Fox hounds and the Anti footage

Dougy

3 minutes ago, bluesj said:

Just because he posted it does make it true or even mean he knows what he is talking about!

True or not (walked ups post is certainly not the first time I've heard of it) they regularly shoot dogs at 5-6 years old. Along with the laws alot of these people flout, its time these loopholes were closed. 

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just looking at the petition, it's already got over 300k signatures and is one of the most popular on change.org. If ever there was something that will bring heat onto all of us, despite shooters and other country sports being overwhelmingly legal and for humane treatment of animals. The behaviour of idiots like that will absolutely be the end of our sport, particularly if we are seen to support them and their outrageous treatment of dogs. 

14 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

True or not (walked ups post is certainly not the first time I've heard of it) they regularly shoot dogs at 5-6 years old. Along with the laws alot of these people flout, its time these loopholes were closed. 

I regularly shoot cows that are 5 or 6 years old! I shot a horse a couple of days ago that was only 3 years old! what does it mean? It means that some times animals need putting down regardless of how old they are.

What loopholes exactly? 

18 minutes ago, bluesj said:

I regularly shoot cows that are 5 or 6 years old! I shot a horse a couple of days ago that was only 3 years old! what does it mean? It means that some times animals need putting down regardless of how old they are.

What loopholes exactly? 

They shoot fit and healthy dogs, dogs that have nothing wrong with them. 

Many use legal drag hunting as a cover to continue hunting foxes with hounds. 

6 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

I've clearly missed something here as not seen anything about this topic anywhere online , not going to search for it as I don't really have an opinion on it.

Reading through this, all I can think of is maybe they could of done what ever they did in a more private setting?

Or maybe they should just behave like the rest of the shooting and hunting community and abide by the law of the land. Wrong doing in private does not make it right and rightly or wrongly, will reflect badly on all of us. 

2 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

I've clearly missed something here as not seen anything about this topic anywhere online , not going to search for it as I don't really have an opinion on it.

Reading through this, all I can think of is maybe they could of done what ever they did in a more private setting?

It was private but the antis trespassed and put cameras up, the video show one hound that could not stand being put down then another that the commentator says was shot once the shot again 3 minutes later but the video shows it was nearer to 3 seconds, If the person was not 100% happy with the first shot he did the right thing. 

7 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Or maybe they should just behave like the rest of the shooting and hunting community and abide by the law of the land. Wrong doing in private does not make it right and rightly or wrongly, will reflect badly on all of us. 

Like I said I've not seen what has been done, only what has been said on here. If what they did was not illegal, then like I say, don't do it in view of anti

8 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

As you seam to think you know the truth I won't waste my time trying to educate you a little.

8 minutes ago, bluesj said:

It was private but the antis trespassed and put cameras up, the video show one hound that could not stand being put down then another that the commentator says was shot once the shot again 3 minutes later but the video shows it was nearer to 3 seconds, If the person was not 100% happy with the first shot he did the right thing. 

Ah so illegally placed camera's filming something that is not illegal? 

And the PW witch hunt begins?

I don't agree with Hunt's who break the law, or people who remove BOP, which has been brought up in this thread. And yes some in our community do us no favours.

Edited by ShootingEgg

1 minute ago, ShootingEgg said:

Like I said I've not seen what has been done, only what has been said on here. If what they did was not illegal, then like I say, don't do it in view of anti

I wouldn't take 12gauge82 take on it as being a true reflection of what is happening or the person doing the commentary. 

3 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Ah so illegally placed camera's filming something that is not illegal? 

And the PW witch hunt begins?

I don't agree with Hunt's who break the law, or people who like BOP, which has been brought up in this thread. And yes some in our community do us no favours.

That about sums it up.

I've known many a lad shoot a dog as a way of putting it down. 

It's blunt but effective. I didn't have the stomach for it myself when my old Lab needed to go, I took her to the vets and sat with her as they give her the injection. 

I wouldn't complain about anyone legally shooting a dog as a way of putting it down, regardless of age or condition. 

These dogs are not fluffy pets designed to sit on the sofa, they are working animals as basically regarded as livestock, the same as many other animals in the countryside. 

As long as the hunt made attempts to ensure they were dispatched quickly and as humanely as possible then I would not condemn them. 
If one was shot and the huntsman unhappy with the shot then the second shot is the right thing to do. 

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

So what exactly was going on then? 

Three hounds where put down thats is what was going on.

The video said that 7000 hounds are put down each year, give or take 200 packs = 35 hounds each of the 3 packs local to me that would be all their hounds gone! Do you think that is very likely?

1 minute ago, bluesj said:

Three hounds where put down thats is what was going on.

The video said that 7000 hounds are put down each year, give or take 200 packs = 35 hounds each of the 3 packs local to me that would be all their hounds gone! Do you think that is very likely?

Put down on health grounds, or did they kill perfectly fit and healthy dogs? 

