Cabinet alarm?

Big Mat

A little overkill in my opinion, more easier to hide the cabinet or make a dummy one more visible but consider a shed alarm, baby monitor or any stand alone system that has wifi but remember to be stable the alarm really needs to be powered, the cheap Chinese battery type bits of kit need updating.

3 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

I have a shed alarm in my gun room. It’s great and my wife loves it because at 3am every time I sleepily get my kit to go wildfowling the entire house gets a nice reminder I’m heading out and have a heart attack then bleed from the ears. 

I set the house alarm at night which does not include upstairs and have wondered down a few times and set if off. Got a sign say this door is alarmed and leave it on the carpet by the door. Works for me

On 30/09/2021 at 20:11, WalkedUp said:

I have a shed alarm in my gun room. It’s great and my wife loves it because at 3am every time I sleepily get my kit to go wildfowling the entire house gets a nice reminder I’m heading out and have a heart attack then bleed from the ears. 

Tried going down the 'gun room' argument a few years ago

Unsurprisingly, I've still just got gun cabinets, and about 2500 cartridges in the garage !

On 30/09/2021 at 18:16, Big Mat said:

Hi all,

Has anyone got any recommendations for a cabinet alarm that links to your phone?

Only want something cheap and simple that notifies me if anyone tries to open the cabinet?

Don't want to spend a fortune as we'll be putting a full alarm system in new house when we move in a month or two.

Thanks

Why do you want your cabinet alarming, would it not make more sense to just alarm your front door?