Fuel situation.

la bala

12 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Interesting to see a garage in Kidderminster on the BBC News this morning.

The owner as stating that they have plenty of fuel! He also said they were prioritising NHS workers.

So what about every other person who needs fuel to get to work?

And how does it work that "they have plenty of fuel", but are prioritising the NHS workers?

If me and my colleagues don't get to work nobody's going anywhere ,we work on an oil refinery making the precious liquid .

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26/09/2021 at 16:00, owdnorthener said:

These last two posts say it for me. Spot on.

However who is there to vote for, when the system THEY have put in place just changes one shower of ****e for another, who all do the same over and over again with no chance of real change.

We need decent people with common sense in power, not folk who consider they are the elite and are better than us. They certainly are not, as we can see by the mess they continually make.

We don't need political parties, we need good people using a decent system, for people, not for themselves.

Alan.

A pipe dream Sir? They are far too superior and untouchable?

In power or opposition makes no difference, the wages and expenses keep on rolling in without any effort apart from a few scowls and grunts?

32 minutes ago, Jega said:

that's how it's done good people .

With respect,  that is an utterly stupid theory.  This week we 'trick' people into buying more fuel by publicising a (short term) shortage; everybody fills there car tank (if they can get the fuel).  Next week, everyone has a full car tank, so much less fuel is used.

Causing a short term fuel 'shortage' may bring in money for a week, but overall, we (the public) will (in the longer term) use the same amount of fuel as we always do - and so there will be the same amount of revenue to the exchequer.

Guest cookoff013
2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

With respect,  that is an utterly stupid theory.  This week we 'trick' people into buying more fuel by publicising a (short term) shortage; everybody fills there car tank (if they can get the fuel).  Next week, everyone has a full car tank, so much less fuel is used.

Causing a short term fuel 'shortage' may bring in money for a week, but overall, we (the public) will (in the longer term) use the same amount of fuel as we always do - and so there will be the same amount of revenue to the exchequer.

Yup.

Just now, 39TDS said:

There are plenty of times when I want some extra money this week rather than next when running my business.

Governments(VAT and duty) or oil companies/refineries (revenue/profit on fuel sold) don't tend to work accounting wise in weeks though in the way a small business might.  Unless more fuel is used long term, there will be no more revenue long term.

3 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

IDIOTS are still queuing for fuel at the three local fuel stations in my area.

So ridiculous... Iv got about 150 miles in my tank, hoping they don't cause me to get stuck away from home .. 

Most local stations near me are now closed due to being empty, for no reason other than idiots panic buying

I hoped I couldn't get fuel and would to have the next couple of days off. Sadly I had no issues and no queues. Just filled up. One lives in hope. 

On a related note, the checkout girl in tesco said they had seen panic buying in the store as a result also. I suspect the same people are still using up their piles of bog roll. 

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Yes but nobody is querying an extra penny or three on the pumps . At the moment its buy it at any price.

Just now, Vince Green said:

Yes but nobody is querying an extra penny or three on the pumps . At the moment its buy it at any price.

I haven't bought any, so I don't know if the price has gone up.  On the two garages I drove past today, I think the price was pretty normal, but can't be certain what it was before.

2 hours ago, walshie said:

I need a jerrycan of petrol for the boat but I can't go and get it in case my photo ends up on Twitter.

I need petrol for my chainsaw , but I'm too embarrassed to take my can to the garage , incase anyone things that I'm one of the idiot fuel grabbers😳

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

heard a story today from a person who uses Facebook ...(so it must be true)......that a woman was reported to have filled up a plastic shopping bag with petrol and used a sandwich tie to seal it off before paying 

If you've got wattsapp,  pm me your number and I'll send the video . It's a cracker 😅.