Next 007..any bets ?

ditchman

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

52% of bond fans said they'd find it acceptable, that doesn't mean they'd like to see it, just that they'd not refuse to watch it, hardly a glowing rendition of wanting it is it. 

And no where did I say I'd want a female bond either. 

You still haven't answered whether you'd like to see a white blade? 

Ah but that's not what's needed. You said that a black Bond isn't going to cut it and that 'the the very vast majority of bond fans will feel this way about it.' And yet this poll seems to suggest that actually, for more than 50% a black bond would cut it perfectly acceptably. 

You implied that yougov polls are known to be completely wrong, hinting that this might be completely wrong. If it's completely wrong about the black Bond issue, then isn't it likely it's going to be completely wrong about the woman issue? I'm guessing that's not what you're thinking, so it very much looks like you're saying one bit is completely wrong because you don't agree with it, but the bits you do agree with are absolutely fine. That's absurd. 

I haven't answered it and I will continue not to answer it for a good reason. I've not seen any of the films and know almost nothing about them, so I've got no idea whether the character's blackness is integral to the character. Is that Wesley Snipes, or am I confusing it with something else?

2 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Ah but that's not what's needed. You said that a black Bond isn't going to cut it and that 'the the very vast majority of bond fans will feel this way about it.' And yet this poll seems to suggest that actually, for more than 50% a black bond would cut it perfectly acceptably. 

You implied that yougov polls are known to be completely wrong, hinting that this might be completely wrong. If it's completely wrong about the black Bond issue, then isn't it likely it's going to be completely wrong about the woman issue? I'm guessing that's not what you're thinking, so it very much looks like you're saying one bit is completely wrong because you don't agree with it, but the bits you do agree with are absolutely fine. That's absurd. 

I haven't answered it and I will continue not to answer it for a good reason. I've not seen any of the films and know almost nothing about them, so I've got no idea whether the character's blackness is integral to the character. Is that Wesley Snipes, or am I confusing it with something else?

Point 1

I stand by that statement because.... 

Point 2

Yougov polls often are wrong due to the way they select the people to poll, especially if they have an agenda. The poll asked "would they find it acceptable" not would they like to see it, two very, very different questions. 

Point 3

How very convenient! 

5 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Point 1

I stand by that statement because.... 

Point 2

Yougov polls often are wrong due to the way they select the people to poll, especially if they have an agenda. The poll asked "would they find it acceptable" not would they like to see it, two very, very different questions. 

Point 3

How very convenient! 

Where's your evidence that 'the very vast majority' think a black Bond won't cut it? 

On Blade, you'll have to fill me in. What is there that means the character must be black rather than white? I really don't know much beyond I think it's vampire based and it's Wesley Snipes.

8 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Where's your evidence that 'the very vast majority' think a black Bond won't cut it? 

On Blade, you'll have to fill me in. What is there that means the character must be black rather than white? I really don't know much beyond I think it's vampire based and it's Wesley Snipes.

Just everyone I know that likes bond and not a single one would like to see it, very much like this thread, very few people want it. 

The lead character blade is is Wesley Snipes, nothing about the film says he must be black but if they were to bring it back without snipes, it just wouldn't be right imo to have a white guy. 

Take the recent ghost buster relaunch, they used all females and it absolutely bombed. I don't think a black bond would do that badly, but I think the further you take bond away from what he's always been, the worse it'll do. 

23 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

haven't answered it and I will continue not to answer it for a good reason. I've not seen any of the films and know almost nothing about them, so I've got no idea whether the character's blackness is integral to the character. Is that Wesley Snipes, or am I confusing it with something else?

Anyone could play Blade, he was born after his mum was bitten by a vampire. 

Back white or any other colour wouldn't matter, but Snipes nailed it.

3 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Just everyone I know that likes bond and not a single one would like to see it, very much like this thread, very few people want it. 

The lead character blade is is Wesley Snipes, nothing about the film says he must be black but if they were to bring it back without snipes, it just wouldn't be right imo to have a white guy. 

Take the recent ghost buster relaunch, they used all females and it absolutely bombed. I don't think a black bond would do that badly, but I think the further you take bond away from what he's always been, the worse it'll do. 

Aye there's the rub. No one I know has a problem with Bond being black. And a lot of my friends and acquaintances are very glad indeed that Bond has moved on, because that middle block of seven that Moore did were just a bit too daft. Probably why despite being in more than any other, he's the only one who never drove an Aston: he just wasn't worth it ;)

I don't know anyone who'd actively want Bond to be black over white though.

