antony

plenty of pinkfooted geese around goole fields and  crowle,No one seems to be shooting these geese,I live fairly local to Goole and im sure the farmers in the area would allow a small party of guns to shoot on the farmers land that they were feeding on for a small fee.

8 minutes ago, eggy74 said:

ask them

100% get the permission build a good relationship up with the landowner propose the offer of offering the shooting out for sale & go from there. I would rather  personally gain the permission myself gain a good relationship with the land owner keep them constantly in the loop of what you are doing and only offer it out to a couple or few people I knew very well & again still make it clear to the landowner who is on there land at any one time & what you are upto! Also a good note if a couple or few people are on a land you have permission on is to give the vehicle reg name & owner to the land holders or start a what's app group  communicate is key! In my opinion it's always best for a land owner to constantly know who is on there land & what condition there land is at ( sending pictures ) always good to get a update when you have acres and acres of land & a 101 jobs to do.

55 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

Some farmers like geese around here at least. They tend to only arrive just after harvest so don't do any damage. Farmers like to see them

Up North / Norfolk the sugar beet tops are left as a food supply for the 1000s of Pinks that turn up each year and without landowners like that we wouldn't have that amount come down these parts each year , this morning when I walked down to the river a cloud of Pinks got off the reserve on the other side of the estuary that must have numbered around 4 / 5000 and they will continue to build up now on a daily basis .

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/10/2021 at 09:17, marsh man said:

Up North / Norfolk the sugar beet tops are left as a food supply for the 1000s of Pinks that turn up each year and without landowners like that we wouldn't have that amount come down these parts each year , this morning when I walked down to the river a cloud of Pinks got off the reserve on the other side of the estuary that must have numbered around 4 / 5000 and they will continue to build up now on a daily basis .

Pls tell me thats the Ouse estuary 🤞

3 minutes ago, Manish said:

Pls tell me thats the Ouse estuary 🤞

I can tell you it was the Ouse estuary ........................................................................................... but sadly I would be lying , it was around the Broadland area in Norfolk , sorry I couldn't bring you the news you wanted to hear :no:

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

I can tell you it was the Ouse estuary ........................................................................................... but sadly I would be lying , it was around the Broadland area in Norfolk , sorry I couldn't bring you the news you wanted to hear :no:

Never mind "they" are coming!!

On 01/11/2021 at 17:06, 6.5x55SE said:

Manish if you are shooting on the Foreshore where you was last season 100% there is plenty of Pinks about. Good luck 🤞

Just need to find a spare day now. I was there a week or so ago and got flown over by them once but were well out of range so left them alone 

On 02/11/2021 at 17:34, Manish said:

Just need to find a spare day now. I was there a week or so ago and got flown over by them once but were well out of range so left them alone 

Even though we have got plenty of geese around our way you still need to be in the right place and at the right time , plus if you can pick when the wind is in the right direction then so much the better .

By going the odd day the chances are stacked against you if you don't know where they head out to in the mornings , from what direction they come back at night , the wind and tide conditions , all these and more need to be taken into account and even then their is nothing to say you are in the right place on the day you go .

Some club members can only go on a Saturday morning or a afternoon and will often go through the season seeing plenty of geese but not putting one in the bag , mind you when they do get one or two they can be more thought of then the ones who seem to get amongst them fairly regular .

In other words , try and spend as much time as possible on the foreshore or surrounding marshes studying how and where the geese move about , or pal up with somebody who is local and can give you up to date information , all you need to do then is to hold your gun straight when you are in the right place and at the right time .    GOOD LUCK     MM