Hull Superfast 27g 7.5 FIBRE [and/or] Lyalvale Express English Sporter 28g 7.5 FIBRE

Downforce

Hull Superfast 27g 7.5 FIBRE [and/or] Lyalvale Express English Sporter 28g 7.5 FIBRE

One unopened box of 250 of each happy to sell one or both for £65 each

Half box of 125 for £38 if two people are interested in half a box

SGC required in face to face transaction - so cash preferred

Collect Hertfordshire or possibly meet up South Lincs / Grantham subject to availability

IMG_0971A.jpg

Edited by Downforce

1 hour ago, Lever357 said:

Not trying to burst your bubble, but my local gunshop sells Hull Superfast for £54 per 250 and a quick Google reveals the Express go for similar.

No Problem - thanks for letting me know - I just put them up at what I paid through Just Cartridges (excluding delivery costs which obviously I paid) 

so I don’t really want to sell at a loss I’ll use them at some point if nobody else wants them 

Edited by Downforce

42 minutes ago, HantsRob said:

To be fair Greenfields in Wilts sells at 223/thou, so only a quid and change more per slab. Always happy to hear of a cheaper place though

Thanks 

Was beginning to think I’d been ripped off as JC are normally very competitive 

46 minutes ago, Downforce said:

Thanks 

Was beginning to think I’d been ripped off as JC are normally very competitive 

No problem.

I always find Just Cartridges the most expensive and that's before carriage. They charge £234 for 1000 Hull Superfast whereas Bywell are only £216.

5 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

I thought the same, just over £50 here for superfasts in fibre. Cartridges must be more down south.

I don’t even have a local gun shop as such - a lot of the places I used to buy cartridges have gone by the wayside so getting them delivered by JC (is there anyone else does home delivery cheaper) or buying at a shooting ground are main options and I’ve found that can be variable what is available at shooting grounds

As I said if nobody wants them I’ll use them sooner or later

D

7 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

If you travel to South Lincs … go see Coates at Whaplode … you’ll save a fortune on JC prices.

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

:good:

Well - the irony here is timing... I will be near Grantham on Friday if my plan pans out and fuel exists

But be that as it may

• I already bought the ones i got so dont need any more
  • I already have more than I will use in the immediate future 
  • By the time I've just gone to Coates to just get cartridges if i wasnt going already it would have cost more in fuel

And I had heard some people were struggling to find cheap (? or not so cheap ?) cartridges - so offered these up out of the goodness of my heart mainly to help others out and just get told I paid too much for them 😉

So where near Hitchin can i get plenty of selection at rock bottom prices ?

D

11 hours ago, Downforce said:

I don’t even have a local gun shop as such - a lot of the places I used to buy cartridges have gone by the wayside so getting them delivered by JC (is there anyone else does home delivery cheaper) or buying at a shooting ground are main options and I’ve found that can be variable what is available at shooting grounds

As I said if nobody wants them I’ll use them sooner or later

D

34 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

If you travel to South Lincs … go see Coates at Whaplode … you’ll save a fortune on JC prices.

Look up the prices and delivery at Clarks of Walsham , far cheaper than Just Cartridges and a good selection.

46 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

This

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Look up the prices and delivery at Clarks of Walsham , far cheaper than Just Cartridges and a good selection.

230 miles and 4-5 hours later… I’d be £47+ lighter on fuel at 30mpg so I’d really be looking at something closer otherwise I may as well just pay £65 from JC and use the time to get a massage at home 🙂 

I used to go to a place north of Royston but they closed then I think they reopened but there’s got to be something closer (anyone)

D

BTW need to be open weekends 

1 hour ago, Downforce said:

Only up to 65 miles according to the website 

nevertheless the hull super fast 29g are £65 according to their pricing list 

£57 for the Lyalvale Express 

D

I believe the 65 miles is just for the building materials which is a different section from the shooting supplies  , I could be wrong , the last time I bought some shells from them the delivery was £10 when JC was £15 , mind you that was in the pre corvid days when ( normal ) people didn't sit on motorways stopping folk getting on with their everyday tasks and we could put juice in our cars without joining a q that went into one county and out of another :lol:

