Fury vs Wilder III

chrisjpainter

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

It went the way the thread suggested. Wilder can punch, Fury has the better chin and more heart. 

Wilder down in 3rd, Fury down twice in the 4th, Wilder in 10th and KO'd by Fury in 11th.

Sounds like a fight worth watching. 

37 minutes ago, millrace said:

Just watched most of it.....

Wilder looked out of it and ref/corner let the man take a beating just cause hes a 1 punch trick pony.....will be very surprised if there was no damage done to him.... 

I haven't watched it yet, but that often happens,  and it's the guy with the gloves on that suffers.

You would hope with guys that big more common sense would be used

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant fight and leaves no doubt fury is the better fighter, although that takes nothing from wilder, he's got to be the heaviest hitter ever to walk in the squared circle. 

Let himself down by walking off without congratulating fury. 

I absolutely would not want to see wilder retire, there's plenty of other world class boxers for him to fight. I believe he could mix it with any of them. 

Not sure how many big fights Wilder could get. Stopped in his last two fights and took a real beating on both occasions.

If Usyk beats Joshua, he would after a mega money fight with Fury. If Joshua wins - same again.

He could fight on, but real money fights would out of his reach for some time.

The only fight of any interest was if Joshua got beaten by Usyk and then Wilder and Joshua fought. Battle of the heavy hitters, with limited punch resistance and questionable heart to get into a trench warfare fight.

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

Battle of the heavy hitters, with limited punch resistance and questionable heart to get into a trench warfare fight.

I’ve not seen the fight, but from the radio commentary that comment seems a bit harsh on Wilder. Knocked down to come back and knock the other fella down twice, fighting on instinct for the last 5 rounds and still rocking his opponent.

Wilder got thrashed and can't stop the pathetic excuses, even after being beaten three times by Fury. Now it is a broken hand, even though his own trainer can't say which part of his hand.

I'm sure if he hadn't :-

Delayed coming into the ring.

Picked a lighter outfit.

Picked thinner gloves.

Not broken a hand.

Opted to fight at a heavier weight.

Used different tactics.

He would have definitely won.

The man is in denial.

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Not sure how many big fights Wilder could get. Stopped in his last two fights and took a real beating on both occasions.

If Usyk beats Joshua, he would after a mega money fight with Fury. If Joshua wins - same again.

He could fight on, but real money fights would out of his reach for some time.

The only fight of any interest was if Joshua got beaten by Usyk and then Wilder and Joshua fought. Battle of the heavy hitters, with limited punch resistance and questionable heart to get into a trench warfare fight.

I'm not sure how you've reached the conclusion he should retire? The only person who has ever beaten wilder is the world number 1 tyson fury all 3 fights, but particularly the 1st and 3rd tested fury to the max. I'd say currently wilder is in the top 3, or at a push certainly the top 5 heavyweights in the world, why would you want him to retire, it'd be a very boring division if everyone worse than him quit, it'd leave fury virtually fighting himself 🤣

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I'm not sure how you've reached the conclusion he should retire? The only person who has ever beaten wilder is the world number 1 tyson fury all 3 fights, but particularly the 1st and 3rd tested fury to the max. I'd say currently wilder is in the top 3, or at a push certainly the top 5 heavyweights in the world, why would you want him to retire, it'd be a very boring division if everyone worse than him quit, it'd leave fury virtually fighting himself 🤣

Aye. there are plenty of  decent fights out there. The trouble will be if he loses to Usyk and AJ. then he's just another heavyweight. His technique is hugely flawed and Fury's shown it three times over. Others will take note of that. 

But once a puncher, always a puncher. He'll always have that brutal right. Well for three or four years, anyway...

19 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Aye. there are plenty of  decent fights out there. The trouble will be if he loses to Usyk and AJ. then he's just another heavyweight. His technique is hugely flawed and Fury's shown it three times over. Others will take note of that. 

But once a puncher, always a puncher. He'll always have that brutal right. Well for three or four years, anyway...

Hes such a dangerous boxer, you could see after fury got dropped twice in the third trying to finish him after dropping him in the second, deciding to play the long game and grind him down, it was like trying to catch a wounded tiger, he could have caught him and turned the fight round at any moment if he caught fury with just one shot. 

Very entertaining fighter to watch

Tyson has proved a lot of people wrong over the years Myself included but what a man.

Wilder is a tough cookie with a vicious punch, perhaps the best in the current era, and to take him on three times.

It's a shame he won't get the recognition or accolades he deserves. Because the establishment doesn't like him.

May be some of that is down to him. I have a sneaking suspicion, he doesn't give two hoots.

Over the years I have warmed to Fury and the opposite is the case of Wilder who is on record as stating that he aspired to kill an opponent in the ring. 

I hope Wilder never steps into the ring again but if he does I hope he gets out-boxed and battered - there really is something to be said when Fury completely outclasses an opponent in words and out of ring behaviour.

On 10/10/2021 at 20:37, chrisjpainter said:

I still haven't seen any highlights, just lots of people talking about the fight, both fighters went down but its sounds as though Wilder took a real beating,  Fury came in a lot bigger and had Wilder worked out, Wilder was always looking for the one big punch, I haven't heard anyone say Wilder looked like stopping Fury, just that if he had connected he might have.

23 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

5DF1E997-99E8-4C8D-980C-83D7F82A23FB.jpeg

Awesome. 

Tyson Fury said after the fight that any opponent would have to knock him "spark out" to beat him, because he would always get back up. Given his improvement over the years, I don't see any other heavyweight capable of out boxing him and struggle to see anyone who punches harder than Wilder. He seems to have grown as a person and a boxer.

I wasn't aware of his charity donations and am a bit surprised. Not that he gives to charity, but the size of the donations. I know one of his former sparring partners, who said that there was a far better side to him than his public personae, at that time.

6 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Tyson Fury said after the fight that any opponent would have to knock him "spark out" to beat him, because he would always get back up. Given his improvement over the years, I don't see any other heavyweight capable of out boxing him and struggle to see anyone who punches harder than Wilder. He seems to have grown as a person and a boxer.

I wasn't aware of his charity donations and am a bit surprised. Not that he gives to charity, but the size of the donations. I know one of his former sparring partners, who said that there was a far better side to him than his public personae, at that time.

He does come across as a better person now, although I believe there was a thread on here saying he was waving a gun around like an extra in lock stock so who knows if he is playing up to the cameras or not. I hope that is true about giving away his prize money to charity, but I believe it was asked of him what charity benefited & he declined to answer it, as he didn`t want the attention for it.

I would definitely like to see Fury v Usyk & Fury v Aj etc. There are a few good match ups still to be made & I hope Whyte finally gets his shot too.