Jump to content

Channel Migrants


ditchman
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

On a radio 4 news report a home office minister stated that 5 people had been deported this yeafafter entering illegaly not bad out of 25k.they also gave the percentage figures of where all these boat people came from.mainly syria and iran so why not put them on planes and take thdm straight back.i believe word would soon get around and they would think twice before getting into a dingy after handing over their cash only to be sent straight back home.might just take the shine off the uk for them.

Well that's a pretty impressive percentage? They obviously operate in the same efficient way as others whereby no action is deemed as dreadfully hard work to a gold standard and worthy of self praise?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

i believe word would soon get around and they would think twice before getting into a dingy after handing over their cash only to be sent straight back home.might just take the shine off the uk for them.

Where exactly is this cash coming from ?
It seems to me one of the biggest conundrums of the whole matter.
Despite the vague sums mentioned for a dinghy ride across the Channel , 5- 10 thousand pounds, and the fact most of them seem to be packing a fully functioning , internationally roaming smartphone, where have these items and cash come from ?
One young man , OK hes probably robbed and conned his way across Europe, has he done so with 5 or 10 grand is his jeans pocket ?
I would imagine if they are all packing similar sums , they would become a target of ...

A. Other 'refugee' gangs, possibly those not so well healed, so more violent ?

B. The more unscrupulous elements of the local gendarmerie ?

C. The traffickers themselves, who may promise the trip but never deliver ?

So what if theres a family, say 2 adults 2 kids , we could be talking 20 - 40 grand ?
I doubt very much the traffickers accept bank transfer or credit card.

Could these desperate people fleeing war and persecution have a bank account with the necessary tens of thousands waiting to be pulled out of a French ATM ?
Whos paying their mobile phone bill ?

Its like when 'someone' was paying for ships and fuel , plus crew wages , to pick people up from off the coast of Libya, ready to take them to their destination of choice.
It was obvious someone was financing those ships, until questions started being asked about where the 'donations' were coming from, and then it all went quiet, the funding stopped , and crews and ships were left high and dry.

Its fairly obvious , that people living in the jungle style camps, are living in squalor, and seem dependent on charity donations of food and clothes, yet when it comes down to booking a trip across to the promised land, they produce a big wad of cash ?

Interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Where exactly is this cash coming from ?
It seems to me one of the biggest conundrums of the whole matter.
Despite the vague sums mentioned for a dinghy ride across the Channel , 5- 10 thousand pounds, and the fact most of them seem to be packing a fully functioning , internationally roaming smartphone, where have these items and cash come from ?
One young man , OK hes probably robbed and conned his way across Europe, has he done so with 5 or 10 grand is his jeans pocket ?
I would imagine if they are all packing similar sums , they would become a target of ...

A. Other 'refugee' gangs, possibly those not so well healed, so more violent ?

B. The more unscrupulous elements of the local gendarmerie ?

C. The traffickers themselves, who may promise the trip but never deliver ?

So what if theres a family, say 2 adults 2 kids , we could be talking 20 - 40 grand ?
I doubt very much the traffickers accept bank transfer or credit card.

Could these desperate people fleeing war and persecution have a bank account with the necessary tens of thousands waiting to be pulled out of a French ATM ?
Whos paying their mobile phone bill ?

Its like when 'someone' was paying for ships and fuel , plus crew wages , to pick people up from off the coast of Libya, ready to take them to their destination of choice.
It was obvious someone was financing those ships, until questions started being asked about where the 'donations' were coming from, and then it all went quiet, the funding stopped , and crews and ships were left high and dry.

Its fairly obvious , that people living in the jungle style camps, are living in squalor, and seem dependent on charity donations of food and clothes, yet when it comes down to booking a trip across to the promised land, they produce a big wad of cash ?

Interesting.

This has been  my thought  for a long time I belive and may get shot down. But I still belive they are coming here in the hope of one day taking over  desperate  people don't have what these people  have  

 Heck in one of the camps in France they had a bank of chargers for mobile  phones 

 Poor people would not have phones.  There money would be spent on food and  keeping  warm. They all seem quite well dressed. We're are all the ones that have been coming all this time 

 We're are they I'm Europe and who is looking after them 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Where exactly is this cash coming from ?
It seems to me one of the biggest conundrums of the whole matter.
Despite the vague sums mentioned for a dinghy ride across the Channel , 5- 10 thousand pounds, and the fact most of them seem to be packing a fully functioning , internationally roaming smartphone, where have these items and cash come from ?
One young man , OK hes probably robbed and conned his way across Europe, has he done so with 5 or 10 grand is his jeans pocket ?
I would imagine if they are all packing similar sums , they would become a target of ...

A. Other 'refugee' gangs, possibly those not so well healed, so more violent ?

B. The more unscrupulous elements of the local gendarmerie ?

C. The traffickers themselves, who may promise the trip but never deliver ?

So what if theres a family, say 2 adults 2 kids , we could be talking 20 - 40 grand ?
I doubt very much the traffickers accept bank transfer or credit card.