17 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Jason Statham has some bond quality's, i recon he'd be a cool 007

Hadn’t considered him. Certainly has some Bond qualities as you say. Maybe not suave enough? Bit too thuggish? 
I’d definitely like to see James Norton get the part but feel he may appear too young? 

29 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Jason Statham has some bond quality's, i recon he'd be a cool 007

really good for a change ..........trouble is he is too old if he is to run as bond for a decade....after 10 years as bond he will be 64...and looking for a bus pass

but Kunta Kinte's suddenly white for no apparent reason, when being black is absolutely critical to the character. 

It could easily be that being white was central to the character. White people were abducted into slavery by black people. Re-name Kunta Kinte as Dai Davies.

I prefer Denzil Washington in The Equalizer to Edward Woodward, so I am not against a person of a different colour taking over a role. I just think that to make a long established white role into a black role is just silly and for no other reason than pandering to equality zealots.

Did the surveyors ask if they would consider an Asian, Chinese or Eskimo Bond? If not, why not?

PS - Craig was the star of Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Road to Perdition and the excellent Layer Cake, before landing the Bond role. He actually did a James Bond audition in the scene at Colm Meaney's flat, when playing with the guns.

Edited by Gordon R

18 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Aye there's the rub. No one I know has a problem with Bond being black. And a lot of my friends and acquaintances are very glad indeed that Bond has moved on, because that middle block of seven that Moore did were just a bit too daft. Probably why despite being in more than any other, he's the only one who never drove an Aston: he just wasn't worth it ;)

I don't know anyone who'd actively want Bond to be black over white though.

Different strokes and all that, but for me, bond is a he, he's white, he drives an Austin Martin, drinks vodka martinis shaken not stirred, he always gets the girl, beats the bad guy against all the odds, is always proved right, has a licence to kill, has cool gadgets, ect, ect. Any major change from all that (I know they went BMW fir a bit ect) and to me, its just not bond. 

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

Different strokes and all that, but for me, bond is a he, he's white, he drives an Austin Martin, drinks vodka martinis shaken not stirred, he always gets the girl, beats the bad guy against all the odds, is always proved right, has a licence to kill, has cool gadgets, ect, ect. Any major change from all that (I know they went BMW fir a bit ect) and to me, its just not bond. 

Hurrah! goodbye Roger Moore! I am happy at last.

13 minutes ago, Scully said:

Hadn’t considered him. Certainly has some Bond qualities as you say. Maybe not suave enough? Bit too thuggish? 
I’d definitely like to see James Norton get the part but feel he may appear too young? 

Laughed out load and the Mrs asked "what you up too now" ???

i got James Norton mixed up with Graham Norton 

10 minutes ago, ditchman said:

really good for a change ..........trouble is he is too old if he is to run as bond for a decade....after 10 years as bond he will be 64...and looking for a bus pass

And whats that referring to ???

are you insinuating i come out with some silly comments 😄 

No reason why he wont still be mega fit at 64, im no spring chicken but can still get around like a teenager. 

With allot of caution mind. 

49 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Laughed out load and the Mrs asked "what you up too now" ???

i got James Norton mixed up with Graham Norton 

And whats that referring to ???

are you insinuating i come out with some silly comments 😄 

No reason why he wont still be mega fit at 64, im no spring chicken but can still get around like a teenager. 

With allot of caution mind. 

dont think we want to see Bond slide into bed with his bit of stuff....1/4 of his age and slip his Tenna man panties off instead of his speedo's..:w00t:

Guest cookoff013
10 hours ago, hodge911 said:

Next bond will be ...

Gay bisexual black vegan woman rights activist anti establishment police hating non specific gender who changes gender every 5 mins 

Just to be P.C.

You forget, immigrant, on benefits and have "mental health issues"

On 29/09/2021 at 09:41, hodge911 said:

Next bond will be ...

Gay bisexual black vegan woman rights activist anti establishment police hating non specific gender who changes gender every 5 mins 

Just to be P.C.

Well at least it won't be Greta Thunberg. I can't really see Bond driving up to the villain's lair in his (or her) prized and treasured "classic" Sinclair C5 powered by electricity generated by recycled fermented raffia. For a start it'd have no room for the two machine guns or ejector seat and as for discharging oil slicks or blinding smokescreens neither would be "quite so" either...

Edited by enfieldspares