FUEL SHORTAGE OVER

DUNKS

5 minutes ago, toxo said:

I was told the whole thing was engineered to get rid of old fuel to make way for some new stuff!! Don't ask me.

Wouldn't surprise me, get rid of the E5 petrol to make way for the E10 rubbish that does a heck of a lot less per gallon and is likely cheaper to produce

We had a family wedding and spent the last 2 weeks running about picking up and dropping stuff off and every time we needed fuel we got it despite putting £50 in the tank each time compared to the normal £20 there never was a fuel shortage the queues where caused by the same gullible clowns that caused the toilet paper shortage  but you cant educate pork 

Still a problem in deepest London suburbia.

I had a dental appointment and on the way drove past two empty garages, so chose a different route home and managed to find one with a 5 car queue. E5 was 147 a litre, but at least I was able to fill up.

That will keep me going until next month

Edited by amateur

last night i had the young couple around my house...they were costing up with the plasterer and the lecky....on the way out the lad said "ive put a can of petrol by the car for you as i know you are having trouble getting fuel at acle"

well **** my ole boots .....how nice and thoughtful was that eh........i was quite surprised and nearly choked up...

so jaymo...i think i will be alright until the fuel thingy stabilises here now...........and thank you anyway for you kind offer again :good:

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Was there ever a shortage of fuel, ??, Or even HGV drivers ?? 

There has been a shortage of HGV drivers for over 30 years.  Its probably why it's pushed as a resettlement course for ex forces, walk into any job as plenty of vacancies. 

It's only when you get into the job you realise how bad the conditions and pay are. By then it's a catch 22, either work and earn or retrain. Many retrain or find alternate jobs.

There are probably 1000s of licensed HGV drivers who simply refuse to return to driving. I'm retired and so glad to be off the road. 

The nearest we've ever come to filling the void was when drivers where imported from various countries. Unfortunately that forced more British drivers to quit as they were under cut.

If an import will work for £5.00 an hour and live in his cab, why pay a British driver £7.50 per hour and £18 - £20 for a night out. (Rates before I retired).

Employers have done this to themselves by importing cheap labour and undervaluing British workers.

9 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

There has been a shortage of HGV drivers for over 30 years.  Its probably why it's pushed as a resettlement course for ex forces, walk into any job as plenty of vacancies. 

It's only when you get into the job you realise how bad the conditions and pay are. By then it's a catch 22, either work and earn or retrain. Many retrain or find alternate jobs.

There are probably 1000s of licensed HGV drivers who simply refuse to return to driving. I'm retired and so glad to be off the road. 

The nearest we've ever come to filling the void was when drivers where imported from various countries. Unfortunately that forced more British drivers to quit as they were under cut.

If an import will work for £5.00 an hour and live in his cab, why pay a British driver £7.50 per hour and £18 - £20 for a night out. (Rates before I retired).

Employers have done this to themselves by importing cheap labour and undervaluing British workers.

Hello, have to agree on the last paragraph , 👍

watched a program not too long ago  ikea drivers at plimoth or portsmouth  living in their cabs paid in Rumania sweeties   to deliver all over uk     WHY      big companies with accountants  rip the **** out of the supply chain    tesco made billions in lockdown they put their prices up and blamed supply   at 98% capacity  why in  a pandemic record profits    they buy cheap sell dear              joe public  should go to farmers markets  butchers  fresh food wather rhan processed shiite