Checking air pressure in a PCP without a guage fitted, ?

oldypigeonpopper

I use the regulator gauge on the fill bottle for my BTAS FAC FX Cyclone as regulated rifles only show the regulated chamber pressure rather than the main bottle pressure. As said above I too refill after using five magazines of pellets which takes the 220 bar down to about 200 bar.

26 minutes ago, snow white said:

Not trying to pinch thread but the dive centre buy me as closed do does anybody know of a compressor on the market that I can buy to fill my own bottle with.

Thanks 

Hello, there are compressors that can fill PCP air cylinders, or you can buy one that just fills the rifle, where in uk are you situated ? 

4 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I use the regulator gauge on the fill bottle for my BTAS FAC FX Cyclone as regulated rifles only show the regulated chamber pressure rather than the main bottle pressure. As said above I too refill after using five magazines of pellets which takes the 220 bar down to about 200 bar.

I have a gauge on the bullpup but not on the AA S200 so as above I try to keep an idea of shots but if I know I am likely to get a few I just nip in the workshop and put it on the bottle and top it up to it's recommended rate (190).    I would rather spend that money on pellets to be honest.

8 hours ago, snow white said:

North wales

Hello, if your on the UK AGF air gun forum you could put a post on asking where forum member get their cylinders filled in North Wales, ?? also which compressor will fill cylinders, good luck 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

16 hours ago, Good shot? said:

Is Frogsborn diving services at Howerden (spelling?) near you?

Just seen your location and obviously no where near you. (Was on my phone earlier and could not see your location)

I plink a lot also and that is the reason I fitted a Dr Bobs quick fill and gauge to my Rapid 7. Lose count of how many mags I have used to guess when rifle needs filling.

Edited by Good shot?

nk or a pump there is a gauge and you just fill to the recomended levelI just top up each time I go out with both of mine and not run out yet.

Spend the money on pellets and enjoy.

This system has again deleted the first part of my mesage.

It started,     " I don't see the problem on a ta....

Happening too often.

Edited by Walker570

8 hours ago, Good shot? said:

Just seen your location and obviously no where near you. (Was on my phone earlier and could not see your location

Turn your phone sideways 😉 sunny St Helens.

I now put my 177 pellets in containers when I check the skirts,  there smaller and 10 fit in each section,  which tallies up nicely with my ten shot mag. Really easy to put 50>100 pellets in, so it's really easy to keep count of your shots.

20210422_233456.jpg.c0b6c34d8f55d764379efd2d8de27ab1.jpg

4 hours ago, Walker570 said:

nk or a pump there is a gauge and you just fill to the recomended levelI just top up each time I go out with both of mine and not run out yet.

Spend the money on pellets and enjoy.

This system has again deleted the first part of my mesage.

It started,     " I don't see the problem on a ta....

Happening too often.

I just put on a reply, the above, but it didn't appear,  came back and it was on the editor aa if I hadn't posted it?

And I'm home on the WiFi,  so no dodgy signal like through the week?

@Teal any ideas? Bit of a bug maybe