Channel Migrants

ditchman

It seems quite logical to me that a few successful 'stops' on french beaches will cause the migrants to stop gathering in northern France seeking a boat ride to England. It has to be in their interest to put a stop to it.... unless of course its all deliberate EU skulduggery to make life difficult for UK - which I personally suspect is the case.

Withholding the payment/bribe/ransom to France until they earn it is of course the proper way to do the job, seems Priti and Boris might have some balls after all.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The theory is that once they are processed, all those that cannot prove they are genuine refugees (I don't know the criteria), are sent back to their country of birth .
The problem seems to be that its hard to prove where they come from, as they all appear to come from worn torn countries, which I suspect is the refugee angle.
Also, some countries will not take them back, I believe this is the case with some proven criminals being deported. 

Last week Priti issued threats against countries refusing to take back illegal immigrants and deportees (I bet they are scared stiff 🙄  ) . Priti Patel could suspend visas from countries that refuse to take back illegal migrants (telegraph.co.uk)

Edited by Cranfield

2 hours ago, Dave-G said:

It seems quite logical to me that a few successful 'stops' on french beaches will cause the migrants to stop gathering in northern France seeking a boat ride to England. It has to be in their interest to put a stop to it.... unless of course its all deliberate EU skulduggery to make life difficult for UK - which I personally suspect is the case.

Withholding the payment/bribe/ransom to France until they earn it is of course the proper way to do the job, seems Priti and Boris might have some balls after all.

The French genuinely believe its totally our own fault and they have very little sympathy when we get annoyed. Their view (with some justification) is we are making a rod for our own back by being so accomodating towards the migrants. 

The French give them absolutely nothing, treat them like they are invisible. The migrants live in makeshift tents in filthy illegal squatter camps and rely on charities like the Red Cross to feed them.

Once they cross the channel and they are living in hotels and given prepaid debit cards to buy food

I think the French have a point  

If we didn't give them all the handouts, would they want to come here?

Edited by Vince Green

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

The French genuinely believe its totally our own fault and they have very little sympathy when we get annoyed. Their view (with some justification) is we are making a rod for our own back by being so accomodating towards the migrants. 

The French give them absolutely nothing, treat them like they are invisible. The migrants live in makeshift tents in filthy illegal squatter camps and rely on charities like the Red Cross to feed them.

Once they cross the channel and they are living in hotels and given prepaid debit cards to buy food

I think the French have a point  

If we didn't give them all the handouts, would they want to come here?

Fair points - I'll settle for both sides not trying hard enough to stop them - perhaps each for nefarious reasons.

Edited by Dave-G

2 hours ago, old man said:

Another load of useless garbage from Ms Prattle?

I suspect most coming in have destroyed any links to their origin any way, so how to achieve any return? 

Israel has a way of dealing with illegal migrants who have no paperwork. They ship them straight out to two un named African nations (somewhere like Namibia) with whom they have an agreement to take them. Of course they are paying this country to take the migrants but its so much cheaper. Most important, it is a huge deterrent.

Israel is geographically very close to many countries that traditionally "export" migrants. So they are potentially a soft target and they do take in a lot of genuine cases.

But their approach is (as you would expect) very business like 

No paperwork? how can you say you were being persecuted in xyz if we don't even know you have come from there?

It works, genuine refugees turn up with bundles of paperwork because they know its their only chance of being let in.

Already they have established they are genuine and are processed accordingly.

The chancers and fakes don't last 48 hours before they are on a military jet to some un named African country

Now here is the crunch, before they are released off the plane they are given equivilent of £200 towards their travel costs back to their home country.

£200 is more than several years income in most African countries. To be walking out of an airport in sub Sahara Africa with £200 in your pocket is a death sentence. You would have the life expectancy of a mayfly.

Everyone would know who you are, and what you are carrying

do you want to be that person? 

Edited by Vince Green

50 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Israel has a way of dealing with illegal migrants who have no paperwork. They ship them straight out to two un named African nations (somewhere like Namibia) with whom they have an agreement to take them. Of course they are paying this country to take the migrants but its so much cheaper. Most important, it is a huge deterrent.

Israel is geographically very close to many countries that traditionally "export" migrants. So they are potentially a soft target and they do take in a lot of genuine cases.

