Just read this

hodge911

But alleged assault and being sent on an anger management course is not a warning what is ?

so thinking of a way forward 

maybe endorsement comments box on your licence that as  licence holders we are duty bound to disclose to police on anything above a speeding or parking ticket! 

but there are holes in that theory.

can’t see this one ending well !

Plod might do well to consider how many ticket holders go the extra mile in lawfulness to avoid losing their hard won treasured possession. Making things more difficult for holders might see some not bothering to stay on the path of righteousness.

Edited by Dave-G

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

I suspect that what ever happen probably wasn't a physical altercation or he would have been charged. Either that or the victims, for reasons of their own, wouldn't press charges. Maybe maybe maybe  

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15871945/gunman-jake-davison-on-cops-wanted-list/

Read that and tell me thats a cautionable offence ?
He took some kind of cautionary 'deal' where he promised to take anger management measures, and requested GP help for mental health issues ?

Then they waited 5 months and gave his ticket back .....

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

There lies the point, he cant plead guilty to anything in an interview, he can just admit that whatever it is said happened did take place. But without a court case to decide whether that constituted an assault or not in the eyes of the law it goes nowhere.

I suspect that what ever happen probably wasn't a physical altercation or he would have been charged. Either that or the victims, for reasons of their own, wouldn't press charges. Maybe maybe maybe  

OK pleaded guilty was the wrong choice of words, he admitted that he committed assault.

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

OK pleaded guilty was the wrong choice of words, he admitted that he committed assault.

He admitted he did what they said he did. That doesn't necessarily mean it was assault, but may have been. I could have gone to court and then been thrown out for all manner of reasons and then they would definately have to have given his ticket back regardless.

It all comes down to the facts of what happened which we don't know. What I do know is some people are bad at their jobs and some people are over worked and forget to send an email on a Friday afternoon. I would like to see the facts rather than  a media article before I decide if a significant punishment such as dismissal through gross misconduct is fair. You have no idea on the background of the people involved and I dare say losing your job, reputation and pension benefits would be life changing for most people.