ditchman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes either way it is a pointless set up, but I cannot see it ever changing.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Which a almost like throwing your vote away!

Not if people continue to have a mindset like that it wont.

35 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

We can but HOPE!  

Reform has to be worth a go. 

31 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

But how are you going to change anything?

On my own I'm not, but collectively we would, if we all keep playing the same game of only voting the same two parties nothing will change, the Brexit vote showed that, if farage and ukip hadn't been making rapid gains frightening the cons into holding a referendum or risk loosing power, Brexit would never have happened. 

Singing the old song of vote anyone else is a wasted vote will absolutely ensure nothing ever changes. 

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Reform has to be worth a go. 

Unfortunately, not enough people will vote for them.

Plus they need some actual credible candidates to stand everywhere, something which Farage has found out with UKIP is harder than you think. Most of the UKIP candidates were shocking, some would even put BNP candidates to shame when it came to racism.

33 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Unfortunately, not enough people will vote for them.

Plus they need some actual credible candidates to stand everywhere, something which Farage has found out with UKIP is harder than you think. Most of the UKIP candidates were shocking, some would even put BNP candidates to shame when it came to racism.

I agree ukip we're hijacked in the end by the far right, which is why farage abandoned it. 

Back to the point though, vote a party like reform and we could start much needed change, we could also risk Labour getting in or a hung parliament, but I'll take that chance over voting the same old parties and guaranteeing nothing will ever change. 

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Damned shame we can't stop them risking their lives.

We can certainly make it less attractive to come here by raising the threshold on granting asylum and making it very clear that only people suffering 'persecution' will be granted it - not 'economic' migrants.  However, we have little control over the stories of a land 'flowing with milk and honey' they are told before they get here - probably by smugglers after their money.

One of the great puzzles (for me) is how people who apparently have fled persecution with nothing - have mobile phones and funds that makes smuggling them such a richly rewarding occupation for the criminals?

59 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

We can certainly make it less attractive to come here by raising the threshold on granting asylum and making it very clear that only people suffering 'persecution' will be granted it - not 'economic' migrants.  However, we have little control over the stories of a land 'flowing with milk and honey' they are told before they get here - probably by smugglers after their money.

One of the great puzzles (for me) is how people who apparently have fled persecution with nothing - have mobile phones and funds that makes smuggling them such a richly rewarding occupation for the criminals?

I rather suspect repeat suspect their passage is somehow paid by other parties interested in wearing down our finances or some other form of punishment for being so wealthy, and the long term plan is when their extended families are 'entitled' to come here through legal routes.

5 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I rather suspect repeat suspect their passage is somehow paid by other parties

It makes you wonder certainly.  It was reported recently the French confiscate the boats then sell them back.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10249891/French-authorities-auction-smuggling-boats.html

8 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Very astute John.

7 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I rather suspect repeat suspect their passage is somehow paid by other parties interested in wearing down our finances or some other form of punishment for being so wealthy, and the long term plan is when their extended families are 'entitled' to come here through legal routes.

Stranger things have happened at sea?

16 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Either expand it or bin it along with the tinfoil hat Dave.

7 hours ago, henry d said:

George Soros and the EU (who don't account for their underhand spending) are what I was thinking but can't prove, which is why I felt 'suspect' might be more acceptable to lefties and wokes.

11 hours ago, henry d said:

Come on now Henry, really? Someone somewhere is providing and pocketing cash for this fiasco?

Being the jolly old chaps and chapesses we are, we the populace  keep on sucking it up as we have no choice due to legal restraint and sufficient hidden sponsors at home?

5 minutes ago, old man said:

Someone somewhere is providing and pocketing cash

There has just been a group of three people smugglers jailed in France who allegedly raked in more than £1M from migrants.  That's a lot of money and has to come from somewhere.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10348489/Unmasked-trio-human-traffickers-1m-Channel-migrant-crossings.html

On 24/12/2021 at 10:27, Jaymo said:

Thought the messiah and his helpers, were guaranteeing that you would be able to take back control and stop what the picture depicts!!!!!!

BD9DEC58-8174-4C89-A2D8-BD55213F825E.jpeg

I guess his supporters are still looking for that extra £350m a week that's being spent on the NHS! Or the great deal promised for our UK fishing industry. Or British farming. That and Farage's "infomercials" on how I can invest my money better through his advice. Yeah! Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Nigel Farage a man who financially did very nicely thank you out of the EU...which is a lot better that many who supported him now will.

43 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

I guess his supporters are still looking for that extra £350m a week that's being spent on the NHS! Or the great deal promised for our UK fishing industry. Or British farming. That and Farage's "infomercials" on how I can invest my money better through his advice. Yeah! Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Nigel Farage a man who financially did very nicely thank you out of the EU...which is a lot better that many who supported him now will.

LOL, moot point but that picture depicts masses of people marching over land, we are a small island.

34 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

LOL, moot point but that picture depicts masses of people marching over land, we are a small island.

Wouldn’t have had the same visual impact of a small inflatable crossing the Channel. 
By portraying that there will be lines and lines of migrants, it had the desired ‘marketing’ effect. 

On 27/12/2021 at 07:27, Dave-G said:

I rather suspect repeat suspect their passage is somehow paid by other parties interested in wearing down our finances or some other form of punishment for being so wealthy.

Made my day, can't stop laughing.

/Markus

45 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I agree and I'll still maintain that whilst these may have been refugees when they left their country of origin that to get to arrive on the beaches of Kent they've passed at the very least through France or Belgium as that is where their voyage set off from to cross the English Channel.

So IMHO by that very fact they are no longer as they enter the English Channel refugees but have chosen not to remain in the safety of France or Belgium but to become economic migrants in Great Britain.

Yes I have a compassion for those who fled real domestic persecution or war but by the time they have crossed continental Europe they left dire situation behind them thousands of kilometres back. Refugees seek refuge. These have had that chance in Spain or in Austria or in whatever else EU nations they have transited through. 

These are not by the time they reach British shores refugees they are economic migrants and for them as economic migrants there is a legitimate entry system that they have chosen to seek to avoid and go around.

By this act of rejecting that route they in fact usurp the chances of those who do play by the rules to come here to seek a financially better lifestyle and on arrival steal those jobs that lawful arrivals may perhaps have sought.

Edited by enfieldspares