Cannabis

Chriskent

It smells like cats xxxx to me , the wife works in the coop and says you can smell it on their clothes as soon as they come in , as said you can smell it everywhere , i took the dog through the park the other day , a father had his kids out , they were playing he was smoking a joint , just about says it all 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of potential issues here, not involving the personal use issue?

The potential for different forces to ignore as usual the Home Office Guidance resulting in just more licensing chaos?

The fact that the weed of today bears no resemblance to the weed of yesteryear due to some strains having been engineered to be exponentially stronger? Psychosis central?

Certainly seems out of control anyway?

On 24/09/2021 at 18:03, eddoakley said:

Being impaired by cannabis use while shooting would be very different but a difficult thing to judge/prove?

Do drug tests show a level of drug in the system like alcohol tests do?

If so then similar scenario to dri

The drugwipe systems do not give a measurement, only if there is a positive indication of cannabis. It requires blood or urine for analysis from a lab.

Don't forget that in policing terms, the officer needs "reasonable suspicion", usually from their FIT/drug identification course. Their eyes, their speech, their mannerisms and what not. It is easy to spot someone who is intoxicated on cannabis. 

:) Having a bit of a chuckle to myself reading this thread :)

So far it seems only one person commenting on this topic freely admits to any experience of smoking cannabis, but there's plenty of people jumping to some massive incorrect conclusions!

The problem is this:  People who haven't experienced cannabis wrongly assume that its effects on the body and mind are the same as alcohol.  Hence, they are very quick to demonise the thought of someone operating a firearm whilst under the influence.

Alcohol taken in excess makes your reactions slower, impairs your judgement, reduces inhibitions and lessens your ability to control your physical self.

Cannabis works differently.  Yes, it can definitely be used to a point where you shouldn't be handling guns or operating dangerous machinery but you really need to be properly whacked out on it to get to that level.

I'd personally be no less happy shooting in the company of someone who's had a couple of puffs on a joint than someone who's been taking a few slugs of sloe gin... a practice which is "traditional" and positively encouraged within traditional shooting culture!

I used to enjoy smoking a bit in my younger years.  I would drive absolutely fine and sensibly, meet people, interact socially in a perfectly normal manner... strictly in my own time, I was dead straight at work... it's just a cultural thing amongst the younger generation that you pass a joint around in company or have a few puffs when you're on your own.  I never murdered any babies or mugged any old grannies.  I actually packed in smoking the stuff because I was suffering with pretty bad back and knee pain due to my work; contrary to a lot of peoples' experiences it actually amplified the pain rather than alleviated it!

I'm not sure if the OP is referring to cannabis use in regards of "smoking a joint" or the use of the cannabis oil type of products which are promoted for relief of pain and neurological conditions?  The oil is most definitely not like the alcohol equivalent of downing shots, it's more like nursing a half of shandy.

I think there's at least as much danger from socially acceptable prescription medication, in terms of affecting peoples' ability to operate vehicles/machinery/firearms.  Tramadol anyone?

Is cannabis any worse for your physical health than tobacco, it definitely is for mental judging by the zombie like cretins that come and go at all times of the day from the property behind us and you don't have to be a blood hound to work out what the stink is, so when plod (infrequently) walks past dose he or she or other hold their breath 

3 hours ago, steve s×s said:

Is cannabis any worse for your physical health than tobacco, it definitely is for mental judging by the zombie like cretins that come and go at all times of the day from the property behind us and you don't have to be a blood hound to work out what the stink is, so when plod (infrequently) walks past dose he or she or other hold their breath 

It may be a wash when it comes to smoking - fumes and ash from either can't be good for the lungs.
Cannabis at least can be used in other forms such as edibles which obviate that particular risk.

However, it's fairly well established that heavy use of cannabis among teens and young adults is a risk for mental issues such as psychosis and schizophrenia.
This is likely exacerbated by the preference among serious users for strains of increasingly high THC content.

10 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Some of the guys I shoot with eats the over the counter gummy bears.  They get high as hell and giggle themselves stupid.  I could only imagine the prescription ones.  

10 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Some of the guys I shoot with eats the over the counter gummy bears.  They get high as hell and giggle themselves stupid.  I could only imagine the prescription ones.  

That is disturbing, on a lighter note I suppose if you shot one of them they wouldn't feel a thing 😜

I haven’t shared a joint since I stopped smoking, which will be around 15 years ago, but not because I didn’t enjoy it, or for any reason other than I don’t want to start smoking again. A slippery slope back to tobacco for me I would think. 
I still have dreams where I’ve started smoking again and think ‘********, I’ve got to go through all that again!’ It’s a great relief to wake and discover it was just a dream. 
I have nothing against others smoking a spliff, and I’m yet to face an aggressive bottle wielding dope head, but have seen many dangerous drunks. 🤷‍♂️

I know someone who was very close to me who’s life has been ruined by cannabis. They suffer anxiety and other issues because of it and do not realise that it is a vicious circle. They do not drink at all and have never done any other drugs. Anyone who believes that cannabis is completely safe is welcome to come and meet them. However I know many more with alcoholism and a few who had lung cancer so none of these vices are safe. 

57 minutes ago, Fatcatsplat said:

Then you're quite possibly the wrong person to be commenting on this post

I am not sure I understand your logic.

8 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

So only people who are in favour of cannabis or understand its appeal are allowed to pass an opinion? It wouldn't be much of a debate.

I agree with that.

You only need to walk down the road and smell the air or look at the proliferation of grow shops to understand it’s absolutely everywhere.

If it’s everywhere and the police can’t do anything because there’s not enough cells / court time and don’t want to do anything because it means criminalising a whole load of people who outside of some rather outdated legislation are not on any definition ‘criminals’ then the Government should look to legalisation and taxation.

The accountant in me tells me it’s a massive earner and an entirely new industry - the economic growth, jobs, tax etc, well the numbers are beyond compelling. All that black market money propping up the most unsavoury people - get it on the books, in a system and tax the life out of it just like booze and fags - the country needs the money desperately right now. 

You only need to look round the world and most of Europe now to know it’s coming and in all seriousness I’d cash out everything I could lay my hands on to get in on that investment at ground level. 

Back to effects, definitely not for anyone under 25 years of age. The last time I read in on the subject there was a definite question mark on its effect on a growing / developing brain.

18 hours ago, HantsRob said:

To be fair I've smelled 'narb whilst walking through very affluent areas. It's not a drug confined to the ne'er do wells. 

The only difference is the dregs are more likely to share

Quite. I’ve known of a few so called Lords and Ladies partial to a good ole toke, and much more than just that! 🙂