Fury vs Wilder III

chrisjpainter

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I would watch any of those fights, but fear the outcome would be predictable. Usyk is the best boxer of the three opponents, but is too small to worry Fury. The other two don't possess Wilder's punch, but have the same chin.

The one thing I would say is the others have more variety, so Fury would have to come up with different answers much more often. 

The game plan to beat Wilder is simple: use the left jab to stop Wilder getting close enough to connect with that big right. And yes it has massive power, but he telegraphs it and has to throw it with the full swing to generate all its ferociousness. If he's too far away or too close, it's so much less of a weapon.

If AJ can turn the fight into a brawl, he has a chance, because he has more power in all his other weapons than Wilder does beyond the right hook. 

I agree about Usyk though, I think Fury's too big and moves too well 

Edited by chrisjpainter

2 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

The one thing I would say is the others have more variety, so Fury would have to come up with different answers much more often. 

The game plan to beat Wilder is simple: use the left jab to stop Wilder getting close enough to connect with that big right. And yes it has massive power, but he telegraphs it and has to throw it with the full swing to generate all its ferociousness. If he's too far away or too close, it's so much less of a weapon.

If AJ can turn the fight into a brawl, he has a chance, because he has more power in all his other weapons than Wilder does beyond the right hook. 

I agree about Usyk though, I think Fury's too big and moves too well 

Ajs biggest weakness is his lack of footwork, he can't hit fury if his feet can't get him into position to be effective quick enough. I believe he'd dispose of aj easier than wilder, but I'd love to see it to find out if I'm right 👍

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

Ajs biggest weakness is his lack of footwork, he can't hit fury if his feet can't get him into position to be effective quick enough. I believe he'd dispose of aj easier than wilder, but I'd love to see it to find out if I'm right 👍

I'd love Aj to just forget the rule book and just punch himself out. If he exhausts himself punching air, so be it, but he ain't going to beat Fury by standing off and looking for that killer blow. It didn't work for AJ against Usyk and it didn't work for Wilder against Fury. 

If he's beaten, so be it, but it'd be exciting to watch!

21 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

I'd love Aj to just forget the rule book and just punch himself out. If he exhausts himself punching air, so be it, but he ain't going to beat Fury by standing off and looking for that killer blow. It didn't work for AJ against Usyk and it didn't work for Wilder against Fury. 

If he's beaten, so be it, but it'd be exciting to watch!

Absolutely, fingers crossed mate 🤞

47 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

AJ would get more credit for giving it a go and getting stopped, rather than another cautious points defeat.

He won't.  He simply doesn't have chin.

I agree with 12guage82, Fury will beat AJ far easier than Wilder.  

TBH I expect Callum Smith's next fight to be far more exciting.  

Well I watched it yesterday,  I watched the second fight where Wilder was simply destroyed, going off that performance he didn't deserve a third fight.

Onto the third fight and I'd say Wilder had one good round, he looked muscle bound and awkward,  from probably the 6th round onwards he looked exhausted,  the difference between the two fighters in their corners was shocking,  Fury was alert and taking instructions while Wilder looked out on his stool.

I thought the fight should have been stopped by the 8th, Wilder kept taking a knee, and I was surprised Fury didn't hit him in that position, a few times Wilder swung, missed and was facing the wrong way.

It seemed they let it continue simply because Wilder might get a lucky punch,  but as the fight went on Fury just got better, his footwork and head movement kept him out of trouble,  I didn't think he needed to grapple as much as he did, but he boxed well on the inside and obviously used his weight to tire Wilder.