• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

take for instance a fictional recidivist,

norman stanley fletcher would do as an example,

why should scum like him who has no regrets for the harm and distress his burglaries caused to his victims be allowed to live in our mostly law abiding society,

there are many real fletchers in society who we could do without,

another example,

the real life pritti patel's grandparents will do,

they would now be refused entry regardless of the morality and economic benefits our society gains from accepting their ilk

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Foreign national offenders

Removal of Foreign Criminals: MW 484

• There are 18,400 foreign national offenders (FNOs) in the UK, including 9,000 in prisons (who made up 11% of a total prison population in 2019 of 82,200).[1]
  • Non-EU FNOs make up around 5,100 (or 57%) of the total FNO population in prisons; the other portion (3,900, or 43%) consists of EU nationals (2019).[2]
  • In the year to June 2020, there were also 9,400 FNOs living amongst the general public. This has more than doubled from just under 4,000 in 2012.[3]
  • Under Section 32 of the UK Borders Act of 2007, non-EU “foreign criminals” sentenced to 12 months or more in prison are subject to automatic deportation.[4]
  • Those recognised as refugees may also be stripped of their right to stay if convicted of a ‘serious crime’, i.e. leading to a sentence of imprisonment of at least two years.[5]
  • There were 4,700 FNOs removed in the year to March 2020. The number of such returns fell from 6,200 in 2016. Returns averaged 5,300 (2010-19 - Home Office).[6]
  • Returns of EU FNOs have risen over time, while the number of non-EU-national returns has fallen. Only 32% of those returned in 2018/19 were from outside the EU.
  • The average FNO is removed 139 days after release from prison.[7]
  • Obstacles to removal include: ‘last minute’ asylum claims, Judicial Review applications, further representations, documentation issues and absconding.
  • Brexit change UK rules regarding the deportation of EU criminals.[8] After 31 December 2020, foreign national offenders (including EU offenders) can be removed (under the same rules as non-EU offenders) if they receive a custodial sentence of at least 12 months (under the UK Borders Act 2007).[9]
  • The estimated annual cost of administration of FNOs is £850 million, according to the National Audit Office (NAO).[10]

There are just over 9,000 foreign national offenders (FNOs) in UK prisons - representing 160 nations of the world - making up about 11% of the total prison population of 82,200 (2019).

About a third were convicted of violent or sexual offences, about a fifth for drug charges, and others for burglary, fraud, robbery and other serious crimes.

There are two foreign national offender-only prisons, one of which is located at Huntercombe - Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire. The operational capacity of this prison is about 480.

Nations with the largest numbers of their citizens in UK prisons are: 1) Poland 2) Albania

3) Romania 4) Ireland 5) Jamaica 6) Lithuania 7) Pakistan 😎 Somalia 9) India and 10) Portugal.[11]

british nationals in our prison population = 87%,

%wise more than british nationals of working age  that have a job,(75.5%)

Edited by beazley

4 minutes ago, beazley said:

why should scum like him who has no regrets for the harm and distress his burglaries caused to his victims be allowed to live in our mostly law abiding society,

Because scum like him are our problem, we should never make them someone else's problem, even if they are willing to take them for a price.

6 minutes ago, beazley said:

the real life pritti patel's grandparents will do,

they would now be refused entry regardless of the morality and economic benefits our society gains from accepting their ilk

I wasn't aware they came here illegally.

57 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Because scum like him are our problem, we should never make them someone else's problem, even if they are willing to take them for a price.

I wasn't aware they came here illegally.

thats right,

being a refugee or escaping certain death wasnt a crime back in the good old days.

same people and same reasons tho'

so what is wrong with treating it as an exchange, somebody who wants to become a nurse,care worker etc to be let in to live and work and a home grown criminal who cant stop stealing and drug dealing whose actions are destroying our civilised society to take their place in a rat infested camp in france or belarus

demonising those who need our help and lauding those who thrive on the suffering of others is so far removed from what this great country once stood for,

it seems unbelievable that being British was once something to be proud of,our core values of fair play,justice and equality were  respected right around the globe

we are sinking fast and its not immigration that is dragging us down.

Edited by beazley

25 minutes ago, beazley said:

same people and same reasons tho'

Then they should enter by legal channels.

26 minutes ago, beazley said:

being a refugee or escaping certain death wasnt a crime back in the good old days.

Still isn't.

26 minutes ago, beazley said:

so what is wrong with treating it as an exchange, somebody who wants to become a nurse,care worker etc to be let in to live and work and a criminal who cant stop stealing and drug dealing to take their place in a rat infested camp in france or belarus.

I have no words.

27 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Me neither, the man's on a different planet. 

same planet but certainly a different dimension to the  one you two are in, these immigration/migrant threads always have an air of disconnection from reality about them,(no offence meant or intended)

theres a big issue one going as well which is well worth looking at.

i have had to bite my lip and not post a reply on that one.

Edited by beazley

6 hours ago, beazley said:

i would expect that the ones we see are not all of them,

most likely some have stopped off in safe countries along the way,most at the first safe country they came to,i have heard that all countries along the way take more of these souls than the u.k, the numbers taper off the further away from their countries of origin

There are a lot of differences between most European countries and the UK. First and most obviously many don't have any equivilent to our Social Services. In the countries around the Med its nearly all run by the Church, that goes back hundreds of years.. However outsiders, and that includes you and me, don't qualify for help, its a closed shop..

My friend Gordon lived in Spain for many years but said these British who come out here don't realise, Get sick, have an operation or need help and they will totally blank you. Its the same for the migrants.

Also virtually no country has a state funded health system free at the point of delivery like we do. Various schemes but mostly linked to some form of insurance. 

