Fuel situation.

la bala

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH has just got home from local garage after calling on her way from work, and asked how it’s going. She was told that petrol was ordered last Friday and arrived yesterday, and diesel was ordered yesterday and will arrive tomorrow. 🤷‍♂️So no dramas and OH just got her usual 20 quids worth. 
It’s embarrassing to see the way some people are behaving around the country. 

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I need petrol for my chainsaw , but I'm too embarrassed to take my can to the garage , incase anyone things that I'm one of the idiot fuel grabbers😳

I filled up a 20 litre jerrycan of Esso Synergy Supreme +99 for the bike today (the bike's tank was dry).

A short queue and no-one batted an eyelid.

No panic buying in this part of the UK.

There are no issues with the petrol supply chain in Northern Ireland.

Other parts of the UK have seen queues at the pumps, amid fears of disruption to the fuel supply and panic buying.Brian Madderson, Petrol Retailers Association (PRA) chairman, said that had not been the case in Northern Ireland.

On 24/09/2021 at 15:17, oowee said:

It has everything to do with Brexit. The country just lost a shed load of it's work force. The labour that remains shuffles round and something falls out the bottom. In this case drivers for tankers. 

There is no shortage of fuel tanker drivers. If there were we’d have experienced actual shortages way before now and way before brexit. You need to get over it

1 hour ago, spanj said:

There is no shortage of fuel tanker drivers. If there were we’d have experienced actual shortages way before now and way before brexit. You need to get over it

:drinks:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58670792

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/15970147/food-shortages-list-of-shops-supply-crisis/

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/aug/24/uk-retailers-stock-supply-shortages-covid-pingdemic

If we are so short of workers why do we still have dole q,s Tanker drivers need special licences to drive them and if there was a shortage the training should have been started yrs ago not now, The other problems are that you cannot renew HGV licences online as DVLA need to physically sees the paperwork and guese what it can and will be lost so the app, has to start again causing delays This is a Europe wide situation not just here so each country is vying for drivers and other workers This country is expensive training wise and a lot of potential drivers cannot afford these costs and the wages and disrespect from the public but some are dedicated .We have lots of retired HGV drivers who could be coaxed into returning as trainers for new recruits but would need it to be worthwhile. Recruiting from Europe is NOT THE ANSWER We could use more 7,5 ton drivers to take the pressure off as many of us who passed our test before 1997 have this category, but again it is down to CPC medical etc  and this costs but is an avenue worth looking at..We should not have staff shortages while we have unemployment this is what really needs sorting out with employers and Gov.

All local pumps are now £30 maximum and business was maybe just a bit busier but no lines of customers.

At least I have sufficient in the tank to get me to my driven partrige day tomorrow and back home.

I spoke with Folkestone Enginnering this morning to order some wads and he said his village garage had a tanker in yesterday and some stupid idiot put it on Facebook and within the hour the village was at a standstill and mothers couldn't get to the school to collect their kids.  He agreed with me the 'media' are mainly responsible.

Edited by Walker570