AA renewal ???.

samboy

Hi gang.

Just got my AA renewal price in. They want £339.43. I dont think so. Any suggestions ?.

Thanks all.

20 minutes ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

Just got my AA renewal price in. They want £339.43. I dont think so. Any suggestions ?.

Thanks all.

Go though you insurance company. 

Or ring them to cancel, the price will probably halve.

Edited by Newbie to this

I rarely deal with the same insurance company two years running , two years ago I went with the AA and got roadside assistance for £15 then when it came up for renewal it shot up to about four times the original cost , so as the R A C was a cheaper quote I went with them and again an introductory offer for roadside assistance , now oddly enough I have just got this years quote from the R A C and it was about £20 cheaper than last year with the roadside assistance included .

I have tried all manner and have gone back to RAC 
I like to know what I’m getting and with one of the big 2 I can virtually guarantee that they will have a go at a repair. 
Both have got me back on the road in the past but in fairness some of the cheaper ones have also. 

I have also had some shockers where they have come out and just put it on a low loader usually the service is provided by a local third party. 

if you are happy with what you have then that’s all that really matters. 

on a side note I have seen a few green flag trucks but not half as many as the big 2. 
do they use exclusively their own patrols or that if local garages as well 

Edited by ph5172

Do yourself a favour and ring Start Rescue, been let down by RAC (7 hour wait despite being a priority medical case) and the AA (could not fund a fault with my wife's car and left her to her own devices whilst she was 8 months pregnant, I looked at the car the next day and the distributer cap was cracked), Start Rescue, on the other hand, have been amazing, after I broke down once they rang 3 times in the half hour to check I was OK and keep me updated on the recovery truck, all for a fraction of the cost of the big 3.

Passed driving test in 1966 and driven constantly since. 
Never been a member of any road rescue organisation. 
Never been stuck at the roadside.  
Had nothing but Land Rovers since 1976.

Bound to break down tomorrow now I’ve posted that!

Edited by London Best

in many many years paying a lump  to the aa   when we needed them   i worked away from home    mrs used once   they ****ed her about something rotten    i canceled the policy in excess of £   200             start sure                     once cost less than £40 pa  in less than an hour we were in the road         before that aa rac green flag  a lot money for  a **** service  never again        with green flag    at 4am  we broke down  35ml from home 18hrs to get home  a local garage would have sorted in a few hours  could have paid an independent less on recovery      with a 6mt  old baby  the aa was 18 hrs  phone  a mate to take mrs and little un home ill get there sometime  it needed a new coil pack £25  when i got home  and was good to go            they  cant fix nothing on the road        start sure    and others within the hour  or recovery home               not relay  to the next service station                     Car Breakdown Cover UK from £19.75/year | startrescue.co.uk | startrescue.co.uk   mrs has this             mine inc in ins for £23  xtra    they are the dogs dangles         the service we have had  i could never fault   however i keep our motors in good fettle  two recoveries in  18 yrs     my daughters use start rescue  im happy they are safe and home