So many of the "safe" countries offer rubbish deals but many (like Italy) process and rubber stamp the applicants very quickly knowing that once they are rubber stamped they will move north. THANK GOD we left the EU when we did!

The flow of people will be relentless, the world is a bad place and its not going to get better. More and more people will be on the move.

Canada had a good idea, they said you can come to Canada as long as you agree to live in these regions.  Same I would guess in Austrailia etc

When I looked at moving to Canada (Nova Scotia) they wanted a $200.000 bond for five years , I could have afforded that but I would not be allowed firearms. Where I was planning to move to it would be necessary to carry a .375 H&H daily every day just to go down to the lake to fish, or to go anywhere.

So I never went  

1 hour ago, beazley said:

I have had to bite my lip and not post a reply on that one.

On no, please do reply to it, you're actually quite entertaining 👍

You strike me as someone who has little experience of this type of thing? 

You could do with a holiday in some nice inner city area, where the rich diverse culture can truly be appreciated, it might open your eyes a bit. 

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

When I looked at moving to Canada (Nova Scotia) they wanted a $200.000 bond for five years , I could have afforded that but I would not be allowed firearms. Where I was planning to move to it would be necessary to carry a .375 H&H daily every day just to go down to the lake to fish, or to go anywhere.

So I never went  

:lol: Tell us more was it the alligators or the moose? :lol:

48 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

We are full! Profit over neglected infrastructure to look after our own! . . . Whatever your views on refugees/immigrants, check out Lee Stuarts sketch "Dammed Immigrants" on youtube. Olde but still makes me chuckle.     NB 

Plenty of room down here. The only reason there is an issue is because we don't resource the issue. Get used to it as the sea level rises the coastal dwellers of Norfolk will be on the move.

31 minutes ago, oowee said:

Plenty of room down here. The only reason there is an issue is because we don't resource the issue. Get used to it as the sea level rises the coastal dwellers of Norfolk will be on the move.

We will build a wall along the Waveney to keep the six fingered web footed Nor folk out. 🙂 That's why i live on a hill. Or what passes for a hill in Suffolk.   NB   

7 hours ago, Rewulf said:

On no, please do reply to it, you're actually quite entertaining 👍

You strike me as someone who has little experience of this type of thing? 

You could do with a holiday in some nice inner city area, where the rich diverse culture can truly be appreciated, it might open your eyes a bit. 

He must be henry, surely two people in the universe can't think like that. 

He must be henry, surely two people in the universe can't think like that. 

In fairness to henry d - I very often don't agree with him, but beazley is something else. Simplistic rubbish, with arguments which wouldn't stand any scrutiny whatsoever. Bizarre solutions which could never ever work. never gets his facts right, doesn't mind when his thought process (I use that term lightly) is trashed.

Definite troll.

10 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

We will build a wall along the Waveney to keep the six fingered web footed Nor folk out. 🙂 That's why i live on a hill. Or what passes for a hill in Suffolk.   NB   

last toime i wents to suffeck it were so hi bu i gots a nose bleed

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

In fairness to henry d - I very often don't agree with him, but beazley is something else. Simplistic rubbish, with arguments which wouldn't stand any scrutiny whatsoever. Bizarre solutions which could never ever work. never gets his facts right, doesn't mind when his thought process (I use that term lightly) is trashed.

Definite troll.

my solutions, however 'tongue in cheek' they are would work just as well as the ridiculous efforts the load of red white and blue chancers that this country voted in are doing, 'protect our borders', 'take back control' were two of the inane and jingoistic mantras,   some saw it as the main reason for voting for the incompetent shower of blowhards, they cant even deal with destitute people landing in rubber boats ***,  its turned into a farce and the efforts/failures of our pound shop politicos have sadly turned the united kingdom into a laughing stock,

expecting france to stop people leaving its shores to travel to the u.k was a good example of ridiculous policy, only an first class blinkered idiot would expect that to work, north korea maybe but in a 21st century democracy,not a chance.  

whoever thought that would work should not be anywhere near government

what about the Jamacians that they periodically charter airliners for, a few score at a time are collected from various prisons or detention centres  around the country and transported  to the airports ,put onto the planes, they then sweat it out on the runway for a few hours and then most are taken off and returned to their detention centres as it turns out that our home office dont understand u.k law.

a grand day out on double time for some but just another example of the sheer incompetence of the government who got in by peddling a hard line agenda that they knew darn well was not deliverable.

Edited by beazley

14 minutes ago, beazley said:

my solutions, however 'tongue in cheek' they are would work just as well as the ridiculous efforts the load of red white and blue chancers that this country voted in are doing, 'protect our borders', 'take back control' were two of the inane and jingoistic mantras,   some saw it as the main reason for voting for the incompetent shower of blowhards, they cant even deal with destitute people landing in rubber boats ***,  its turned into a farce and the efforts/failures of our pound shop politicos have sadly turned the united kingdom into a laughing stock,

expecting france to stop people leaving its shores to travel to the u.k was a good example of ridiculous policy, only an first class blinkered idiot would expect that to work, north korea maybe but in a 21st century democracy,not a chance.  

whoever thought that would work should not be anywhere near government

Our being hamstrung by some of the human rights invented by the EU to weigh us down is taking a while to undo.

31 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Our being hamstrung by some of the human rights invented by the EU to weigh us down is taking a while to undo.

the u.k instigated most of the human rights law,

its what we used to do,

sadly those times have passed as has our influence

Edited by beazley

17 hours ago, beazley said:

when they get shipped out their close family would also have to go

So, My brother who died last month - hardly ever worked in his life, was a druggie, fathered lots of Children - done time etc... He should have been kicked out with me alongside him?? I have worked just about every day of my life, served Queen and Country etc. etc.??