Bio ammo

On 25/09/2021 at 16:26, Old farrier said:

Ohh dear that’s not so good dosent bode well for a big drive on the partridge day 🤭

thanks for getting back to us with the report 👍

would you mind saying the make and weight of your gun 🤔

My sxs is a brevette . No idea on weight never weighed it sorry 🤔 it didn't like it for sure and I'm a big lad (17st) a recoil means nothing to me normally but it even bruised my shoulder 🤣

38 minutes ago, Ferret664 said:

My sxs is a brevette . No idea on weight never weighed it sorry 🤔 it didn't like it for sure and I'm a big lad (17st) a recoil means nothing to me normally but it even bruised my shoulder 🤣

Thank you I’m not familiar with the make of gun 

i do however enjoy shooting a light ss at game and am considerably less in the build than you 🙃

I think it’s buy a few of each instead of a slab of each to try them 

thanks for the feedback 👍

Hi I was given a box of 32g 5 Lux to Try took them pigeon shooting last week I must say I’m quite impressed had some good clean kills 

I wouldn’t normally use a 32g 5 for pigeonLike most on here a 28g 7 1/2 does the job for me but I wanted to try them because I’m interested in using them for pheasant which I think I will be doing, The only thing I noticed they were A bit more punchier then a normal Lead 32g 5 but only just a little bit more punchier 7 1/2 pounds over and under so not too bad on the shoulder but probably not the sort of cartridge you would want to put through a side-by-side

24 minutes ago, silver fox 1 said:

Hi I was given a box of 32g 5 Lux to Try took them pigeon shooting last week I must say I’m quite impressed had some good clean kills 

I wouldn’t normally use a 32g 5 for pigeonLike most on here a 28g 7 1/2 does the job for me but I wanted to try them because I’m interested in using them for pheasant which I think I will be doing, The only thing I noticed they were A bit more punchier then a normal Lead 32g 5 but only just a little bit more punchier 7 1/2 pounds over and under so not too bad on the shoulder but probably not the sort of cartridge you would want to put through a side-by-side

The recoil should be the same unless they are a faster cartridge. 

On 27/09/2021 at 14:20, Ferret664 said:

If I recall correctly, the Brevette is a French gun and most SxSs were made for walked up shooting and consequently were quite light (well below the 96/1 yardstick for weight/load).

This might explain why these particular cartridges feel punchier if they are faster than the normal ones used.

OB 

13 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I have been very impressed with the Bio Ammo shells so far, have had some cracking kills at good range on the clays.

Not been kicked about either, but then my guns fit me.

The gun fits me quite fine and I've shot plenty of 32g 5s through it and never felt recoil like that . After 6 shots I swapped back over to English sporter and the difference in recoil you can't even compare. I let others I was shooting with try them in their guns and they all said the same.  Far more recoil felt .

10 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

If I recall correctly, the Brevette is a French gun and most SxSs were made for walked up shooting and consequently were quite light (well below the 96/1 yardstick for weight/load).

This might explain why these particular cartridges feel punchier if they are faster than the normal ones used.

OB 

I've shot plenty 32g loads through it with far less recoil . Plus English sporter in a 28g 7.5 was fine the bio ammo was again a 28g 7.5 

We will struggle because both us and four other local clubs that we have a league with all have to shoot fibre only. These eco wads look and feel like plastic and can take a couple of years to break down when buried so even longer on the open. Our land owner will not accept these so the only ones that look ok are gameboresilver steel and the jockey paper wad. I have asked BASC if they can publish more detailed data on the wads and they say they will try.

My local clay ground has banned plastic but is OK with Biowad.

I dont mind the Biowad but today I shot a box of Sporting 100 28g and yes compared with these the Bio are a bit snappy. 

The Sporting 100 are a lovely cartridge and have just about the biggest dia wad for my silly overbored barrels.