Channel Migrants

ditchman

19 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Some incredibly low figures for the cost of an illegal immigrant. The cost of interpreters is glossed over, but they are extremely expensive. Asylum laywers - well they give their services for free, don't they. Add the cost of cost of keeping our jails full - let's conveniently ignore that. Hospitals, police - just some more to be ignored.

The cost is so low, we might as well let them all in.

They find money to pay for crossing surely its not unreasonable for the British public to expect them to pay for all living costs in this country until  they get deported to the country from witch they set out from. Follow the money and find out the original country that they came from. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, henry d said:

The average cost of accommodating an asylum seeker is £560 a month

A four star hotel for £560 a month???????? including food? dream on

a very small flat in London would cost £560  A WEEK plus all the extras

We have to remember that the vast majority of asylum seekers come here by using the proper procedures, tick all the boxes and get allowed to stay. But they are all still heavily subsidised because the law says they have to be.

Edited by Vince Green

2 hours ago, scutt said:

They find money to pay for crossing surely its not unreasonable for the British public to expect them to pay for all living costs in this country until  they get deported to the country from witch they set out from. Follow the money and find out the original country that they came from. 

follow where the u.k produced/sold bombs and armaments  were used/ended up  would be a sure way of finding the country of origin of many of these poor desperate souls/pawns

Edited by beazley

2 minutes ago, beazley said:

follow where the u.k produced/sold bombs and armaments  were used/ended up  would be a sure way of finding the country of origin of these poor souls.

Funny how they dont tend to find their way to the birthplace of the AK 47 or RPG 7 ?
Or are those the weapon of choice of  'freedom fighters' rather than the oppressors ?
How many Afghans went to set up coffee shops in Moscow after the soviet occupation ?

How many Iraqis rocked up in Miami after Gulf war 1 and 2  ?
There are vast numbers of refugees in Greece, Turkey , Spain and Italy, did they all send or sell armaments too?
The Saudis and UAE fueled IS and al quaeda, how many illegal migrants did they take ?
When did the west declare war on Nigeria , CAR or Chad ?

The simplistic , guilt trippy idea, that WE caused all this , is just plain stupid.
If multinational corporations see a profit in war, they will take it , and they will steamroller over you , me , and any 3rd world peasant that stands in their way of that profit.
But theres a reason 'refugees' choose certain countries to come to, and thats got nothing to do with who or what created the mess they left behind.
Its about ease of entry , and the financial rewards therein, any other argument is ridiculous.

maybe the reason that they want to come to the u.k is that it is such a great country

i know i would rather be here than any other country.

who can really blame them for striving to get their kith and kin to a safe place,

a place where a future can be contemplated

i know i would if i was as desperate and had as much courage

7 minutes ago, beazley said:

maybe the reason that they want to come to the u.k is that it is such a great country

who can really blame them for striving to get their kith and kin to a safe place,

Very true thisis one of the best countrìes to live in.however if you arelooking to find a place of safety for your family/children why would you pass through many safe countries and not ask to settle there. Also if you live in an area that has a large population of migrants and asylum seekers you would also see how tjey do not integrate into our society but segregate large areas of towns.as the current stupid laws state asylum seekers cannot work in this country so therefore we have to keep them.and as they tend to stay here for years that is a massive cost not only for general living expeñse but then we have the parasite lawyers that are screwing the ldgal aid which incidently we as the ordinary tax payer fund

i would expect that the ones we see are not all of them,

most likely some have stopped off in safe countries along the way,most at the first safe country they came to,i have heard that all countries along the way take more of these souls than the u.k, the numbers taper off the further away from their countries of origin

we are just seeing the ones with more 'get up and go' than the ones that lie back and do nothing to change their situation,

this is a inate human trait which is embedded in mankinds dna, 

what they are doing are hardly the actions of spongers and drains on our economy,

a measured humane approach is the answer 

1 hour ago, beazley said:

I blame our politicians for letting them. 

But if you want them here, why don't you stick your hand in your pocket, I'm sick of paying, we've got our own homeless and those living below the poverty line, without importing and paying for more people. 

A measure of reality is needed. Rarely have a I read such simplistic rubbish. No answers, no idea of the cost, no idea of how law and order is affected. Answer - trot out a platitude. 

The comments rank alongside "Think of the children" and "There must be another way". Clueless.

18 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I blame our politicians for letting them. 

