Fuel situation.

la bala

27 minutes ago, Scully said:

No problems locally. 🙂Filled up this morning on an empty forecourt. Another vehicle pulled in as I was leaving. 
No dramas. 🙂

You are lucky, it's been madness around here.

I know someone who went out at 9 to get fuel and finally got some at 12. 3 hours to fill up, makes charging times for an electric car not seem so bad.

The cynic in me says this has something to do with getting rid of old stock of E5, which I believe come the end of the month, is no longer allowed to be sold.

Scrap that, just seen that E5 is to be available for at least 5 years in most major fueling stations.

Edited by Newbie to this

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 24/09/2021 at 21:24, Tonka54 said:

As far as I can remember they are still going strong, they are based at the side of the A14 at Kettering.😁  or is that Knights of old

image.png.6481f3c8eb3c561b546309472cc08462.png

Not too long ago they were based here, in the nearby village of Old, in the backwater of the ***hole of the county!

This country since 1975 has gradually wound down training in all sectors until we relying on foriegn labour who had been trained in eastern Europe at a vastly cheaper cost than our own system making more money for bosses here and not paying good wages which were topped up with benefits while our dole quese still existed .We have had 5 yrs to implement training of our nurses, drivers etc but have failed to do so .Likewise we closed down all sorts of businesses making goods used every day which would have kept our carbon footprint to a minimum and instead swelled unemployment by importing goods from china labour from eastern Europe .We should not have any employment issues and the money we would pay for foreign goods labour etc. could/ should be spent here and give us all some pride.

2 minutes ago, armsid said:

This country since 1975 has gradually wound down training in all sectors until we relying on foriegn labour who had been trained in eastern Europe at a vastly cheaper cost than our own system making more money for bosses here and not paying good wages which were topped up with benefits while our dole quese still existed .We have had 5 yrs to implement training of our nurses, drivers etc but have failed to do so .Likewise we closed down all sorts of businesses making goods used every day which would have kept our carbon footprint to a minimum and instead swelled unemployment by importing goods from china labour from eastern Europe .We should not have any employment issues and the money we would pay for foreign goods labour etc. could/ should be spent here and give us all some pride.

Absolutely spot on. It is the intertwined spiders Web of issues that being a eu member has caused all these years. When the government used to say immigration brings a net benefit to the country its a nonsense, it is so much more complex than that. Its the extra strain on public services, the increased competition for and price of housing, the depression of wages, loss of jobs, loss of culture, loss of Green space, the need for extra laws and thus greater state interference and restrictions on liberty. The list goes on and on. We need to make some massive changes and if the Conservatives won't do it, I'll vote for someone else. 

These last two posts say it for me. Spot on.

However who is there to vote for, when the system THEY have put in place just changes one shower of ****e for another, who all do the same over and over again with no chance of real change.

We need decent people with common sense in power, not folk who consider they are the elite and are better than us. They certainly are not, as we can see by the mess they continually make.

We don't need political parties, we need good people using a decent system, for people, not for themselves.

Alan.

This afternoon I went for petrol, not quite locally as I had to take in a bean stubble on the way. There were no queues and the price of petrol had not gone up since I was last there.

There was however a maximum charge sign showing that charge to be £30. To me that was pointless. A minimum charge of the same sum would deter all of those whose tank is just about full but who persist in filling up at every petrol station they come across.

Government are bunch of plonkers all they had to do was stop the news banging on about running out of fuel and job done no more issue. Pretty sure transport secretary said he wasn't going to bring in foreign drivers too because it just undercuts our drivers and causes another issue but looks that he has changed his mind on that one too. So we can look forward to a load of lorry drivers that like to drive on the wrong side of the road and or fall asleep