7 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I've known many a lad shoot a dog as a way of putting it down. 

It's blunt but effective. I didn't have the stomach for it myself when my old Lab needed to go, I took her to the vets and sat with her as they give her the injection. 

I wouldn't complain about anyone legally shooting a dog as a way of putting it down, regardless of age or condition. 

These dogs are not fluffy pets designed to sit on the sofa, they are working animals as basically regarded as livestock, the same as many other animals in the countryside. 

As long as the hunt made attempts to ensure they were dispatched quickly and as humanely as possible then I would not condemn them. 
If one was shot and the huntsman unhappy with the shot then the second shot is the right thing to do. 

Dogs aren't live stock, I couldn't care less about comparisons to other animals. They're simply more than that. 

3 minutes ago, bluesj said:

Well one couldn't stand so you tell me.

I have heard many accounts like walked ups. The fastest and slowest hounds in a pack shot, for doing nothing more than what they are trained to do. 5-6 year old dogs that are completely healthy shot to be replaced by younger dogs. Hunts flouting the law hunting foxes with packs under the guise of drag hunting. Trespassing farmers land, damaging property and abusing land owners when challenged. Deny it all you want but it goes on and every time it does and they're caught, it reflects not only on them, but all of us. The hunts that break the law and what's morely right, deserve every bit of criticism they get and the sooner they get bought to book, the better. The public is absolutely against them and not only do I not agree with what hunts do, but anyone who stands with them will pull shooting down with them. 

1 minute ago, ShootingEgg said:

Not really what this topic is about, although I agree, that is wrong end of.

I'm not saying that particular hunt is involved in it, but I'm not saying its not either, the problem is, the public is absolutely against it and even if they conduct themselves properly. That sort of behaviour does themselves, or us no favours. I'm through with hunts, they'll be the end of all of us and the sooner the legislation is changed to get rid of them. The better it'll be for the shooting community. Just my personal opinion, but that's how I see it. 

3 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I have heard many accounts like walked ups. The fastest and slowest hounds in a pack shot, for doing nothing more than what they are trained to do. 5-6 year old dogs that are completely healthy shot to be replaced by younger dogs. Hunts flouting the law hunting foxes with packs under the guise of drag hunting. Trespassing farmers land, damaging property and abusing land owners when challenged. Deny it all you want but it goes on and every time it does and they're caught, it reflects not only on them, but all of us. The hunts that break the law and what's morely right, deserve every bit of criticism they get and the sooner they get bought to book, the better. The public is absolutely against them and not only do I not agree with what hunts do, but anyone who stands with them will pull shooting down with them. 

If you want to believe hear say carry on but don't complain when others do the same and believe the **** put out by the likes of packham, wild justice and the rspb but perhaps you think they are right and BOP are being killed on all the grouse moors

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

I'm not saying that particular hunt is involved in it, but I'm not saying its not either, the problem is, the public is absolutely against it and even if they conduct themselves properly. That sort of behaviour does themselves, or us no favours. I'm through with hunts, they'll be the end of all of us and the sooner the legislation is changed to get rid of them. The better it'll be for the shooting community. Just my personal opinion, but that's how I see it. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but your not saying that this hunt is breaking any laws but they should be punished anyway?

Just now, bluesj said:

If you want to believe hear say carry on but don't complain when others do the same and believe the **** put out by the likes of packham, wild justice and the rspb but perhaps you think they are right and BOP are being killed on all the grouse moors

Ive seen much of it go on with my own two eyes, I'm not saying its all hunts, but I've seen enough to know its wide spread. 

BOP being targeted and killed is much rarer, but when it occurs, I absolutely call out anyone involved in that to. 

Idiots will destroy our sport if left to carry on, particularly if we're seen to support them.

I am all for keeping our heritage alive but fox hunting with dogs to me is a step too far it does not tick the humane box.

I get that to most on here and I am a member of this club that our dogs are companions and members of the family. But I know members of our syndicate that see them as a tool. They are not mistreated or unloved but they are a tool and when they no longer able to do that job they will be dispatched. I could not do it but if it’s humane I am not about to pass judgment. 

My point is we are getting upset about shooting dogs ( healthy or not ) but a fox is to be hunted down to exhaustion   Is ok.

my point is that most of understand is that are companions or prey deserve the right to be dispatched with minimal suffering Rat, Rabbit, Squirrel, goose, Fox, pheasant, partridge, grouse ! 

3 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Unfortunately, in this instance, I never thought I'd say it, but I'm on the antis side. What sort of way is that to treat a dog. It's well known that many hunts break the law, whether we agree with it or not, it is the law and by them doing that they bring problems for shooters through their illegal and idiotic behaviour. 

I hope they get banned outright. Before they wreck all fields sports for all of us. 

That is cobblers it is all well and good sitting on your high horse but when you lose doing what you love which you will at some point and that is a certainty see how you feel