MARTINI HENRY 410

Fenlandbob

53 minutes ago, London Best said:

Surely the barrel would have to be sleeved as they are .45 cal. originally?

Not all were! Later ones were issued in .303 British sighted for the 215 grain round nosed bullet that was loaded in the first marks of what would finish as a 174 grain spitzer bullet.

Edited by enfieldspares

7 hours ago, Fenlandbob said:

Cheers for the heads up, oldypigeonpopper. I spoke with him earlier, today. He seems to have contacts for this type of thing. He's keeping an eye out for me. 

Regards, Rob.

Well done, 👍, I seem to remember a single 410 with a barrel like a 3 penny piece ?

On 29/09/2021 at 19:46, Fenlandbob said:

Hi, all.

Has anyone got, or know of a Martini Henry converted to .410 shotgun for sale? Anything considered, but the more original the better. Always worth an ask. Many thanks.

Regards, Rob.

Yes I think have one mine's recorded as an Enfield Martini if thats the same thing - I was planning on keeping it but would consider selling

Edited by Downforce

On 29/09/2021 at 21:16, enfieldspares said:

Not all were! Later ones were issued in .303 British sighted for the 215 grain round nosed bullet that was loaded in the first marks of what would finish as a 174 grain spitzer bullet.

lots of cadet rifles and rook rifles, I feel its doubtful that a .410 cartridge would have fed down the curved feed ramp  or ejected 

Edited by Vince Green

37 minutes ago, Downforce said:

Yes I think have one mine's recorded as an Enfield Martini if thats the same thing - I was planning on keeping it but would consider selling

Good evening, Downforce.

If I wasn't such a technophobe, I'd get you to PM me. Do you know it works? Many thanks.

Regards, Rob.

2 hours ago, Fenlandbob said:

Good evening, Downforce.

If I wasn't such a technophobe, I'd get you to PM me. Do you know it works? Many thanks.

Regards, Rob.

Hi Bob

Do you mean do I know the gun works - just checking as it seems a strange question - do they not normally work or something?

D

Just now, Downforce said:

Hi Bob

Do you mean do I know the gun works - just checking as it seems a strange question - do they not normally work or something?

D

I can also get some pictures if you like so we can check we are talking about the same thing

I can only put two pictures as that is the maximum 

There’s a few like mine and one in the Greenwich museum which says on the left hand side 

“Converted for the NRA by W W Greener”  which is in fact the main reason I bought it - just seems like a bit of history 

94D0AB22-801F-4835-8F1B-B32D56560AF8.jpeg.9eaaef9969317af950ed8b7734d842bb.jpeg09806E12-5054-4193-9367-0C7505B205B1.jpeg.160358f2a05abccb2c486b549b9d1015.jpeg

7 hours ago, Fenlandbob said:

Any idea as to the date of the weapon? Also, what length of cartridge is it chambered for, and how good is the bore? 

Regards, Rob.

I’ll try and collect the answers and I’ll send a reply by PM so you’re going to get an email and a message waiting indicator (top right of screen)

D

8 hours ago, Fenlandbob said:

Any idea as to the date of the weapon? Also, what length of cartridge is it chambered for, and how good is the bore? 

Regards, Rob.

I’ll try and collect the answers and I’ll send a reply by PM so you’re going to get an email and a message waiting indicator (top right of screen)

D

SENT PM

• 1 month later...