Cost of reloading TSS

My local gunshop now charges over £1 a cart for Gamebore 42grm steel No 1.  I remember the days when you could buy a hevi shot cart for less than that!

How much very roughly could I reload a TSS goose load for?  It would be for foreshore shooting at flighting pinks and greys.

Over £1 a cart for steel seems a bit excessive, the 36grm Gamebore load was 55p a pop.

Cheers

Flipper

Will depend how much and what bore you want to load them for. 

My mate is loading then in a 28 bore triple crown shotgun so therefore doesn’t use as much shot, reducing the Cost. 

I believe even in 410 and 28g these TSS loads are showing to be absolutely devastating on Geese at serious distance. 

Hi the cost of TSS shot for 18grams is approx £1.30 .For 24grams of shot £1.80 . I load 18grams in 28gauge as Lloyd90 says they are devastating on geese. I would say 24grams in 12 or 20gauge is more than enough for flighting pinks. I use TSS for Canada geese, they are a lot bigger than pinks. Very tight patterns mean very straight shooting. You should read up on TSS and ask for advice loading. Foreshore shooting should be about using the best cartridges. Different parts of the country tend to use different cartridges for the same quarry. If you’re a member of a wildfowl club ask for advice. Hope this helps.

Guest cookoff013

yeah, traditional style is about £5 a shot. 

thats not duplexed. silly money really. it`d be half or less with bismuth itx 10 etc. but performance reduced to match atleast.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2021 at 17:56, flippermaj said:

Shaky,

I got Gamebore Mammoths in Grahams on Saturday, 3 and 3.5 inch in stock.............don't buy them all!

Cheers

I bought some 2 weeks ago in 3's. I must admit that the Eley Lightening have accounted for the same amount of geese. I went in for Bismuth but came out with Steel as its 1/3 the price. 

• 2 weeks later...