Dougy

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, clangerman said:

followed hunts and worked my own terriers so you don’t want me posting the reality of killing foxes in this day and age it’s unacceptable simple as that making excuses will see the fire will turn on us burn if you wish to 

Never worked terriers but followed this Hunt.

Used to be a huge village social event and I stand by how quickly a fox can be despatched by a ‘pack’.

Its not pretty, but head shot on a deer isn’t exactly a scene out of Bambi 

29 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Its not pretty, but head shot on a deer isn’t exactly a scene out of Bambi 

Nor are lions killing gazelles in Africa, or crocodiles killing wildebeasts - but the general public will watch that happily commentated by Sir David Attenborough on TV.

Foxes are (as we all know) natural serial killers - killing not just to eat ....... but as many as they can in your hen house, pheasant pen etc.

Domestic pets kill birds, rodents etc. often playing with them.

That's nature for you.  Animals kill, both to eat and as habit. 

Edited by JohnfromUK

Looking at the comments above its just what the antis was - divide and rule. 

I don't hunt and I find rearing pheasants to shoot not really ethical or sustainable but I wont condemn it because I don't like it. 

We should be uniting not becoming more factionalised. 

Is this any worse than the destruction of male calves by parts of the dairy industry?

I find it truly incredible that good old shooting men, who happily shoot deer or breed and nurture pheasants for the sole purpose of shooting them for fun/hobby/sport, call it what you will, feel outraged by someone putting down their own dog with a pistol.

Some posters really have lost touch with reality and as for signing that petition, well I'm dumbstruck.

41 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

I find it truly incredible that good old shooting men, who happily shoot deer or breed and nurture pheasants for the sole purpose of shooting them for fun/hobby/sport, call it what you will, feel outraged by someone putting down their own dog with a pistol.

Some posters really have lost touch with reality and as for signing that petition, well I'm dumbstruck.

Are you really surprised by the comments from some of the twits on this forum? You have been on long enough to have worked them out by now.

On 08/10/2021 at 19:35, 12gauge82 said:

I actually just signed their petition.

Out dated sport carried out by a bunch of pompous idiots who will end up ruining it for all of us. Many have absolutely no respect for others land or property and I know of lots of farmers who've had fences ruined, gates left open, livestock scared and been abused by the idiots trespassing. The sooner the laws updated to close the loop holes and the ones who continue are prosecuted, the better. 

I absolutely agree I'm sat here with my dog I would never treat her like that. 

11 minutes ago, The Heron said:

I absolutely agree I'm sat here with my dog I would never treat her like that. 

That’s because you see your dog as a companion/pet, as opposed to a ‘tool’ or commodity.

Anyone who deals in livestock doesn’t ‘normally’ form a bond with their animals! It’s a different mentality that some find difficult to comprehend. 

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

That’s because you see your dog as a companion/pet, as opposed to a ‘tool’ or commodity.

Anyone who deals in livestock doesn’t ‘normally’ form a bond with their animals! It’s a different mentality that some find difficult to comprehend. 

Dogs stand alone from all other animals on the planet. 

Of all the millions of animals that ever lived or died humans and wolves (later becoming dogs) chose each other. 

Humans and dogs have a bond that goes beyond any other animal and revolves around an understanding between our species, loyalty, playfulness and love. To treat a dog that has given you nothing but loyalty like that is disgusting and I can assure you it is the quickest way to turn the public against us,they are the nations pet, many see them as family. Abuse that bond at your peril. 

13 hours ago, CharlieT said:

This is hitting the nail on the head 

10 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Dogs stand alone from all other animals on the planet. 

Of all the millions of animals that ever lived or died humans and wolves (later becoming dogs) chose each other. 

Humans and dogs have a bond that goes beyond any other animal and revolves around an understanding between our species, loyalty, playfulness and love. To treat a dog that has given you nothing but loyalty like that is disgusting and I can assure you it is the quickest way to turn the public against us,they are the nations pet, many see them as family. Abuse that bond at your peril. 

