Fox hounds and the Anti footage

Dougy

Understanding that it goes on, the most annoying thing for me is knowing the Anti brigade are after ending every field sport and have been for decades why is the shooting of hounds not done behind closed doors. Or are the kennels so behind the times they dont see that they are the target of EVERY anti in the bloody world, their totally thoughtless and stupid. 

Now one more thing the anti's have in their armoury  

Edited by Dougy

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately, in this instance, I never thought I'd say it, but I'm on the antis side. What sort of way is that to treat a dog. It's well known that many hunts break the law, whether we agree with it or not, it is the law and by them doing that they bring problems for shooters through their illegal and idiotic behaviour. 

I hope they get banned outright. Before they wreck all fields sports for all of us. 

I actually just signed their petition.

Out dated sport carried out by a bunch of pompous idiots who will end up ruining it for all of us. Many have absolutely no respect for others land or property and I know of lots of farmers who've had fences ruined, gates left open, livestock scared and been abused by the idiots trespassing. The sooner the laws updated to close the loop holes and the ones who continue are prosecuted, the better. 

18 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Unfortunately, in this instance, I never thought I'd say it, but I'm on the antis side. What sort of way is that to treat a dog. It's well known that many hunts break the law, whether we agree with it or not, it is the law and by them doing that they bring problems for shooters through their illegal and idiotic behaviour. 

I hope they get banned outright. Before they wreck all fields sports for all of us. 

I am with you 100% , I have had dogs all my life, that is no way to end a dogs life . It said one dog they shot  it did not die and 3 minutes  later they had to reshoot it . So sad .

Edited by johnphilip

18 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Bit like all the game keepers and shooters killing hen harriers and all other birds of pray!

6 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

We disagree on fox hunting, I see hunting as part of our heritage and culture but each to their own. 

Remember the hounds are not someone’s pet dogs. They are akin to pigs on a farm. 

I'd say those huntsmen are more akin to pigs on a farm than the fit healthy hounds they shot. 

3 minutes ago, bluesj said:

Bit like all the game keepers and shooters killing hen harriers and all other birds of pray!

Any involved in that and yeah exactly. 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

I’m not sure ‘all’ do it, but it’s not the same at all, as that’s illegal. 

The problem is, what many of these hunts are doing is illegal, they just use loopholes as an excuse to be out on a drag and then break the law killing foxes with packs of hounds. 

11 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

I am with you 100% , I have had dogs all my life, that is no way to end a dogs life . It said one dog they shot  it did not die and 3 minutes  later they had to reshoot it . So sad .

👍

4 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

The problem is, what many of these hunts are doing is illegal, they just use loopholes as an excuse to be out on a drag and then break the law killing foxes with packs of hounds. 

👍

I meant it isn’t illegal to shoot your own dog, as far as I’m aware, but it is illegal to shoot birds of prey. 

Personally I don’t have an issue with putting down animals by shooting.  It does need to be done properly and most old keepers would have taken their old dogs for a last walk.  
min this instance they aren’t possible to re home and so once they can’t cope with a full day they have effectively finished their useful life. 
Though I couldn’t do it I wish I could when the time is right shoot mine as doing it in a wood when the dog knows nothing strikes me as much nicer than going to the vets they hate visiting 

Just now, scolopax said:

I did not realise the filedsports world had gone so soft

we are screwed

I agree, being a kennelman is similar to a slaughterman. It is not for the feint hearted.

Horses are shot at the National, always have been but now grown men cry for them. 

I have been born in the wrong era. I really feel a fish out if water. Asking the guys in my office if they could save a fox or 400-year old oak tree from being killed what would they choose? All chose the fox! 🙈

Just now, al4x said:

Personally I don’t have an issue with putting down animals by shooting.  It does need to be done properly and most old keepers would have taken their old dogs for a last walk.  
min this instance they aren’t possible to re home and so once they can’t cope with a full day they have effectively finished their useful life. 
Though I couldn’t do it I wish I could when the time is right shoot mine as doing it in a wood when the dog knows nothing strikes me as much nicer than going to the vets

Agree 

1 minute ago, al4x said:

Though I couldn’t do it I wish I could when the time is right shoot mine as doing it in a wood when the dog knows nothing strikes me as much nicer than going to the vets they hate visiting 

These weren't old dogs. Read walked ups post, they'll shoot the fastest and slowest dogs. It's so the pack will arrive together when they catch a fox, coupled with a bit of tradition. 

3 minutes ago, al4x said:

This. A mate put one of his old gun dogs down this way last year. I could probably do it for someone elses dog, but not for my own. 

13 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’m not sure ‘all’ do it, but it’s not the same at all, as that’s illegal. 

I would think its very very few but 12gauge82 seems to think all that the antis say is true so he must think all shooters are after birds of pray

Just now, bluesj said:

I would think its very very few but 12gauge82 seems to think all that the antis say is true so he must think all shooters are after birds of pray

Nope, I just call it as it is. You carry on closing your eyes and can stomp and moan all you want when all of our sports get banned due to these idiots. 

6 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

These weren't old dogs. Read walked ups post, they'll shoot the fastest and slowest dogs. It's so the pack will arrive together when they catch a fox, coupled with a bit of tradition. 

Just because he posted it does make it true or even mean he knows what he is talking about!

Just now, bluesj said:

Just because he posted it does make it true or even mean he knows what he is talking about!

I only know this because I was told it on several occasions by my wife’s grandfather, Terence, Master of the Royal Rock pack. 

My wife’s family have always hunted, foxes on horse with fox hounds and hares on foot with beagles. 

My boys would hunt but for the ban, collapse of the Royal Rock, and early death of my father in law. 

I have never been a kennelman or personally run a pack so others may have more knowledge.