On 05/10/2021 at 21:09, Downforce said:

Only up to 65 miles according to the website 

nevertheless the hull super fast 29g are £65 according to their pricing list 

£57 for the Lyalvale Express 

D

I paid £68.00 a slab Hull superfast 29/6 at Thetford Guns yesterday on the way home from Gt.Yarmouth 

On 05/10/2021 at 22:36, marsh man said:

I believe the 65 miles is just for the building materials which is a different section from the shooting supplies  , I could be wrong , the last time I bought some shells from them the delivery was £10 when JC was £15 , mind you that was in the pre corvid days when ( normal ) people didn't sit on motorways stopping folk getting on with their everyday tasks and we could put juice in our cars without joining a q that went into one county and out of another 

marsh man you use a fair amount of cartridges where do you buy around Norfolk out of interest.

So I guess it’s fair to say the price of cartridges varies from different suppliers  (no shock there then)

But I still haven’t found anything substantially cheaper than JC near Hitchin when the cost of collecting/delivery makes it cheaper 

D

Edited by Downforce

2 hours ago, kamyonsofor said:

I paid £68.00 a slab Hull superfast 29/6 at Thetford Guns yesterday on the way home from Gt.Yarmouth 

marsh man you use a fair amount of cartridges where do you buy around Norfolk out of interest.

Hope you had a decent day in Yarmouth and got some fresh air along the seafront , not a bad time when the weather is nice .

I used to buy all my pigeon shooting cartridges from Jimmy Ling at Hoxne , which isn't that far from you , but like us all he is getting older and moved his cartridges and customers to Clarks at Walsham.

Now I manage to get one or two slabs from the sporting auction at Horners at Acle , these average £45 / 50 plus fees for the dearer ones and around £40 plus fees for the cheaper ones , I also buy some off the local members who want to sell some cartridges, if I manage to beat TIGHTCHOKE to the winning post , which nowadays isn't very often , as he is easily the No1 cartridge buyer on the forum .

Wildfowling cartridges I get from Richersons of Halesworth when I have to get the estate some and that save me on fuel as they pay my mileage money, All the best   MM

4 hours ago, marsh man said:

Hope you had a decent day in Yarmouth and got some fresh air along the seafront , not a bad time when the weather is nice .

I used to buy all my pigeon shooting cartridges from Jimmy Ling at Hoxne , which isn't that far from you , but like us all he is getting older and moved his cartridges and customers to Clarks at Walsham.

Now I manage to get one or two slabs from the sporting auction at Horners at Acle , these average £45 / 50 plus fees for the dearer ones and around £40 plus fees for the cheaper ones , I also buy some off the local members who want to sell some cartridges, if I manage to beat TIGHTCHOKE to the winning post , which nowadays isn't very often , as he is easily the No1 cartridge buyer on the forum .

Wildfowling cartridges I get from Richersons of Halesworth when I have to get the estate some and that save me on fuel as they pay my mileage money, All the best   MM

Well I have been shooting at Nottingham Gun Club for the last couple of days, they sold me Hull branded for the ground at £203 a thousand. A perfectly adequate cartridge for a good price.  :good:

Back tomorrow for a hundred ABT.  :cool1:

My eldest son has just filled his Audi estate with a gun cabinet and some of my cartridge mountain!  :w00t:

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well I have been shooting at Nottingham Gun Club for the last couple of days, they sold me Hull branded for the ground at £203 a thousand. A perfectly adequate cartridge for a good price.  :good:

Back tomorrow for a hundred ABT.  

My eldest son has just filled his Audi estate with a gun cabinet and some of my cartridge mountain!  

I dare say your lad would have several Grey hairs time he made any impression on your cartridge empire , he could even be drawing his state pension and giving you a look in a old persons home for retired cartridge mass collectors :lol:

Have a good day tomorrow and if I see any shells advertised I will give you first option when you are back on line.:good: