Fox hounds and the Anti footage

Dougy

Why on earth dont these people ever thing about their actions, they could then have avoided what has to be one of the biggest nails the anti followers have been handed to bang into the coffin. 

And please dont chuck back about me not understanding the hunt and its goings on, its got B all to do with that, its about trying to be discrete, not drawing attention to actions that many disapprove of. 

Or had they no idea that hunting is rather a hot topic with the anti's ???

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Why on earth dont these people ever thing about their actions, they could then have avoided what has to be one of the biggest nails the anti followers have been handed to bang into the coffin. 

And please dont chuck back about me not understanding the hunt and its goings on, its got B all to do with that, its about trying to be discrete, not drawing attention to actions that many disapprove of. 

This is spot on. If I take out the bit where I disagree with the way many hunts act and set my feelings on that aside. The other half of this debate is explained by your post. 

The way the hunt has acted will bring heat on all of us because all the rabid antis need do, is show the public there actions and say that the hunts AND shooting/filedsports community behave like this and the public will turn on us.

Many on this forum are annoyed at my posts and I get why, what I think they're missing however is it is the hunts that have not only bought this situation on their own heads, but also risking our sport though their reckless behaviour as well. 

Edited by 12gauge82

20 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Or had they no idea that hunting is rather a hot topic with the anti's

Spot on here doughy, why on earth would a pw member draw heat on this???

2 hours ago, CharlieT said:

The RSPCA does indeed put down dogs they can't find homes for. The latest figure I read was over 7000 a year. 

Perhaps 1282 should offer them his magic wand, or is it that the RSPCA is more realistic in that putting them down is the kindest thing to do.

Wow! I had no idea it was that many! Almost 20 a day! 

32 minutes ago, Dougy said:

I totally agree with the comments about being discreet, especially in the face of how much we know regarding the lengths antis will go to stir up emotion. But people seem to be forgetting that the hunt ( I’m assuming ) were on their own property, or at least property on which they had permission to be on, and that the cameras on which this footage was filmed, was placed there by means of trespass. Is this correct? 
The RSPCA ( I’m assuming again ) destroy dogs much more discreetly as they are well aware of public reaction to dogs being destroyed. 
All the hunt is guilty of as far as I can make out, is a lack of forethought. 
We’re in a sad old state of affairs if we’re not allowed to act within the law on our own property without having to take precautions against covert cameras. 

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

I'm guessing - but it may have been a very long lens used from 'off the property'.  As used by the paparazzi, long lenses are widely available.  Not illegal, but underhand, unpleasant and hard to detect.  

Thanks. I must admit I know nothing about the case whatsoever, and simply responding to posts in the thread. 

4 minutes ago, Scully said:

Thanks. I must admit I know nothing about the case whatsoever, and simply responding to posts in the thread. 

Take from the ITV news channel.............

Secret cameras have recorded huntsmen shooting and killing hounds that had been used for hunting.

The pictures, filmed by anti-hunting groups the Hunt Investigation Team and Keep the Ban and shared exclusively with ITV News, is the first time footage of a hunt shooting its hounds has been shown publicly.

Hounds can be killed for several reasons including being too old to hunt, or if they get ill or injured. The practice is not illegal.

The pictures were taken at the kennels of the Duke of Beaufort's Hunt in Badminton, Gloucestershire. The Duke of Beaufort's Hunt told ITV News that its hounds are "humanely euthanised" if they cannot be rehomed. It added that the majority of hounds are "unsuitable for rehoming" because "they are not house-trained and have only ever been used to living in a pack environment".

The secret footage, recorded over several periods between April and September, shows four separate examples of hounds being shot:

• In two cases, a huntsman is seen putting a gun to the head of the hound and killing it.

• In another, the hound appears to be unwell and is carried onto the grass by the hunt staff before being shot.

3 hours ago, johnphilip said:

honestly  belive a vast percentage  of our population  are not bothered either way

Absolutely,  most know nothing about shooting or hunting and don't want to know, this is why the antis go out of there way to illegally film things they know will upset the public who can easily click their mouse or phone a few times while having a brew.

43 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Already enough heat on it, nothing we post on here will get it any hotter. 

