cabinets,no keys

pigeonbasher1

3 minutes ago, pigeonbasher1 said:

not a sales thread, more of advice wanted please, just acquired two gun cabinets, locked but no ke be a ralistick price to get them unlocked, will they sell as they are? thanks

Try drilling direct into the lock to remove or disable it. Once open just replace the locks.

Not an easy task though.

A good, traditional, locksmith such as Morgan's in Leicester would do this service. The true cost is their time and travel. So anything you can do to reduce that input will reduce your cost. Thus the best way is to actually deliver the cabinets to the locksmith then at least there are no travel costs incurred by the locksmith.

If you were keeping them, I would drill the locks out or use an angle grinder to cut into the locks to gain access and then weld up the slots after.

The cost of locks and gaining access would be a large chunk of their resale value. I would try advertising them as they are. For a DIY person they could well be a decent buy.

9 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

A good, traditional, locksmith such as Morgan's in Leicester would do this service. The true cost is their time and travel. So anything you can do to reduce that input will reduce your cost. Thus the best way is to actually deliver the cabinets to the locksmith then at least there are no travel costs incurred by the locksmith.

Very true. 
When I lost my keys about 25 years ago I was charged £150 by a locksmith to come out and drill in the exact right spot for the type of lock. He selected the appropriate template and taped it over the lock. It was necessary to use a carbide tipped drill as the cabinet has a hardened plate covering the internals. One 8mm hole was all that was necessary.