Channel Migrants

ditchman

22 hours ago, johnphilip said:

22 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Remembrance  Sunday tomorrow  , and what was said after the first World War 

" do we realy belive that this war would end wars " 

Young men answered the call , these boat people are running away from it . Not fighting for what they once owned. 

A simplistic view.

Our forces had arms, they were fighting elsewhere and not in their own towns and cities. They weren't fighting their oppressive government or facing oppression in facets of their personal lives. What would you do if you were in their place?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, henry d said:

Not strictly true, their wife can apply after they have been a UK citizen for 5 years, but must also pass other criteria such as having a certain level of English language. They also have to pay for visas etc costing a minimum of £8k to 15k if they have a child.

Tell us this, how many of the over 22 thousand illegal immigrants that have landed on uk shores via dingy this year have been sent back? 

I'll answer as I know you won't!

ZERO!

ABSOLUTELY NONE! 

Yo t

To try to send them back to France is probably a no no?

They don't want them? Probably breeches lots of International laws anyway?

The solution to to close our end down financially and remove the attraction except for the few that enter and apply as the regulations state?

That and put our Herefords and SAS out into the field

To try to send them back to France is a no on

7 hours ago, henry d said:

A simplistic view.

Our forces had arms, they were fighting elsewhere and not in their own towns and cities. They weren't fighting their oppressive government or facing oppression in facets of their personal lives. What would you do if you were in their place?

What are you saying henry. That our brave soldiers would have run away if the UK had been invaded, because if you are your talking utter nonsense. 

8 hours ago, henry d said:

A simplistic view.

Not a simplistic  view as you call it , our soldiers  were not heavily  armed in the first world war . Infact  they were cannon fodder , very under armed.  They went to a foreign  land to prevent our shores been invaded , we also had many trained up here to defend  our land , to cause havoc  should our enemy  arrive here .

As has been said so many times those now coming here are young males . They don't look as though they are starving . It's all organised  the way they are getting here  . You nor I know  there true reason  for coming here . But I do know its not for the good of this country , they have not come here to find work .

You ask what would I have done , I would have done , what I did do . They are cowards , looking for an easy  life . I have no time for them , I put my own country  first , and would do it again.

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

...our soldiers  were not heavily  armed in the first world war . Infact  they were cannon fodder , very under armed.  They went to a foreign  land to prevent our shores been invaded...

If they were not heavily armed and were cannon fodder how come the Germans never made it here.

It's moot anyway, you are comparing apples and oranges full stop.

33 minutes ago, henry d said:

If they were not heavily armed and were cannon fodder how come the Germans never made it here.

You have a moot point. 

The point is we have vast numbers of illegal immigrants turning up on our shores and it needs to be stopped immediately. Only genuine and vetted refugees should be allowed entry. 

1 hour ago, henry d said:

They never made it her because  we stopped them , we are not doing it today that is the big problem  . Then we knew who our enemy  was . Now we don't.  And that is a big problem. 

4 minutes ago, redial said:

What happens to those without  paperwork. They he or she could be absolutely anything i.e. Would be assassins, criminals, untreated mentality insane and dangerous.

Worst of all (tongue in cheek) future Labour supporters. 

They are treated as stateless and cannot be returned should their application for asylum be rejected, this is well known and why most do not have any paperwork.
You will see on tv programes with immigration officers trying to find the persons passport, with it the person can be deported, without it where do you deport someone?

5 hours ago, welsh1 said:

They are treated as stateless and cannot be returned should their application for asylum be rejected, this is well known and why most do not have any paperwork.
You will see on tv programes with immigration officers trying to find the persons passport, with it the person can be deported, without it where do you deport someone?

To your furthest friendly state that will take them, for a price of course.

1 hour ago, Robden said:

Global warming making the seas around Britain rise?......My bottom!    Britain is sinking due to all the extra weight. 🙂

Sometimes I'm glad I'm old.  I don't think Britain will be a very nice place, in the not too distance futre.

Good post, and while most of us were asleep how many more came over ??

10 hours ago, welsh1 said:

without it where do you deport someone?

Do what Israel does and send them to a third country that is paid to take them. The thing is, as soon as Israel started doing this the paperwork stopped going missing.

But realistically, how could you send people back to places like Afghanistan at the moment? Even if they had passports?

1 hour ago, Pushandpull said:

Centrepin, what have Labour got to do with it ?  If immigrants all vote Labour then surely the Tories would be doing their best to stop them ? And that's not the current Labour front bench.

It goes back to the Blair Brown years and their open door immigration policy. It is documented that they did it to boost the pool of Labour voters. They recognised that they were losing core voters in their traditional heartlands because they were seen as dour and unappealing.

Its also the reason Gordon Brown introduced so many extra benefits to bribe the voters