Could these desperate people fleeing war and persecution have a bank account with the necessary tens of thousands waiting to be pulled out of a French ATM ?
Whos paying their mobile phone bill ?

Its like when 'someone' was paying for ships and fuel , plus crew wages , to pick people up from off the coast of Libya, ready to take them to their destination of choice.
It was obvious someone was financing those ships, until questions started being asked about where the 'donations' were coming from, and then it all went quiet, the funding stopped , and crews and ships were left high and dry.

Its fairly obvious , that people living in the jungle style camps, are living in squalor, and seem dependent on charity donations of food and clothes, yet when it comes down to booking a trip across to the promised land, they produce a big wad of cash ?

Interesting.

Part way to answering your questions.migrants arrive in boston homeless pennyless only asset is as you say their mobile phone.so they go off to social security to stake a claim with the help of a couple of businesses set up by other migrants who know their way around the system.next is to get housing then medical help via gp.some are of pension age so go straight to full pension something that our own have to earn or only get part of.then after they are set with all these things strangely they then find the cash from their accounts in other countries that were sorted before making the journey here and start up businesses of their own mainly small shops selling foods etc from their homeland.one complete end of boston is now like a shanty town because of this all the little locally owned family businesses that had been there for generations closed up because people would no longer go to that end of town.pizza hut which did a very good trade there had to give up and close so when someone as big as these go what chance is there for others.the truth of migrants to this country is they do not integrate into our society but create sub societies of their own the town of boston is dying proof of this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

Part way to answering your questions.migrants arrive in boston homeless pennyless only asset is as you say their mobile phone.so they go off to social security to stake a claim with the help of a couple of businesses set up by other migrants who know their way around the system.next is to get housing then medical help via gp.some are of pension age so go straight to full pension something that our own have to earn or only get part of.then after they are set with all these things strangely they then find the cash from their accounts in other countries that were sorted before making the journey here and start up businesses of their own mainly small shops selling foods etc from their homeland.one complete end of boston is now like a shanty town because of this all the little locally owned family businesses that had been there for generations closed up because people would no longer go to that end of town.pizza hut which did a very good trade there had to give up and close so when someone as big as these go what chance is there for others.the truth of migrants to this country is they do not integrate into our society but create sub societies of their own the town of boston is dying proof of this.

100% correct  and you have just mentioned  one place. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, old man said:

Not being confrontational, how so?

Do we send a call to their Maritime Gendarmerie,....... Oi ,we're just returning some people we don't want .

We rock up to tip em out facing 5 100 ton patrol boats and 50 Maritime officers all armed to the teeth? Ours possibly only have a flare gun but no flares?

I don't think so as our lot  are still in the HOP bar hoping for home time to arrive quickly? This they deem a huge success? 

We send an unarmed ship and forcibly dump them back on French soil. I can't see the French firing on us as that would be an act of war, we're simply returning the people who they have failed to stop illegally leaving their country and returning them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, henry d said:

A quick check on figures gives a better long term view of numbers granted and refused asylum...

Screenshot_20211127-151714.png.75ba52fe7d5f642c4a9aa6e83f47ee5e.png

Come on henry, admit it, if an illegal immigrant makes it on to our soil, the odds of them being deported is next to zero. 

As usual I'm sure you'll ignore this as you can't twist it to suit your narrative. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, henry d said:

A quick check on figures gives a better long term view of numbers granted and refused asylum

From 2017 to 2019 , largely before the dinghy stage,  but even so , quote what percentages you like , how many actually GET SENT BACK?

1000 a day on average arrive , show me some figures of how many have been put on a boat or plane , and deported , anything else is utterly meaningless.

We can't house or provide adequate medical care to what populace we HAVE , what on earth do we do with another 300,000+ a year more ? They barely speak English,  many have no intention of working , and once established , will send over for their extended families they swore blind were murdered.

They come here because we are a soft touch on asylum, and they know there's virtually no chance of not being given right to remain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

a. Initial decisions made
499,000
b. Granted asylum at initial hearing
52,000
c. Granted asylum on appeal
61,000
d. Granted exceptional leave, discretionary leave or humanitarian protection
72,000
e. Asylum claim rejected (i.e. a-b-c-d)
314,000
f. Removed 75,000 g. Failed but not removed (e-f)
239,000

 

75000 returned 1997 -2004. Ah sorry that was not for the Tories. They are tough on migration so no doubt more recent figures are a lot higher.

Edited by oowee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What the French are up to with all this is no better than what's happening on the Polish border. 

However we can plead all we want but they will not help us out, infact it seems obvious they are quite enjoying the disruption this is causing in the UK.

We must therefore accept this a do things which are in our control. We must drastically reduce the our pull factor. Once The UK becomes far less attractive to these migrants the flow will naturally decrease. However the way things are,we may as well have a huge illuminated signon the white cliffs of Dover. 'Please come to the promised land.'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In a feud with Boris, David Miliband blames the migrant crisis on Brexit.

