Night Vision. rear day scope add on has arrive for £150 !!!!!! Make, Base NV 90

oldypigeonpopper

Hello, as above , is this to good to be true ? Well it is ,   Base N V 90 Add on, good for Air Rifle, 22 L/R and some centre-fire,  on board 840nm will reach 200 yards, but 50/100 is ideal, different internal specifications and shorter than the pard 007, giving better eye relief , with adapter and shims, still requires a side focus or AO scope, where can you find these ? Optics Warehouse, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

27 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, yes they are made to a different spec than the 007 pard which makes them more shorter and the eye piece slots on and off like the scope adapter, 

Yea I watched the optics warehouse vid. It was only a matter of time before a budget version of a pard came out, and Im guessing that a big company like optics warehouse wouldn't take on board some usual Chinese junk that you often see on eb*y, as I'd imagine it's a lot of hassle getting stung with returns or warrenty work. 

It must be half decent, and something I might consider as next month I'm going to upgrade from the screen type I use. 

I'd also be using it solely for airguns. 

Edited by strimmer_13

20 minutes ago, snow white said:

Just ordered one but there is £7.50 postage 

will let you know next week what it’s like I have a sightfree wraith for my 17 hornet 

want to try this on 22lr and air rifle 

was going to set up the wraith but for £150 it’s not worth the trouble of keep changing over

Hello, mine arrives Monday, 👍

Yes, I have the Wraith and after considerable tussle of getting it set up right it now works fine on my 22BR . It does say you can set it to move rifle to rifle but with this new unit at such a great price then easier to invest in one for another rifle.  Might look at one for my 17 Remington and of course pretty easy to swap over to an air rifle if necessary.

I set the wraith up with no problem but I don’t like the idea of taking it on and off different guns people say it will zero up 

every time but I don’t think I could trust it I walk round the fields and the last thing I want is to take a shot and it’s of zero so 

I hope this add on works out for me I might try it on my 223 as well just to see how good it is.

On 24/09/2021 at 20:22, snow white said:

I set the wraith up with no problem but I don’t like the idea of taking it on and off different guns people say it will zero up 

every time but I don’t think I could trust it I walk round the fields and the last thing I want is to take a shot and it’s of zero so 

I hope this add on works out for me I might try it on my 223 as well just to see how good it is.

I had a Pulsar N750A which I used on my .243 for Fox. It could be used on 3 different rifles, 'without losing zero' according to the write up, because you could set it up on different rifles. But I found that even if you tightened up the clamps on the Picatinny rails exactly to the same torque, zero would shift slightly. I now use a PARD 007 which has proved to be very good. 

45 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, so what's the consensus on using these new Base add ons for those who purchased one, I don't see many videos ??

There was a guy on a Facebook site who said that using one at daytime wasn't very good, but it worked well in the night and he could pick out rabbits at 80 yards, using the onboard IR. Using a better IR would improve it, as with most add on's.

21 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

There was a guy on a Facebook site who said that using one at daytime wasn't very good, but it worked well in the night and he could pick out rabbits at 80 yards, using the onboard IR. Using a better IR would improve it, as with most add on's.

Thanks Steve, some how I could never get on with the Pard 007 for one reason or another mainly eye relief  I recently sold it and when I read on OW web site this new Base add on being more suitable I used the money to buy one, am in the process of setting up once I get the scope and units eye diopters right, , will only be used occasionally at night on my CZ 455, at the moment it's all rat shooting on the farm to stop them doing so much damage and is part of the Red Tractor scheme pest control, Cannot be that bad as I read OW sold out ,

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

After reading various posts about this unit , there is a large thread running on the aigun forum , i think this is more a ratting rig , whilst its a cracking price there does seem to be a few niggles with it , but at that price you cant expect miracles 

the thing that it has going for it is the size and no eye relief problems  , however if i was going to buy anything i think it would be the new pard 007s , yes its three times the price but its a lot smaller so the eye relief problem should be ok without having to buy a picatinny rail and qd rings which when added to the price of a 007a comes to the same price as the 007s , and pards are a proven unit , just my take on things at present 

Used mine last night as spotter using built in ir good out to 250yrds on ir3, then put on hawk vantage scope 6x24x50, had to set to infinitty to see through scope, only really good out to 100yrds on scope an externall IR would make it better. Crosshairs impossible to get a crisp focus but good enough to use. ( tried to download link on videos on youtube) had to take off as it showed all my files. 

Edited by Digger79
Failed

• 6 months later...