic around mid-day so went to McArthur Glen and came back around 2.00pm and drove straight in. Still queues at the food outlets yet all in all not bad at all. I could hear shooting but was there a clay event nearby? Surely I wasn't hearing gunshots from the range at Southwell?

Edited by enfieldspares

Thanks TC. 
When Dad was about 76 I took him to see the Lanc at East Kirkby. I told them he was an ex-tail end Charlie and they let him look round the turret before they ran up the engines. 
When I said, “I bet that takes you back,” he just replied, “What makes you think I would want to go back?” 
Says it all, really.

He died two years later.