Rat poison and foxes

amateur

I have been putting out "pasta" rat poison in a bait box in the garden for a while, and found the odd dead rat, but of late the box has been shifted a good ten yards or so and emptied of the bait.

Would a rat do that, or is it likely to be a fox, and if so will it kill the fox?

When they came to put down rat poison at one of our properties the man said it wont kill any animal that can throw up. It only kills rats and mice because they cant throw up.

I dont know how true that is I'm just repeating what I was told. He was from the Council so he should be legit.

Edited by Vince Green

Mystery after mystery.

The dispenser, which had disappeared 2 nights ago suddenly reappeared in the middle of the lawn.

My wife had searched the borders (so she said)

It was as though it had missed its feed and wanted the refill.

3 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

A sad and possibly painful way for a fox to die. Plus, poisoned rats can be picked up by Owls, then they too ingest the poison. I realise that it's difficult to control rat's without using poison though.

This is the main issue with poisons, the fact that it will then pass onto Owls etc, but unless you have multiple tunnel traps that are baited and checks everyday.. but then you'll never rid yourself of rats. They're everywhere..