But if you want them here, why don't you stick your hand in your pocket, I'm sick of paying, we've got our own homeless and those living below the poverty line, without importing and paying for more people. 

I agree i worked 50 years paid in full and because i had the nerve to pay into a private pension that does not really pay much i am now paying income tax again.these people arrive here get benefits that i cannot get.

1 hour ago, beazley said:

+1

2 hours ago, beazley said:

most likely some have stopped off in safe countries along the way,most at the first safe country they came to,i have heard that all countries along the way take more of these souls than the u.k, the numbers taper off the further away from their countries of origin

Methinks you read the lefty liberal press too much.
I dont think you have the foggy est idea, because youve never encountered these people in the flesh.

When 'these souls' set out on their pilgrimage to the promised land, they know very well what their intended destination is.
Its the one where they wont have a problem gaining access, and one where they will be able to live comfortably by doing absolutely nothing work wise, just like they did back 'home'
They invariably come from a culture of lazyness, often one where the women do the work , and the men lounge about.

All we are doing is adding more useless mouths to the already bursting at the seams social state.

we are just seeing the ones with more 'get up and go' than the ones that lie back and do nothing to change their situation,

If they have more get up and go , why didnt they try to improve the place they were born ?
Through hard work and determination , surely it would be possible to improve the life their ancestors left for them, as we have done with ours ?

what they are doing are hardly the actions of spongers and drains on our economy,

And yet , incredibly , thats exactly what they do when they get here 😏

We ve tried that , and the words got around, now there are 100s of 1000s of them wanting a piece of the action.
Whos going to pay for them , you ?
Whos going to house them, when we cant house what we have ?
Whos going to provide medical care, schooling, when we cant cope with what weve already got ?

Its a recipe to create the third world hell hole they came from, here, for everyone.
Then we can be the refugees , begging for another country to take us in and give us asylum.
Do you like the sound of that ?

28 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I dont think you have the foggy est idea, because youve never encountered these people in the flesh.

When 'these souls' set out on their pilgrimage to the promised land, they know very well what their intended destination is.
Its the one where they wont have a problem gaining access, and one where they will be able to live comfortably by doing absolutely nothing work wise, just like they did back 'home'
They invariably come from a culture of lazyness, often one where the women do the work , and the men lounge about.

All we are doing is adding more useless mouths to the already bursting at the seams social state.

If they have more get up and go , why didnt they try to improve the place they were born ?
Through hard work and determination , surely it would be possible to improve the life their ancestors left for them, as we have done with ours ?

We ve tried that , and the words got around, now there are 100s of 1000s of them wanting a piece of the action.
Whos going to provide medical care, schooling, when we cant cope with what weve already got ?

Its a recipe to create the third world hell hole they came from, here, for everyone.
Then we can be the refugees , begging for another country to take us in and give us asylum.

100 % correct .

3 hours ago, beazley said:

We are talking of illegal immigration here not through the proper access routes for migration?

When you have a government sponsored situation as here where illegal entrants who have not contributed anything receive more benefit than people who have paid in for 50* years I would propose that something is very seriously off kilter from both an economic and social point of view? 

one in one out is my solution,

some scumbag recidivist ,regardless as to wether they were born here who is sentenced to more than 6 months inside should be kicked out of the country and a deserving person let in to settle and contribute to society,

some,if not most of these boat people are better examples of mankind than many of our own natives you see in wetherspoons on a saturday night 

8 minutes ago, beazley said:

some scumbag recidivist ,regardless as to wether they were born here who is sentenced to more than 6 months inside should be kicked out of the country and a deserving person let in to settle and contribute to society,

some,if not most of these boat people are better examples of mankind than many of our own natives you see in wetherspoons on a saturday night 

Where would you send these people?

14 minutes ago, beazley said:

Well I don't disagree with your first paragraph, your second one is miles off, why is crime through the roof in the areas these people have settled, with women being sexualy assaulted as they walk down the street. 

While certainly not all of them. Many of these people have come from countrys where women are second class citizens. That is unacceptable to me. 

albania or rwanda are 2 places that spring to mind,i'm sure that many governments would provide room and board for a small fee,say £25 a week max, perhaps the new afghanistan administration could step in to look after our home grown drains on society, i dont really give a hoot where they go as long as a deserving and contributing  person is allowed to take their place,when they get shipped out their close family would also have to go.

the ones that would be allowed to settle in their place could live anywhere they want

Edited by beazley

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

+1 100%

Edited by Newbie to this

46 minutes ago, beazley said:

Is that why a disproportionate number of illegals are serving time at her Majs pleasure ?
At a cost to the tax payer of £40k each a year.

