Channel Migrants

ditchman

1 hour ago, Weihrauch17 said:

I took my son to Preston today for his Theory Test, had a wander round whilst he did it.  Let's just say you wouldn't have known you were in the UK which is much the same as many towns where I live.  Gangs of young men speaking langauges I couldn't understand made me walk him to the centre and walk back to pick him up.  God knows how women feel.

A number of years ago, we went to the Lego Experience thingymajig in the Trafford Center with our kids - My wife was absolutely gob smacked that we were a minority there as she doesn't get out of Wales much with the exception of Chester!!

In Liverpool there is a language school place - just across from the passport office (you couldn't make it up) and there are lots outside it - but you could say at least they are making the effort to learn the language.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, discobob said:

A number of years ago, we went to the Lego Experience thingymajig in the Trafford Center with our kids - My wife was absolutely gob smacked that we were a minority there as she doesn't get out of Wales much with the exception of Chester!!

In Liverpool there is a language school place - just across from the passport office (you couldn't make it up) and there are lots outside it - but you could say at least they are making the effort to learn the language.

Come to boston our asda did away with the wet fish counter and the cooked meats counter to put in a east european deli counter.