And yet they are seen a source of food in many other nations without the emotional attachment! Is that wrong? In your eyes of course, but not to them. 

By domestication of any animal, we take away the part in their nature that is their instincts for our own desires- you could argue that how is that not cruel?

Is ‘training’ or ‘obedience’ expectations from you dog, not some form of control and by disallowing their freedoms to do as they please, not some form of cruelty. You are after all, shaping them to your desires and not their own! 

You and others view them as pets and loyal to the bone. 
Yet abandon that animal and allow it to produce, those offspring will show a different demeanour and psyche.

By applying sentience to everything these days then surely it’s only a matter of time before we go all ‘fluffy’ over earth worms and gardening will be banned in case we accidentally ‘spade’ one!

Its a case of ‘Chip Chip Chip’

I've got no problem with what the hunt did, but I've no sympathy for them regarding this media backlash.

They know they're under constant scrutiny, keep certain things inside 4 walls where some donut hiding in a bush can't video you. It's simple logic for self preservation.

We live in a world where we cannot always continue on as we did in the past, hunts need to realise this if they want to survive.

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

This is hitting the nail on the head 

the nail goes more along the lines of game fans making excuses for their hunting chums if a pigeon shooter shot mans best friend on camera just to get rid of him and caused this amount of public outrage everyone on here would be screaming blue murder non stop 

10 minutes ago, clangerman said:

the nail goes more along the lines of game fans making excuses for their hunting chums if a pigeon shooter shot mans best friend on camera just to get rid of him and caused this amount of public outrage everyone on here would be screaming blue murder non stop 

No they wouldn’t. Read some previous comments about people’s desires.

Its wasn’t filmed at their request to be freely distributed, same as if someone wished to euthanise their own animal in this way and ‘unwashy’ was hiding in the bushes. 

Would you prefer it if they had used a captive bolt? If not, why not? It’s acceptable for all other forms of slaughter, or are you one of the millions that are in denial as to how things arrive nicely presented on your plate?

Were on pigeon watch, predominately formed for the purpose of bringing pigeon shooters together. Bet there are many films of ‘days out’ with flapping birds on the floor that haven’t garnered the same responses.

Read some comments on the MSM. Few asking the Police to be involved as the culprits were ‘using a pistol which is illegal’ and they should be arrested immediately. Shows a total misunderstanding of laws of this land. 

WOW I see hypocrisy is alive and kicking on this thread, not sure how anyone can criticise the shooting when they do exactly the same thing to other creatures??   I realise this was a dog and mans best friend but those particular dogs are not pets.  As for having a go at other field sports, as soon as one gets banned then all the antis move on to the next sport then the next and so on until all we have left is catapults in the garden, if you don’t like it fair enough but don’t go public about it

Just now, Mossy410 said:

WOW I see hypocrisy is alive and kicking on this thread, not sure how anyone can criticise the shooting when they do exactly the same thing to other creatures??   I realise this was a dog and mans best friend but those particular dogs are not pets.  As for having a go at other field sports, as soon as one gets banned then all the antis move on to the next sport then the next and so on until all we have left is catapults in the garden, if you don’t like it fair enough but don’t go public about it

👍

Just now, clangerman said:

What is the difference between one animal to another one is to some a member of the family to others a working tool i see lot on here haven't been in the real world when it comes to some of the practices that take place in shooting or  hunting no difference to shooting pheasant's shouting leg down never mind he will die later or mans best friend going and grab him still alive so you can stretch its neck i am sure them dogs didn't feel what that pheasant  felt you don't need Packman to bring us down we  doing a good job ourselfs infighting 

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

And yet they are seen a source of food in many other nations without the emotional attachment! Is that wrong? In your eyes of course, but not to them. 

By domestication of any animal, we take away the part in their nature that is their instincts for our own desires- you could argue that how is that not cruel?

Is ‘training’ or ‘obedience’ expectations from you dog, not some form of control and by disallowing their freedoms to do as they please, not some form of cruelty. You are after all, shaping them to your desires and not their own! 