You couldnt make it up, chuck some English scrote out and let Shamina Begum back in I suppose ? 🤭

23 minutes ago, beazley said:

albania or rwanda are 2 places that spring to mind,i'm sure that many governments would provide room and board for a small fee,say £25 a week max,

How many refugees do you think Albania would like , they tend to export them out , not let them in :lol:

Rwandans  tend to be a bit unkind in a machete kind of way to people they dont like, so I think you need to think again.

29 minutes ago, beazley said:

perhaps the new afghanistan administration could step in to look after our home grown drains on society,

Now were talking ! Ill support that .
Beazley for president 😄

i dont really give a hoot where they go as long as a deserving and contributing  person is allowed to take their place,when they get shipped out their close family would also have to go.

Never mind probably, that is the most stupid statement I have ever read. Just how would we go about deporting them to another country when they are UK citizens? Then we expect their families to uproot and follow them. Just how long a period is involved in judging whether an illegal immigrant iis a deserving and contributing person? How do we measure that?

You suggest we pay another country to take our less than model citizens, whilst we pay for illegal immigrants? . Perhaps they could take all our prisoners too.

You are either a troll or thinking is not your strong point.

Beazley for president 😄

Perhaps he should aim a little lower. There is a village somewhere with a vacancy.

Edited by Gordon R

to be honest i dont care where they go or what happens to them,some British families have produced generations of criminals ,often 3 generations + of one family have all been inside, there are areas in the u.k where the moniker of scally or geezer is worn like a badge of honour,that is how twisted British morality has become,

any criminal using violence or anybody facing a 2nd jail sentence should not be allowed more rights than somebody that has travelled through dangerous waters to make a better life for their families,

Edited by beazley

11 minutes ago, beazley said:

any crime involving violence or anybody facing a 2nd jail sentence should not be allowed more rights than somebody that has travelled through dangerous waters to make a better life for their families,

Foreign national offenders

Removal of Foreign Criminals: MW 484

• There are 18,400 foreign national offenders (FNOs) in the UK, including 9,000 in prisons (who made up 11% of a total prison population in 2019 of 82,200).[1]
  • Non-EU FNOs make up around 5,100 (or 57%) of the total FNO population in prisons; the other portion (3,900, or 43%) consists of EU nationals (2019).[2]
  • In the year to June 2020, there were also 9,400 FNOs living amongst the general public. This has more than doubled from just under 4,000 in 2012.[3]
  • Under Section 32 of the UK Borders Act of 2007, non-EU “foreign criminals” sentenced to 12 months or more in prison are subject to automatic deportation.[4]
  • Those recognised as refugees may also be stripped of their right to stay if convicted of a ‘serious crime’, i.e. leading to a sentence of imprisonment of at least two years.[5]
  • There were 4,700 FNOs removed in the year to March 2020. The number of such returns fell from 6,200 in 2016. Returns averaged 5,300 (2010-19 - Home Office).[6]
  • Returns of EU FNOs have risen over time, while the number of non-EU-national returns has fallen. Only 32% of those returned in 2018/19 were from outside the EU.
  • The average FNO is removed 139 days after release from prison.[7]
  • Obstacles to removal include: ‘last minute’ asylum claims, Judicial Review applications, further representations, documentation issues and absconding.
  • Brexit change UK rules regarding the deportation of EU criminals.[8] After 31 December 2020, foreign national offenders (including EU offenders) can be removed (under the same rules as non-EU offenders) if they receive a custodial sentence of at least 12 months (under the UK Borders Act 2007).[9]
  • The estimated annual cost of administration of FNOs is £850 million, according to the National Audit Office (NAO).[10]

There are just over 9,000 foreign national offenders (FNOs) in UK prisons - representing 160 nations of the world - making up about 11% of the total prison population of 82,200 (2019).

About a third were convicted of violent or sexual offences, about a fifth for drug charges, and others for burglary, fraud, robbery and other serious crimes.

There are two foreign national offender-only prisons, one of which is located at Huntercombe - Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire. The operational capacity of this prison is about 480.

Nations with the largest numbers of their citizens in UK prisons are: 1) Poland 2) Albania

3) Romania 4) Ireland 5) Jamaica 6) Lithuania 7) Pakistan 😎 Somalia 9) India and 10) Portugal.[11]