DAVID MILIBAND blamed Brexit for the migrant crisis in the English Channel, as well as Boris Johnson for “infuriating” Emmanuel Macron.

Former Labour Cabinet minister David Miliband said on Radio 4’s Today that Prime Minister Theresa May’s letter to Emmanuel Macron, in which he outlined a plan to crack down on people smugglers sending asylum seekers to the UK, was “unwise.”

President Macron, who has had numerous disagreements with Mr Johnson over a variety of issues, claimed that the Prime Minister’s letter was a violation of French sovereignty.

Mr Miliband told the BBC that the migrant crisis is “a graphic demonstration of what Brexit means,” and that he is siding with France in the verbal battle.

“I believe the French government made a mistake by refusing to invite the United Kingdom (for talks),” he said, “because the United Kingdom clearly needs to be a part of it.”

“However, the Government made a grave error in writing a letter to President Macron, apparently an hour after the Prime Minister spoke to him, that could be read to be designed to enrage President Macron.”

“You could argue that he was wrong to be enraged, but it wasn’t prudent to try to enrage him.”

And, in the end, we’ll have to make amends for what Brexit has brought about.”

Mr Miliband also claimed that before Britain left the EU, there was a scheme in place that allowed the UK to return some asylum seekers to the EU.

“That doesn’t exist,” he added, “and that’s one of the reasons we’ll be negotiating Brexit for a long time.”

After a boat carrying migrants trying to reach Britain capsized in the English Channel, at least 28 people drowned in the frigid waters off the coast of France on Wednesday, London and Paris are embroiled in yet another diplomatic spat.

It’s one of the highest death tolls for migrants attempting the perilous crossing in recent years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

What the French are up to with all this is no better than what's happening on the Polish border. 

However we can plead all we want but they will not help us out, infact it seems obvious they are quite enjoying the disruption this is causing in the UK.

Realy? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, oowee said:
a. Initial decisions made
499,000
b. Granted asylum at initial hearing
52,000
c. Granted asylum on appeal
61,000
d. Granted exceptional leave, discretionary leave or humanitarian protection
72,000
e. Asylum claim rejected (i.e. a-b-c-d)
314,000
f. Removed 75,000 g. Failed but not removed (e-f)
239,000

 

75000 returned 1997 -2004. Ah sorry that was not for the Tories. They are tough on migration so no doubt more recent figures are a lot higher.

Take a closer look at those figures.

In 8 years , 500,000 applications, these days we are talking 4 to 5 times as many in the same time period.

Back then around 10000 a year removed, the rest of the failed claims , what happened to them ? Undocumented, off the radar.....

Do we remove 10000 a year these days , I highly doubt it , where are they ? You could be looking at 2 to 2.5 MILLION extra mouths in the same time period , and literally no end in sight.

Do you find that sustainable or acceptable? 

18 minutes ago, oowee said:

Realy? 

Yeah really.

It's economic warfare , for daring to choose autonomy.

Make no mistake on that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, oowee said:
a. Initial decisions made
499,000
b. Granted asylum at initial hearing
52,000
c. Granted asylum on appeal
61,000
d. Granted exceptional leave, discretionary leave or humanitarian protection
72,000
e. Asylum claim rejected (i.e. a-b-c-d)
314,000
f. Removed 75,000 g. Failed but not removed (e-f)
239,000

 

75000 returned 1997 -2004. Ah sorry that was not for the Tories. They are tough on migration so no doubt more recent figures are a lot higher.

A lot tougher than labour who started all this. There again a piece of wet toilet paper is tougher than them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Take a closer look at those figures.

In 8 years , 500,000 applications, these days we are talking 4 to 5 times as many in the same time period.

Back then around 10000 a year removed, the rest of the failed claims , what happened to them ? Undocumented, off the radar.....

Do we remove 10000 a year these days , I highly doubt it , where are they ? You could be looking at 2 to 2.5 MILLION extra mouths in the same time period , and literally no end in sight.

Do you find that sustainable or acceptable? 

Yeah really.

It's economic warfare , for daring to choose autonomy.

Make no mistake on that.

It is economic warfare.

Barnier will be the one to watch?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, henry d said:

A quick check on figures gives a better long term view of numbers granted and refused asylum...

Screenshot_20211127-151714.png.75ba52fe7d5f642c4a9aa6e83f47ee5e.png

The figure of 5 that was from home office was for this year.25 thousand arrive and they sent 5 back.also just because they fail in their application it does not follow they are sent back or deported to the last country.the multiple appeals that they can go through takes not only years but untold ammounts of legal aid in other words tax payers money

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Realy? 

Really !!!! What else is it. They make life so miserable for them. They either freeze to death in make shift tents with no support or take the risk . Get a meal on the beach then 4 star hotel. 

Ok it's not as blatant as what's happening in Poland, but much more subtle and far more effective.

If you think otherwise then you clearly are...well I will leave it at that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...