New Bond film.

oowee

8 hours ago, oowee said:

I went to see it tonight and it's alright.

Some superb action sequences and a fair bit of sentimental clap trap, but if the future 'Bond'can be taken from the story line it may very well be the last one I go to see.Β 

As long as bond is still on a mission to save the world, wears a tux, drinks vodka martini, drives a Austin (something similar would do), gets the girl, pulls a one liner as he offs the bad guy, gets some gadgets, annoys his bosses and is still a white male who fits the profile of all the other bond films and not some silly statement of diversity, I'll watch it πŸ‘

6 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

As long as bond is still on a mission to save the world, wears a tux, drinks vodka martini, drives a Austin (something similar would do), gets the girl, pulls a one liner as he offs the bad guy, gets some gadgets, annoys his bosses and is still a white male who fits the profile of all the other bond films and not some silly statement of diversity, I'll watch it πŸ‘

Good postπŸ‘ but I not a fan of Bond filmsπŸ™„

30 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Would that be an Austin 7 or even an Allegro?:lol:

Son went to see it last night and said it was great! He’s a big movie fan as is his sister and I, and as someone said at the preview….if you’re a Bond fan then at the moment of watching, it’s the best film ever made! Β πŸ™‚ Pure escapism.Β 
I may be going to see it later in the week.Β 

37 minutes ago, Scully said:

Son went to see it last night and said it was great! He’s a big movie fan as is his sister and I, and as someone said at the preview….if you’re a Bond fan then at the moment of watching, it’s the best film ever made! Β πŸ™‚ Pure escapism.Β 
I may be going to see it later in the week.Β 

Be interested in your thoughts. It's certainly escapism and a good movie but a true bond film ...............

Everything moves with the times.Β 

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Lets hope it stays that way rather than some 'silly' statement of diversity.Β 

Cars in the film were something else.Β 

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Be interested in your thoughts. It's certainly escapism and a good movie but a true bond film ...............

Everything moves with the times.Β 

Lets hope it stays that way rather than some 'silly' statement of diversity.Β 

Cars in the film were something else.Β 

That's a shame, probably sold out to the highest bidder for brand advertising but as long as they weren't austin Allegros πŸ˜‚

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Be interested in your thoughts. It's certainly escapism and a good movie but a true bond film .......

When was the last time you watched an old Bond film though?

It must be nostalgia because some of the old ones now seem really dated.

I think the thing with Bond movies is you get a sense of occasion and anticipation, if you’re a movie fan that is.
There’s the new song, along with that familiar and iconic Bond soundtrack as background sound, the spectacular cars, spectacular stunts and stunningly good looking women, loads of gratuitous violence, and you just know you’re going to be entertained. Bourne it isn’t.Β 
As an aside, the head waiter at the restaurant where my OH works, often attracts comments on how like Mr Bean ( Rowan Atkinson ) he looks, and indeed he does, but as a big Bond fan he often tells them he prefers to be associated with Johnny English. πŸ™‚
Β 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally managed to find the time for Mrs Jaymo and myself to go and view it.

Glad I had premium seats due to its duration, however there wasn’t a single point where I was wishing the time away.

Some good sequences as mentioned- even better to see the continuity errors and also the necessary measure taken in order to perform some of the stunts.Β 
Nice to see the DB5 with its upgrades. But I don’t know where they stored all the munitions and the logistics to feed those two β€˜garden strimmers’

The plot was reasonable plausible as far as the baddies goes- other parts were far too β€˜non bond’ for me.

I won’t say anymore, but glad I saw it on the big screen.Β 
Im with Oowee in that I doubt I will watch a subsequent Bond movie πŸ˜‰

well as long as the new Bond is not like the new superman.....it should be ok...........

just imajine the shock of miss moneypenny when she comes into the room to find 007 rogering senseless "M" with "Q" watching....not my thing..:w00t:

Edited by ditchman