PW Format Change?

wymberley

9 minutes ago, turbo33 said:

Respectfully, I think you’re missing the point. It’s only pigeon watch and one other site that’s not related in any other way, that is blocking access and warning me that PW is impersonating hackers trying to take my personal information, credit card details etc. Now I can ignore this warning, and ignore the fact that the certificate has issues at my own peril. But why would I risk that.? This is quite a serious issue and simply telling people they need a new device is not acceptable or sound security advice. 

C1458F13-BC4F-4462-8959-AC662724411F.jpeg

391E2E50-09F3-4D8A-9BCF-638ACCDA19F5.jpeg

55 minutes ago, turbo33 said:

Respectfully, I think you’re missing the point. It’s only pigeon watch and one other site that’s not related in any other way, that is blocking access and warning me that PW is impersonating hackers trying to take my personal information, credit card details etc. Now I can ignore this warning, and ignore the fact that the certificate has issues at my own peril. But why would I risk that.? This is quite a serious issue and simply telling people they need a new device is not acceptable or sound security advice. 

I think it might be you missing the point, PW is a pretty modern format and is updated quite regularly, a lot of the others have not updated their formats in many years, when they do apple will no longer recognise them in older os that cannot be updated.

31 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

I think it might be you missing the point, PW is a pretty modern format and is updated quite regularly, a lot of the others have not updated their formats in many years, when they do apple will no longer recognise them in older os that cannot be updated.

So are you saying that PW has a more modern format than gov.uk, Police firearms depts, or pretty much any other web site one needs to access? If so, perhaps it should be a sticky,that only devices four years old or newer can access PW, especially if they are apple devices.

Edited by turbo33

2 hours ago, turbo33 said:

I don't think the advice on this topic is bad, for some reason it seems older iPads are stating there is an issue with the certificate, but all other devices and browsers load without issue. It is certainly down to an interpretation of the certificate by these older devices.

Neither of these are issues with Pigeon Watch itself. However, I will look into why and hope to resolve but as technology gets older it does become obsolete, and if you are concerned about security using a device that is no longer supported, and doesn't receive updates or patches is not sensible.