Looking for ground recommendations

roughshooter

I seem to be shooting more clays nowadays and have a great little shoot near Evesham (Throckmorton) that I shoot fornightly where the stands change every time and it is very enjoyable. I am looking for another ground that has reasonably testing targets for the alternate week based in the West Midlands or Hereford areas. Any recommendations?

I can recommend oakedge shooting ground visited numerous times when escaping from the mother in laws when we visit.

it a friendly ground can be shot on your own ( delay button on trap release) some challenging targets down the bottom of the ground!

they allow plaswad carts !

there is another close round some lakes but it was too busy for my liking last time I visited 

atb Agriv8

Edited by Agriv8

On 22/09/2021 at 19:16, roughshooter said:

I seem to be shooting more clays nowadays and have a great little shoot near Evesham (Throckmorton) that I shoot fornightly where the stands change every time and it is very enjoyable. I am looking for another ground that has reasonably testing targets for the alternate week based in the West Midlands or Hereford areas. Any recommendations?

South Worcester at Upton upon Severn should be right up your alley. Nice friendly local place. Good targets. A slight step up from throckmorton. But the same type of place with nothing too daunting. Check out their website. Search swsg.

There's also a couple of good clubs out redditch way. Three lakes is one. Forhill just north of redditch is good too. Try also Cotswold shooting at childswickham . Not far from evesham . They open 1st Saturday of the month . Fibre only. Also give hailes fruit farm a try. Near toddington(?) Not sure of their days/ hours. 

Hereford and Worcester shooting ground at redditch is ok. . 

Adventure sports at wedgenock ( Warwick) is good too. 

All these are good nice friendly places . Probably all a step up from throckmorton . But not registered level . So possibly a good stepping stone. 

All have website or FB presence so you should be able to check them out , see if they're what your looking for. 

Any more info give us a shout. 

Jasper. 

10 hours ago, jasper682 said:

South Worcester at Upton upon Severn should be right up your alley. Nice friendly local place. Good targets. A slight step up from throckmorton. But the same type of place with nothing too daunting. Check out their website. Search swsg.

There's also a couple of good clubs out redditch way. Three lakes is one. Forhill just north of redditch is good too. Try also Cotswold shooting at childswickham . Not far from evesham . They open 1st Saturday of the month . Fibre only. Also give hailes fruit farm a try. Near toddington(?) Not sure of their days/ hours. 

Hereford and Worcester shooting ground at redditch is ok. . 

Adventure sports at wedgenock ( Warwick) is good too. 

All these are good nice friendly places . Probably all a step up from throckmorton . But not registered level . So possibly a good stepping stone. 

All have website or FB presence so you should be able to check them out , see if they're what your looking for. 

Any more info give us a shout. 

Jasper. 

Thanks for that Jasper

i have shot SWSG many years ago but haven’t been for probably 10 years…. Childswickam I have also shot but I understand that it is a lot better now than it used to be so definitely worth a try. It is probably 20 years since I have been to HWSG and was always put off as it seemed very clicky there but times change. I have t been to Advenyute sports or Hailes fruit farm so those are definitely worth a look. I have been doing Throckmorton one week and going over to Griffin Lloyd the alternate week but Griffin is becoming decidingly morning of late as targets never change sadly. Longridge is also very enjoyable but only on Fridays and Saturdays.

some excellent recommendations there

thanks

Graham