Base nv90

telf

48 minutes ago, telf said:

The unit , resolution , price , colour , anything you want , just a general question !

Price and specs are all on the Optics warehouse site.

Basically a Pard 007 contender, but Ill say this , if it were any good , it wouldnt be £150 :lol:
Maybe  all right for sub 12 air gun ranges ?

6 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I will let you know my first thoughts later pm, DPD deliver am today

Ok, I would not compare the quality of manufacture to the pard 007, seems to be made to a price point, mine included a uniross battery, glass is clean and clear , menus buttons good,  the eye dioptre knob had to go on maximum but should be ok for most people, the focus knob is good but you need to be spot on for clarity or it goes fuzzy , the eye piece is a bit flimsy putting on to the ring mount  but once you lock it in it stays put but I reckon at night it might be better off, this way you may not need the scope to far forward as once fitted on the mount it's only an extra 55mm , plenty of shims, the adapter sits in the recess well if not a tad tight, but it's new, you need to hold down the scope ring lock button both ways to get the ring lock to activate , will try out later the I/R , just hand held for now, what ever scope your using I would first set the eye diopter to the best clarity , my Hawke S/F needs a careful setting , oh and has a spare battery cap, will let you know on I/R later, any questions please ask, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Ok, I would not compare the quality of manufacture to the pard 007, seems to be made to a price point, mine included a uniross battery, glass is clean and clear , menus buttons good,  the eye dioptre knob had to go on maximum but should be ok for most people, the focus knob is good but you need to be spot on for clarity or it goes fuzzy , the eye piece is a bit flimsy putting on to the ring mount  but once you lock it in it stays put but I reckon at night it might be better off, this way you may not need the scope to far forward as once fitted on the mount it's only an extra 55mm , plenty of shims, the adapter sits in the recess well if not a tad tight, but it's new, you need to hold down the scope ring lock button both ways to get the ring lock to activate , will try out later the I/R , just hand held for now, what ever scope your using I would first set the eye diopter to the best clarity , my Hawke S/F needs a careful setting , oh and has a spare battery cap, will let you know on I/R later, any questions please ask, 

Just to add, the shims are pairs and easy to get mixed up, there's not much different size wise, make sure you have enough screw thread on adapter and choose the shims fairly tight, this leave a bit a room to tighten up, I pushed right up on the Hawke so it went over the diopter enough to hold, being new it will take a few times to bed in , a smear of Vaseline helps on the lugs, so now on rifle and will see how goes later, I cannot get complete darkness as town lights🙄, time for 🍵

12 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Just to add, the shims are pairs and easy to get mixed up, they are numbered as there's not much different size wise, make sure you have enough screw thread on adapter and choose the shims fairly tight, this leave a bit a room to tighten up, I pushed right up on the Hawke so it went over the diopter enough to hold, being new it will take a few times to bed in , a smear of Vaseline helps on the lugs, so now on rifle and will see how goes later, I cannot get complete darkness as town lights🙄, time for 🍵

Hello, well I tried last night but it was not ideal so will try next on farm, it's a bit cumbersome setting up on the CZ and fiddling with the controls, I need to get some sort of hands free device to hold the rifle, how do other members set up these, ?,

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Theres a lad on nv forum posted that he didnt have much success with his , pic to one side and poor image , he was using a hawk scope , but their only new so they might be ok when people get the hang of them , or there will be a few coming up for sale , OW have sold around the 70 mark so far 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/09/2021 at 07:35, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, well I tried last night but it was not ideal so will try next on farm, it's a bit cumbersome setting up on the CZ and fiddling with the controls, I need to get some sort of hands free device to hold the rifle, how do other members set up these, ?,

How did you go on up at the farm?

8 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

How did you go on up at the farm?

Hello, not having much luck and the supplied battery did not last long, from what I have read a good number are being returned and getting a refund apart from cost of return post, OW are looking at a software update from the manufacture , seems once you set up for night shooting in black and white  and switch off say to change battery it reverts back to color mode as 1 example, I would hold on if looking at one as maybe the next batch will have this sorted, 

5 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, not having much luck and the supplied battery did not last long, from what I have read a good number are being returned and getting a refund apart from cost of return post, OW are looking at a software update from the manufacture , seems once you set up for night shooting in black and white  and switch off say to change battery it reverts back to color mode as 1 example, I would hold on if looking at one as maybe the next batch will have this sorted, 

Oh dear that's disappointing but thanks for being candid 👍

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, is there anymore updates on the base nv90? 
id appreciate any feedback as I’ve reserved one and 2 friends have asked me to reserve theirs too, so I don’t want to be responsible for them buying a price of junk. 
Thanks to all for their input into these forums, I’ve nearly bought a few dead donkeys until seeking advice here. 
cheers and stay well everyone. 
Ash. 

Huge thread on them here.

https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/base-nv-add-on-£150-….357389/page-22#post-3740530

I bought one, have not used it in the field yet but looks OK in the back garden. I use a separate IR torch which should help battery life. Seems there is a firmware upgrade available which will resolve the issue about the settings not being saved. It should suit my needs, .22RF and air. 

Edited by arjimlad

Hello, my Base 90 is going back to Optics Warehouse , not being techy or have a laptop they will do the firmware update which should resolve the initial problems , from what I have read those who have done this are pleased with the results, details of the firmware up date can be found on OW web site, I must give them credit for this, not sure what will happen to all the returns, maybe they will update them and sell on with a discount until the next batch arrive in December with the up to date firmware done by the manufacturer ,