Annual Boosters

Lucky Shot 1958

We do and I’ve always thought it pointless. We were up in Edinburgh recently and it was unseasonably warm so we couldn’t leave the dogs in the car whilst out at the zoo all day. We booked a kennel for the first time and they asked for the vaccination passport, out vet was able to email it up to them without much fuss. However for the money I’ve spent over the years I could have put them into The Balmoral for the night.

After there first booster i never bothered and they all lived well into double figures , Ive a wedding on Saturday so knew i would need to get them done to get them boarded for the weekend  and no vet would just inject them all claiming they weren't taking on new clients . So i made a appointment with my old vet   and had to wait a month and go to one of there smaller practices as the main one is just for emergencies due to covid so i got there she injected the 2 dogs and said thats £150 but as you haven't had them done for over 5 years we recommend you bring them back to get a second dose in a month . I just said fine and left ive no intension of going back , I nearly said are you sure thats the dog that 5 years ago when she was a pup you wanted to put down saying she would never walk again 

We have Petplan with vets. Includes annual boosters. flea and worming treatment. No cost cosultation. nail clipping ect.  think around £14 a month for Lab.

There flea traetment great never had any in 2 1/2 years. Last few dogs before used Frontline. Always had problems with fleas.

On plus side as Walked Up mentioned no problem in kenneling them.

I was once told by a vet that once a dog gets to a certain age they don't need a booster. 

But i don't think kennels will take them in without them being jabbed.

I don't bother and i've had twenty dogs and apart from 3 having fits they have all lived to a good age and they are out every day.