Bi-ethenol fire

ditchman

Correct me if I'm wrong - but I read fuel costs about £2.50 a litre?  I also read that a litre lasts about 3.5 to 5 hours. 

If correct - cost is about 50 - 70p per hour to run.

By comparison, an electric 3 KW fire/heater costs about the same (approx 18p per KWhr) - and a (mains) gas fire at about 3 KW output is around 15 p per hour.

It seems to me quite an expensive way to heat - but looks better than electric.  Despite gas having hugely increased in price - it is still one of the cheapest ways to heat (if you have mains gas).

16 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Correct me if I'm wrong - but I read fuel costs about £2.50 a litre?  I also read that a litre lasts about 3.5 to 5 hours. 

If correct - cost is about 50 - 70p per hour to run.

By comparison, an electric 3 KW fire/heater costs about the same (approx 18p per KWhr) - and a (mains) gas fire at about 3 KW output is around 15 p per hour.

It seems to me quite an expensive way to heat - but looks better than electric.  Despite gas having hugely increased in price - it is still one of the cheapest ways to heat (if you have mains gas).

cheapest fuel i have found is £1.76/litre...........i was thinking to use it like a portable gas fire ?

my daughter has bought a small one as a back up incase there is a disruption in the gas supplies/electricity....said it looks nice anyway 

From my little bit of research as we’re looking for a ceiling hung wood burner ( evil villain lair look).

Their heat output seems to be the main downside to them. It would appear they burn a bit like an old mammod steam engine on meths- effective with direct contact thermal contact but not so much at any distance. 

Would like to be corrected though as one that the ‘lady’ likes is mucho more expensive as a wood burner, than the bio ethanol version. Plus no flu required.