12 bore Pedretti Hushpower

K.K.B

Hi all, 

Does anyone have any experience with the 12 bore Pedretti silenced single shot shotguns? I've had a Mossberg 500 .410 Hushpower which blew the pattern with every cartridge I tried, had the 20 bore Investarm which I sold  (after hearing you could not get steel shot up to humane killing speed through one, although a very effective tool with lead shot)... But after talking to others that have loaded their own cartridges with steel and used them to good effect through Hushpowers, I'd like to try a 12g so I can go up a couple shot sizes and still have a decent amount of shot going down range to have the similar effect as lead. I will mainly be using the gun at night on rabbits with Horses living 250-300yds away  Any feedback is appreciated either about the gun itself, subsonic 12g in general or about steel shot being used in silenced shotguns.

Cheers in advance

KKB

Yes, wrong tool for the job!

Air rifle or 0.17HMR with a Pard 008 if you have equines and their owners you need not to disturb.  Even moderated bangs will carry very far at night with no wind, or worse, wind in the wrong direction.

Trying to quieten a 12 bore is a big ask. 20 bore is, in my experience, the sweet spot for silencing between load and noise signature.

Yes the question of what I'm going to run my 20bore Mossberg Hushie on, post-lead hasn't been answered yet, but I'm keeping all my empty cartridge cases.  In any case, it's a voluntary transition, not a ban.

Ok thanks for your advise, I was thinking of applying for my FAC soon as .17HMR would make short work of the rabbits. I have alot of experience with one. Funnily enough I had been looking at the Pard aswell, to upgrade from my Yukon 6.5. i like the idea of a shotgun for runners and in some areas would be safer than a rimfire.

Cheers