Morning flight

Fenny

• 2 weeks later...

This was a truly memorable day, my first shot Fen (or any type) duck and goose. Was happy to be out for the day with great company from Fenny (this being one of his offered inland duck and pigeon decoying days) but to shoot this many birds was remarkable, would have been happy with one. Even nicer to know nothing was wasted and all found a willing recipient of the birds, including myself where I have made a number of dishes.

That day is going to be hard to match, I am a willing learner to the sport and very appreciative to the additional work and time that goes in to find the right location, very little left to chance with Fenny having his "lookouts" seeing the geese feeding on the stubble the day before- he really knows his area and the best places to shoot that can change daily.

Huge thanks to Fenny and anyone thinking about taking him up on his pigeon decoying & inland duck days you will not be disappointed