Fuel situation.

la bala

4 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

Government are bunch of plonkers all they had to do was stop the news banging on about running out of fuel and job done no more issue. Pretty sure transport secretary said he wasn't going to bring in foreign drivers too because it just undercuts our drivers and causes another issue but looks that he has changed his mind on that one too. So we can look forward to a load of lorry drivers that like to drive on the wrong side of the road and or fall asleep 

If they can do it in N Korea why not here?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

There’s only so much people can put in their tanks, when they a full they are full

That is technically correct.

However, round here we seem to have halfwits who fill up - then drive around looking for what has fuel, where there are queues etc. - until they need more fuel!

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

That is technically correct.

However, round here we seem to have halfwits who fill up - then drive around looking for what has fuel, where there are queues etc. - until they need more fuel!

AKA self perpetuation!  :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, JDog said:

This afternoon I went for petrol, not quite locally as I had to take in a bean stubble on the way. There were no queues and the price of petrol had not gone up since I was last there.

There was however a maximum charge sign showing that charge to be £30. To me that was pointless. A minimum charge of the same sum would deter all of those whose tank is just about full but who persist in filling up at every petrol station they come across.

Oh wouldn't that be wonderful, set off for Glasgow and stop every 40 miles to fill up again. a steady journey would run in to nearly a week.

But I bet they are out there!

Personally I have enough fuel to get to work for the 4 shifts, as I get down to a quarter of a tank I will put some more in as and when I see a garage without a queue.

2 hours ago, oowee said:

If they can do it in N Korea why not here?

The news is no longer fit for purpose of the days of a news reader reading a story of a plane crash and the next breath an ostrich running down the road with out a flicker of expression are long gone. Now its just like some sort of reality tv to get viewings

So all fuel stations round here were fine last week now because of absolute *insert word here* we have two or three closed due to panic filling.. if people just carried on as normal they wouldn't run out and would of been re filled the normal fashion.  But noooooo had to think bo having like .4% of their stations low meant the world was ending...

15 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

This isn't a devious plan to make us all go electric is it ?

We do not have the capacity for that. Will be even worse than this mini fuel panic. 

Some petrol stations are closed now near here but sadly both our cars were filled up towards the end of last week before the panic so we have missed out on the excitement and had to just carry on with our weekend like normal humans. The ammunition shortage is affecting me much more. Was shooting geese with steel dust on Thursday and then foxes with pic-an-mix .223 on Saturday. 

7 hours ago, captainhastings said:

Government are bunch of plonkers all they had to do was stop the news banging on about running out of fuel and job done no more issue. Pretty sure transport secretary said he wasn't going to bring in foreign drivers too because it just undercuts our drivers and causes another issue but looks that he has changed his mind on that one too. So we can look forward to a load of lorry drivers that like to drive on the wrong side of the road and or fall asleep 

Ah, screw the press freedoms then?

Interesting to see a garage in Kidderminster on the BBC News this morning.

The owner as stating that they have plenty of fuel! He also said they were prioritising NHS workers.

So what about every other person who needs fuel to get to work?

And how does it work that "they have plenty of fuel", but are prioritising the NHS workers?

6 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Ah, screw the press freedoms then?

They talk rubbish and sensationalize every and are biased. Amir Khan was just on shy news harping on about being thrown off a plane and then he mentions it was a few days after 911. So it took him 20 years to mention and no one really cares anyway. Really news worthy 

21 hours ago, Walker570 said:

This isn't a devious plan to make us all go electric is it ?

It is likely to be a devious plan by somebody as everyone keeps insisting we are not actually short of fuel if everyone behaved as usual.

For some reason a couple of stations were short and it got reported as a fuel crisis, we now have a fuel crisis.

Top of my list is big business wanting a return to access to foreign labour in order to keep UK wage levels down.

Second is Stanlow refinery trying to worm out its £250m tax bill by copying the CF fertilser (next door but one down the road) tactic of creating a shortage (CO2) so the Government will bail them out in some way

Thirdly a foreign power poo stirring by encouraging the media to cause panic buying, that could be France over the sub deal or Russia/China just for a laugh. It does show just how easy it is to do, much easier to get a reaction than gluing yourself to a motorway.

Is it only me who can see what's going on with the fuel"crisis ".
As well as an H.G.V. licence petrol tanker drivers also need an A.D.R qualification . There is a shortage of H.G.V. drivers that's true ,however H.G.V drivers cannot drive tankers without the A.D.R. qualification.
Last week we had A.D.R. drivers since then NOTHING has changed we still have exactly the same number of A.D.R. tanker drivers who were driving last week and will be next week. As a by line we also have thousand's of service personnel who can drive A.D.R. tankers ,pictures on B.B.C news tonight of hundreds of Army fuel tankers presumably with drivers as well.
The panic we are now experiencing has been generated by the government in order to raise revenues to pay for the covid epidemic .
Let me explain ,how can the government raise money quickly ? ,they have already put income tax and national insurance up by 1.25 % a couple of weeks ago so that's a non starter, and just too politically damaging and suicide for a conservative low tax government , next whats the product that attracts the most tax ? petrol/diesel ( 58p per litre at the moment ) o.k. how do we get the public to buy more petrol /diesel and put millions into the treasury over night , easy just put a leak out to the press about potential fuel supply problems and ........BINGO that's how it's done good people .

0 comments

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Edited by Jega