ditchman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

It's simple, send them drop them straight back, we're an island, it really isn't that hard, Australia has already proved this. 

Ah but they have Donk and Croc? 

19 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Anybody gullible enough to think Gendarmes don't see dinghies being transported or carried to a beach is living in cloud cuckoo land. Its so obvious to them not wearing blinkers that the French are not only turning a blind eye but very likely in deep deep collusion with so called smugglers.

How very dare you Dave?

On 11/12/2021 at 21:23, Dave-G said:

Anybody gullible enough to think Gendarmes don't see dinghies being transported or carried to a beach is living in cloud cuckoo land. Its so obvious to them not wearing blinkers that the French are not only turning a blind eye but very likely in deep deep collusion with so called smugglers.

Hello, have to agree here, there all coming across EU countries , maybe it's a punishment for us leaving the EU by Macron and his friends in Brussels, 

The French are weaponising the migrants crossing the Channel just as Belarus is doing on the Polish border.

It would be a good plan to house them on the Falklands until their asylum claims are processed (rejected?) with no free legal aid

They can be kept busy building fortifications and infrastructure in case the Argentinians try to invade again

5 hours ago, fern01 said:

The French are weaponising the migrants crossing the Channel just as Belarus is doing on the Polish border.

It would be a good plan to house them on the Falklands until their asylum claims are processed (rejected?) with no free legal aid

They can be kept busy building fortifications and infrastructure in case the Argentinians try to invade again

Do you know how much a flight is to the Falklands???

15 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, have to agree here, there all coming across EU countries , maybe it's a punishment for us leaving the EU by Macron and his friends in Brussels, 

Correct IMPO, we have also over the years allowed lobbyists behind closed doors to manipulate our laws and systems to a point that a situation of absolute stalemate now occurs over everything relating to everything. Lawyer paradise at public expense, destroyed from within on a whim?

23 minutes ago, ditchman said:

are the migrants still crossing ...or is it the end of the migration season

14 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Surely that is weather dependant? 

Well, I ate my lunch in a lay-by overlooking the port of Dover today and the channel looked great for any crossings, but,,,, the amount of tankers and ferries must make the dinghy occupiers extremely worried for their lives !!!

2 minutes ago, JKD said:

Well, I ate my lunch in a lay-by overlooking the port of Dover today and the channel looked great for any crossings, but,,,, the amount of tankers and ferries must make the dinghy occupiers extremely worried for their lives !!!

dont fret international rescue and the RNLI will be there to save them...keep the donations coming please

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

dont fret international rescue and the RNLI will be there to save them...keep the donations coming please

Trust me, I'm not fretting !!! I'm amazed there aren't many more 'inflatable mishaps' 🤔

Personally I'd feel safer trying to cross the M25 😮 

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Do you realise what it costs for one migrant in the uk, the cost of a flight would pale into insignificance very quickly. 

someone told me...i cant confirm it..maybe someone else can...that one migrant costs this country £58,000 /year....i was staggered,,,but when you add up ...housing ...interperators..health & social security...and all the other bits they can claim for.....it rings a bit of truth.....

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

someone told me...i cant confirm it..maybe someone else can...that one migrant costs this country £58,000 /year....i was staggered,,,but when you add up ...housing ...interperators..health & social security...and all the other bits they can claim for.....it rings a bit of truth.....

I bet its more when you add in unmeasured costs like school places, house price increases, crime, terrorism, ect

It's mind boggling really. 

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

Go on then, get back to them to clarify.

Then have a look at our own less fortunate souls, I would think that all you have listed minus the interpreter (not all need them but we will by pass that for the moment) and the difference between the amount that they can get compared to UK citizens. 

Or you can just Google it...

The average cost of accommodating an asylum seeker is £560 a month, plus a weekly allowance of £39.63 for food and other costs, for an average monthly bill of £731.73 per asylum seeker.

Or if you want me to do the maths for you; £8780.76 pa.

It rings alright

13 minutes ago, henry d said:

This is a very simplistic calculation and takes into account no real life costs. As an example, who processes all the associated paperwork (NHS, dr, dentist, school places, asylum application, housing, etc. etc.) and do they all do it for free?

Just because it’s on Google doesn’t make it true. 🤪

On 11/12/2021 at 21:27, bostonmick said:

News coming through it seems that the french fishing boats have all been granted licenses now after the british authorities pulled out all the stops to help.in other words bent over and asked macron how deep would he like to go.

Blimey - prices must have plummeted - four star hotel accommodation averaging £560 a month.

Edited by Dave-G
Previous post content carried over for some reason.

1 hour ago, henry d said:

It rings alright

Okaaaay... 

You can accomodate, feed and clothe someone every yearfor that?

Not to mention health care, legal bills for the application, education and translation. 

God forbid they have ptsd or any disabilities, as that care would cost more than £8 k on its own. 

I think someone's plucking figures out the air. 

6 hours ago, henry d said:

Go on then, get back to them to clarify.

Then have a look at our own less fortunate souls, I would think that all you have listed minus the interpreter (not all need them but we will by pass that for the moment) and the difference between the amount that they can get compared to UK citizens. 

Or you can just Google it...

The average cost of accommodating an asylum seeker is £560 a month, plus a weekly allowance of £39.63 for food and other costs, for an average monthly bill of £731.73 per asylum seeker.

It rings alright

Sits okay with you. Why don't you pay the bill then instead of expecting everyone else to pay it for you? 

8 hours ago, henry d said:

the difference between the amount that they can get compared to UK citizens. 

Is irrelevant, one are our problem (UK citizens for clarity) the others aren't.

Just because someone wants to come to the UK, doesn't mean they should be allowed to, especially if their route here is not through legal channels.

Illegal entry should 100% prohibit any chance or staying, it should mean immediate deportation.

If that means offshore processing centres then so be it. Bear minimum to survive, see how quickly they remember where they are from.

Some incredibly low figures for the cost of an illegal immigrant. The cost of interpreters is glossed over, but they are extremely expensive. Asylum laywers - well they give their services for free, don't they. Add the cost of cost of keeping our jails full - let's conveniently ignore that. Hospitals, police - just some more to be ignored.

The cost is so low, we might as well let them all in.