That is true no one gives a hoot what is said on here. Fact is hunting/shooting will never win any majority votes. But the big organizations that have a bit of money behind them are the only hope. But by and large even they just roll over with every thing is stead of going on the offensive and clawing things back. The poor old lurcher folks get thrown under the bus every time as well. The good old waterloo cup was incredible sport absolute poetry in motion. Just a sin it was stopped.
Heritage down the pan to pacify a bunch of carrot nibblers

000062a9_big.jpeg.0651aeed0b2a7ff74e63f419e9abe00f.jpeg

36 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

I would imagine you, a keen shooting man with regrettably no knowledge whatsoever of other field sports, except for hear say gobbledygook, decrying the perfectly legal and humane actions of another.

Apart from the fact most of that is incorrect. What is going to bring heat on us, is actions like those caught on tape. The poor behaviour displayed by some hunts and people from the shooting community if they try to justify it rather than call it out. It certainly won't be me discussing it with fellow shooters on here. 

4 hours ago, CharlieT said:

Take from the ITV news channel.............

Secret cameras have recorded huntsmen shooting and killing hounds that had been used for hunting.

The pictures, filmed by anti-hunting groups the Hunt Investigation Team and Keep the Ban and shared exclusively with ITV News, is the first time footage of a hunt shooting its hounds has been shown publicly.

Hounds can be killed for several reasons including being too old to hunt, or if they get ill or injured. The practice is not illegal.

The pictures were taken at the kennels of the Duke of Beaufort's Hunt in Badminton, Gloucestershire. The Duke of Beaufort's Hunt told ITV News that its hounds are "humanely euthanised" if they cannot be rehomed. It added that the majority of hounds are "unsuitable for rehoming" because "they are not house-trained and have only ever been used to living in a pack environment".

The secret footage, recorded over several periods between April and September, shows four separate examples of hounds being shot:

• In two cases, a huntsman is seen putting a gun to the head of the hound and killing it.

• In another, the hound appears to be unwell and is carried onto the grass by the hunt staff before being shot.

Thanks for that. 
Four hounds shot between April and September. Not a patch on the RSPCA ‘s death toll. Maybe the spokesman should have pointed this out? 

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

Apart from the fact most of that is incorrect. What is going to bring heat on us, is actions like those caught on tape. The poor behaviour displayed by some hunts and people from the shooting community if they try to justify it rather than call it out. It certainly won't be me discussing it with fellow shooters on here. 

Well dont then. !

12 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

If only they dared!   NB

As far as I am aware, the last time the rspca released the figures on the number of dogs they euthanized, it was something in the region of 50%, they stopped releasing the figures due to the uproar, although that might have changed now due to freedom of information ect. 

Absolutely disgusting anyway. 

47 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Absolutely disgusting anyway

What's disgusting? That they stopped releasing the figures or that they put down so many dogs?

I love dogs, always have but I really don't see why the various charities or dog homes, and cats keep them kennelled for so long, look at the begging adverts asking for money to look after them,  many dogs will be re homed multiple times.

Despite all the dogs wanting to be rehomed people still buy puppies and the cycle goes round again , it would be far kinder to put down most of these dogs if they haven't been rehomed after a few weeks as harsh as it seems.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

What's disgusting? That they stopped releasing the figures or that they put down so many dogs?

I love dogs, always have but I really don't see why the various charities or dog homes, and cats keep them kennelled for so long, look at the begging adverts asking for money to look after them,  many dogs will be re homed multiple times.

Despite all the dogs wanting to be rehomed people still buy puppies and the cycle goes round again , it would be far kinder to put down most of these dogs if they haven't been rehomed after a few weeks as harsh as it seems.

That people buy these dogs and then get rid of them. Then the rspca cover up the numbers they are killing. 

We would be in a much better position in this country if the only option to get rid of a dog you have bought was to shoot it in the head yourself. At least the hunt are responsible dog owners, not passing on problems for other people to sort out.

I have dipped in and out of this thread because I genuinely find the hysteria and hypocrisy quite perplexing. I am not judging people for those views, or wishing to convert them, but just fail to comprehend how they hold such competing beliefs. 

1 minute ago, WalkedUp said:

We would be in a much better position in this country if the only option to get rid of a dog you have bought was to shoot it in the head yourself. At least the hunt are responsible dog owners, not passing on problems for other people to sort out.

I have dipped in and out of this thread because I genuinely find the hysteria and hypocrisy quite perplexing. I am not judging people for those views, or wishing to convert them, but just fail to comprehend how they hold such competing beliefs. 

I'll agree with the first sentence. 

But the next bit about the hunt not passing on its problems is ridiculous. They breed hounds and then shoot them when they get to 5 or 6. They're causing the problem and rather than find them homes, they execute them. Absolutely disgusting.