PCP on a budget.

harrycatcat1

I just thought that I would pass on my experience of moving from a springer to a pcp. I had not used my old air rifle for about 50 years, a BSA Meteor that my dad bought me.

I asked for advice on here and also others that have experience of air rifles.  Not being one to chuck my money about and not sure if I would "get back into" air rifles I bought one of these.

Not from this company but my local gun room. I paid £220 and got the gun, scopes, pellets and gun bag.

I then bought a cheap pump off of fleebay for £19.

The gun I am very happy with and the pump seems to be ok up to now.

I am not saying that this gun is better than others but it does the job and it didn't bankrupt me.

3 hours ago, sam triple said:

Probably 45 more than you give your mrs 😂👍

Oh I've given up on that 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

2 hours ago, jeffgg said:

Which gun shop did you get it from cheers 

Brampton Gun room in Chesterfield 

33 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

If you get any accuracy issues buy a 3d printed second barrel band of eb*y, seems to fix 90% of any issues on other sites. 

It seems OK at the moment thanks but I shall bear it in mind 👍

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Big Mat said:

Looks interesting HCC , what's the bolt feel like? Agricultural? 

Been years since I had a PCP, pumps were alot more expensive then 

Ayup Mat how are you?

Yes it does feel a bit agricultural but thought that it might wear itself down by now 😅🤣 there was a second hand one for sale on here I think in .22.

Hello, I put a 3 D printed barrel band on mine but careful the screws mark the metal but I put a bit of tissue in screw hole, I only tighten the screw on tube the barrel screw is just in enough to steady barrel in the band, saying this it's now out on loan for ratting when I cannot get to farm, about 15 last night with the HW 110 22 using Hades, 

4 hours ago, Big Mat said:

Looks interesting HCC , what's the bolt feel like? Agricultural? 

Been years since I had a PCP, pumps were alot more expensive then 

Hello, just needs a tiny spray of gun oil, and I use an elastic band fitted on trigger guard and bolt to hold in place, £20 will buy a pump these days

45 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I put a 3 D printed barrel band on mine but careful the screws mark the metal but I put a bit of tissue in screw hole, I only tighten the screw on tube the barrel screw is just in enough to steady barrel in the band, saying this it's now out on loan for ratting when I cannot get to farm, about 15 last night with the HW 110 22 using Hades, 

Hello, just needs a tiny spray of gun oil, and I use an elastic band fitted on trigger guard and bolt to hold in place, £20 will buy a pump these days

May I ask what the purpose is of the barrel band? I've not heard of them before 

19 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Ayup Mat how are you?

Yes it does feel a bit agricultural but thought that it might wear itself down by now 😅🤣 there was a second hand one for sale on here I think in .22.

Still breathing HCC, main goal in life! 

I'm sure it'd tidy up with the edges polished.  Might take a look at one, mind I've got several air rifles already