My new charge

la bala

My boys new dog Buster. He 6 months old now and spends a bit of time with me, we have a nice walk mixed with just a wee bit of training.  He is very headstrong at the moment which one can only expect of a pup, but i am well pleased with his learning skills. He is taking on board commands nicely but sometimes falls down on the recall if he has other things on his mind. If he turns out like Meg he will be a goodun.

Capture buster dummy.PNG

59 minutes ago, la bala said:

My boys new dog Buster. He 6 months old now and spends a bit of time with me, we have a nice walk mixed with just a wee bit of training.  He is very headstrong at the moment which one can only expect of a pup, but i am well pleased with his learning skills. He is taking on board commands nicely but sometimes falls down on the recall if he has other things on his mind. If he turns out like Meg he will be a goodun.

Capture buster dummy.PNG

Very nice , I love that age with a Lab pup , I keep saying to myself I am not taking on another pup at my age and then seeing one like your lads make me switch on the rethink button . I think it will be a case of wait and see as my one is only now 6 year old and as fit as a fiddle .

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Very nice , I love that age with a Lab pup , I keep saying to myself I am not taking on another pup at my age and then seeing one like your lads make me switch on the rethink button . I think it will be a case of wait and see as my one is only now 6 year old and as fit as a fiddle .

How old are you now Marshman? 

One bloke I know just got another spaniel pup aged 75! We have told him it will probably see him out but he still enjoys it. 

9 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

How old are you now Marshman? 

One bloke I know just got another spaniel pup aged 75! We have told him it will probably see him out but he still enjoys it. 

Morning Lloyd .... A few weeks away from 74 , I normally buy a new puppy when my old reach 10 , I can then have possibly two more years with the old and bring the young one up at the same time , If this will be the same case I will then be edging towards 79 , that's if the good lord think I have been a good boy , well a good ole boi as they say in these parts :lol:

40 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Morning Lloyd .... A few weeks away from 74 , I normally buy a new puppy when my old reach 10 , I can then have possibly two more years with the old and bring the young one up at the same time , If this will be the same case I will then be edging towards 79 , that's if the good lord think I have been a good boy , well a good ole boi as they say in these parts 

Well MM, when I saw you a couple of years ago, you looked as fit as your dog Bobbie, so I would say that you`ve got plenty of years in you yet. Whether him upstairs thinks you`ve been good, only you and him know that. :hmm:

OB

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

Morning Lloyd .... A few weeks away from 74 , I normally buy a new puppy when my old reach 10 , I can then have possibly two more years with the old and bring the young one up at the same time , If this will be the same case I will then be edging towards 79 , that's if the good lord think I have been a good boy , well a good ole boi as they say in these parts :lol:

Well I am 78, I think it will be young pup training old man.😂

12 hours ago, Dougy said:

Looks a good strong dog, and sounds just like our Buster, head strong with a character to match, recall is "just got to sniff this bit a bit more and i'll be with you"

You hit the nail on head Dougy.

Hi marsh man.

I'm not far behind you. My Beddy x Whip is 12 and my Whippet is 11.

I dont know what i would do if i lost them. But would never be without a dog.

I should be be changing my name to old samboy.