Rain lovely rain

henry d

It's been a while! Parched grass, having to water the plants for the past three months, I can only remember two small spatterings that dampened the garden but today it is tipping down just as the local kids are off to school and to exacerbate their dismay I'm sure that a few parents have said; no you can't have a lift we don't have the fuel!

20 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Visions of tractors bogged in fields and fields of maize impossible to harvest come the year end

Very true, I noticed lots of fields of maize when I went over to the mull of Galloway for the tope festival and also on a trip down to Bristol, is it all for cattle feed?

Anyway it saves me having to water my box lollipops and hydrangeas

17 minutes ago, ditchman said:

some of my Acers got stressed with lack of water and started to drop their leaves early...........

My sapling apple tree ( maybe three years old ) didn’t drop its leaves but stopped feeding them to the extent they’ve curled and gone brown, despite me dumping plenty of water on it. 
Me carelessly catching it with the strimmer earlier in the year may not have helped. I hope I haven’t done irreparable damage. 🙁

Edited by Scully

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

Me carelessly catching it with the strimmer earlier in the year may not have helped. I hope I haven’t done irreparable damage.

If its just cut the bark in one part, should be OK, but cutting the bark all the way round (as animals sometimes do) is usually terminal unfortunately.  We only had about 1/4" of rain here - and now the sun is out and a drying wind.  More rain in forecast though.

fuel shortage is effecting me now..........luckily i had a full can for the mower....so that went in the car ...and i had 2.5 litres left in the mower so that went in as well...now got 1/4 tank...so at least i can get my flu jab and shopping and medication.......what a to do eh ?

34 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

If its just cut the bark in one part, should be OK, but cutting the bark all the way round (as animals sometimes do) is usually terminal unfortunately.  We only had about 1/4" of rain here - and now the sun is out and a drying wind.  More rain in forecast though.

Indeed, that's exactly what a mates Mother ( affectionately known as the apple lady 🙂 ) told me when I bumped into her in town. Think I may have 'ringed' it. 😢