You and others view them as pets and loyal to the bone. 
Yet abandon that animal and allow it to produce, those offspring will show a different demeanour and psyche.

By applying sentience to everything these days then surely it’s only a matter of time before we go all ‘fluffy’ over earth worms and gardening will be banned in case we accidentally ‘spade’ one!

Its a case of ‘Chip Chip Chip’

But this isn't another country its the UK. 

Dogs are no longer a wild animal domesticated, they are a species in their own right, that has evolved to live alongside man and be out hunting partners and friends. That's what sets them apart from every other animal on the planet. 

Abandone a dog as you say and I can assure you it's offspring are very likely to be much like the parents, like I said above, dogs are not wild animals, they are unique in the animal world, I've studied all this. 

The only thing that will chip at our rights, is idiots abusing man's best friend, its why there's well over 300k signatures on there petition and rising fast, one of the most popular on change.org there's no surer way to bring the publics wrath. 

24 minutes ago, Mossy410 said:

Well said.

6 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

The only thing that will chip at our rights, is idiots abusing man's best friend, its why there's well over 300k signatures on there petition and rising fast, one of the most popular on change.org there's no surer way to bring the publics wrath

Like others have said, fox hounds aren't pets, they are allowed to roam as pups until the hunt collects them, they then do a job.

I can understand the publics opinion on this, because they generally have no idea what goes on with farming in general.

putting aside you owe any animal including foxes a debt to use the most humane effective method to dispatch  if your a real sportsman any working dog has earned the right to receive more than his brains blown out in return for his efforts and tossed aside like rubbish condone needless animal cruelty if you wish I will be signing the petition for those who can’t protect their self from their so called best friends and proud of doing so 

11 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Well said.

Like others have said, fox hounds aren't pets, they are allowed to roam as pups until the hunt collects them, they then do a job.

I can understand the publics opinion on this, because they generally have no idea what goes on with farming in general.

You miss the point I'm trying to make. Dogs have evolved separately from wolves for 10s of thousands of years, we don't choose if they are a working tool or not, they have evolved to be more than that.

Anyone who uses a dog purely as a tool to be used and deposed of, neglects that ancestry and fails to understand what dogs truly are.

They're not livestock, they're man's best friend. People on this thread who say they're no different to any other animal are wrong, biologically we could argue neither are humans, but I'm sure I don't need to spell out why we don't hunt or kill each other. 

If we or anyone else mistreat the bond that should exist between people and man's best friend, the public will absolutely come after us and destroy us and I say rightly so. 

28 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

The only thing that will chip at our rights, is idiots abusing man's best friend, its why there's well over 300k signatures on there petition and rising fast, one of the most popular on change.org there's no surer way to bring the publics wrath. 

Change.org

Its not in the top ten of either ‘Featured’ ‘Popular’ and makes numer 9 in ‘Recent’ and this is the listing

https://www.change.org/p/uk-parliament-ban-the-inhumane-killing-of-hunt-dogs-in-the-u-k?source_location=petitions_browse

2 minutes ago, clangerman said:

putting aside you owe any animal including foxes a debt to use the most humane effective method to dispatch  if your a real sportsman any working dog has earned the right to receive more than his brains blown out in return for his efforts and tossed aside like rubbish condone needless animal cruelty if you wish I will be signing the petition for those who can’t protect their self from their so called best friends and proud of doing so 

+1 I did the same earlier 

2 minutes ago, clangerman said:

But did you not say you worked Terriers for year on Rats? Maybe you should go campaign for Insulate Britain with that sort of hypocrisy? 

Just now, Jaymo said:

Change.org

Its not in the top ten of either ‘Featured’ ‘Popular’ and makes numer 9 in ‘Recent’ and this is the listing

https://www.change.org/p/uk-parliament-ban-the-inhumane-killing-of-hunt-dogs-in-the-u-k?source_location=petitions_browse

It's 

1 minute ago, Jaymo said:

Change.org

That's not the main one