Liver bacon & onions

ditchman

I love liver and onions,  but it's a meal that we rarely have . I like heart and kidneys even more . My mother used to make stuffed heart , and it was amazing.

Years ago ,I would save the liver and kidneys when I shot early morning rabbits . When I got home , my late wife would wash and trim the offal while I took care of the rabbits , then she would  fry them in garlic butter , and serve them on toast for my breakfast.

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

just taken the casserole out of the oven after 45 mins ..the last 10 mins i took the lid off.....i did add at the beginning tomatoe puri with a vedgetable stock cube ...gave it a taste ...******* georgeous.......just waiting for the cabbage and pots ..............does make a difference when you use proper cured smoked streaky bacon:yahoo:

Have a look at Stokes sauces, they do a couple of items one of which  Orange & Cranberry sauce I have on my bacon and cheese bap in a morning. They also do a very interesting Chilli Jam which again goes well with most meats particularly venison.     Getting proper bacon these days is difficult. Usually paper thin slices that shrivel to nothing.  I have found a good supply of reasonably good smoked but none gets anywhere near from our own cured/smoked fliches back in the 50s.

On 03/10/2021 at 15:36, mel b3 said:

I love liver and onions,  but it's a meal that we rarely have . I like heart and kidneys even more . My mother used to make stuffed heart , and it was amazing.

Years ago ,I would save the liver and kidneys when I shot early morning rabbits . When I got home , my late wife would wash and trim the offal while I took care of the rabbits , then she would  fry them in garlic butter , and serve them on toast for my breakfast.

That has made my mouth water...

Liver Kidneys etc is a thing of sheer delight !!

Mrs wont eat any of it though :no:

On 03/10/2021 at 15:36, mel b3 said:

Stuffed Heart  (Roe)Sir !

IMG_20190527_191911.jpg

On 03/10/2021 at 11:47, ditchman said:

decieded to have liver ...smoked streaky bacon and onions ..casseroled today with mash and fine chopped cabbage................

i know its old school .......does anyone else eat this sort of thing........showed the liver to a mate of mine and he nearly chucked up at the sight of it and said how the bloody hell can you eat that ****

am i strange ?...............its very good for you

Perfect Meal. Lady next door always cooked liver and onions. you could smell when getting out of car.