No paperwork? how can you say you were being persecuted in xyz if we don't even know you have come from there?

It works, genuine refugees turn up with bundles of paperwork because they know its their only chance of being let in.

The chancers and fakes don't last 48 hours before they are on a military jet to some un named African country

Now here is the crunch, before they are released off the plane they are given equivilent of £200 towards their travel costs back to their home country.

£200 is more than several years income in most African countries. To be walking out of an airport in sub Sahara Africa with £200 in your pocket is a death sentence. You would have the life expectancy of a mayfly.

Sounds like a good way to deal with these illegal economic migrants.

Edited by Newbie to this

21 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I wondered why she walked with a funny gait.

1 hour ago, kamyonsofor said:

The easiest solution is with the so called Global warming   sea temperature rising so they say , get the Aussies to send some Great whites across along with some Tiger sharks that should deter them from their boat jaunts.

Now that I like, what a cracking deterrent!  :good:

Would be self sustaining until the Illegal Economic Migrants stopped coming.

17 hours ago, Vince Green said:

do you want to be that person? 

Why should our politicos not have a better way though? Brains and common sense seem as common as rocking horse droppings?

You know somethings wrong, when you have supposed refugees landing with allegedly nothing but the shirt on their back from some war torn hell hole. But how did they pay the £5000 fee to cross the Channel, how did they cross the Med, why do they have an international roaming smart phone with Internet? 

If they have 'fled' their homelands, where are their families, wives, children, who's looking after them in the ruins of their country? 

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

You know somethings wrong, when you have supposed refugees landing with allegedly nothing but the shirt on their back from some war torn hell hole. But how did they pay the £5000 fee to cross the Channel, how did they cross the Med, why do they have an international roaming smart phone with Internet? 

If they have 'fled' their homelands, where are their families, wives, children, who's looking after them in the ruins of their country? 

It is now far too late to shut the stable door. I am more than glad I am this end of my life and I feel for those British youngsters under twenty.  By the time they reach my age this country will be an absolute cesspit.

3 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

It is now far too late to shut the stable door. I am more than glad I am this end of my life and I feel for those British youngsters under twenty.  By the time they reach my age this country will be an absolute cesspit.

go and ambush some american immergrant squirrels...............you will feel alot better.............:good:

On 17/10/2021 at 10:22, Walker570 said:

100% .... they can't possibley blame it on Brexit so the next up is Climate Change.  The world is being polluted by human beings, it is the elephant in the room that nobody wants to admit or do anyhting about.  Need another world war although another Covid germ might help.

When i was15 years of age i knew even at that age that our planet needed cosseting, but everyone and his uncle must have their own little images to satisfy their existence. If you have had more than 2 kids you are a big part of the problem. Every single problem that humanity has is directly a result of overpopulation but as someon on here said earlier it is one massive elephant in the room......

From Auntie. 

20 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

When i was15 years of age i knew even at that age that our planet needed cosseting, but everyone and his uncle must have their own little images to satisfy their existence. If you have had more than 2 kids you are a big part of the problem. Every single problem that humanity has is directly a result of overpopulation but as someon on here said earlier it is one massive elephant in the room......

From Auntie. 

For so many people in the third world a big family is wealth and security. Their only protection against getting old or getting ill. In the absence of any sort of social care or health care thats all they have

Its going to take generations to alter that perception, if you ever could

• 3 weeks later...

456 migrants landed yesterday....(2nd nov)

in excess of 800 today (3rd nov)

companies in Turkey are reported to be making a new generation of inflatables that will carry 200 persons 

severe shortage of 40hp outboards as supplied by south africa....so now they are starting to use 30hp outboards

i know it sounds a bit too simple but why cant these manufacturers and suppliers be stamped on eh ?

7 hours ago, ditchman said:

456 migrants landed yesterday....(2nd nov)

in excess of 800 today (3rd nov)

companies in Turkey are reported to be making a new generation of inflatables that will carry 200 persons 

severe shortage of 40hp outboards as supplied by south africa....so now they are starting to use 30hp outboards

i know it sounds a bit too simple but why cant these manufacturers and suppliers be stamped on eh ?

This is utter madness, all over the news about housing shortages and house prices being inflated due to demand, this year alone we've had over 20k land here without a single deportation, they're all housed somewhere, just where will it end.