Flotsam drift wood

boo

Picked this piece of pine up off the beach , was a fair bit scabby & couple of rusty nails , been drying out for a couple of weeks,  still smells of the sea , I've just ran the sander over it and it's cleaned up nice , both sides totally different finish,  so thinking of ideas for it , make a cool looking piece ! Got a couple of ideas , but fresh eyes & ideas welcome.....

20210927_161016.jpg

20210927_161030.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that is different. Very nice.    Back to the Motto  instead of whoo hoo I could have alterted it to BOO BOO:yahoo:

Spent a fair bit of time in the southern States of the USA, mainly Texas and they use a lot of this type of wood to make all sorts, furniture lamp shades you name they do it and it almost always in the raw so to speak, hence my comment re sanding it.

Edited by Walker570

On 27/09/2021 at 16:37, boo said:

Picked this piece of pine up off the beach , was a fair bit scabby & couple of rusty nails , been drying out for a couple of weeks,  still smells of the sea , I've just ran the sander over it and it's cleaned up nice , both sides totally different finish,  so thinking of ideas for it , make a cool looking piece ! Got a couple of ideas , but fresh eyes & ideas welcome.....

20210927_161016.jpg

20210927_161030.jpg

a bit of cooking oil or linseed oil on that will lift it no end   ornament or practical     a clock face and pendulum    or short legs on a table as a center piece   a collage of family pictures routered in inc keepsakes