1st aid kit supplies

mgsontour

46 minutes ago, London Best said:

An, of course, you will always have a signal when you need it most, alone in the wilds.

26 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

Yes absolutely I’ve had a serious accident before out after ducks on a lough miles from anywhere Thankfully I had my phone on me 

My remark was meant tongue in cheek. There is NEVER a signal when you need a mobile in an emergency!

1 hour ago, London Best said:

My remark was meant tongue in cheek. There is NEVER a signal when you need a mobile in an emergency!

Luckily for me when I had the accident (disolocating) my Hip crossing a creek The air ambulance helicopter whatever technology they had on it was able to zone in on my mobile signal it landed 100 yards from were I was lying Getting back to the original post I always bring a small 1st aid mountain  kit with me no matter what I’m shooting 👍👍

3 minutes ago, 243deer said:

Managed to slice my thumb open the other day, the only thing I could find to hand was some ptfe tape which worked admirably as an ad hoc bandage for a mornings work. The most important part of a first aid kit is knowledge.

Yes, absolutely agree and love the ptfe fix. . . . never heard that one before

• 2 months later...
On 01/10/2021 at 22:54, Big Mat said:

No point having a phone if you've bled out before the ambulance can get there!

CAT Tourniquet is in te kit bag, pocket or whatever along with a simple set of bandages, the rest can be gotten form what you're wearing or around you if you're stuck! as above simple kit with knowledge is enough for most situations, if more is needed then I'd say you're up **** creek anyways! Communication with landowners, partners/family wit a out and return time if helpful.